Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Mega Superthread. All gig/new album discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The full show is back up in glorious 1080p.

And I think Channel 4 are to broadcast some highlights from Oxegen on Sat 11 Sep, 12.25AM including some bits of their set and likely featuring me and my friends looking like sweaty rainsodden Justin Bieber fans in the front row.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Jill i love the dedication. 5am and you're updating this thread. If i had some form of AF prize you'd win. Eyes peeled for sweatey Beibers next Sat then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

And I think Channel 4 are to broadcast some highlights from Oxegen on Sat 11 Sep, 12.25AM including some bits of their set and likely featuring me and my friends looking like sweaty rainsodden Justin Bieber fans in the front row.

Thanks for the link! I've paused twenty minutes in.

Haïti wouldn't usually be my ultimate favourite Arcade Fire song (as much as I do love it), but that rendition of it was incredible! Terry Gilliam has done a great job on this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Haiti live is all different kinds of greatness....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

Not sure if y'all know about Download Helper is a handy little program that works with Firefox, it makes it possible to download from video Youtube and convert the file into any format you like :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I'm ripping this 1080p and I'll watch it in full, no buffering or anything. This sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Same as.. a nice taster for the gig later this year!

lordgoat wrote: »
    Jill i love the dedication. 5am and you're updating this thread. If i had some form of AF prize you'd win. Eyes peeled for sweatey Beibers next Sat then.

In my defence, I was just in from the pub.

To undermine said defence, yes, as drunk as I ever get, my first instinct when I get home is always to break out the laptop. It's nearly involuntary. Useful though, I mean by the time I sober up, my drunken posts can be very informative altogether...

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I was on the barrier too so I'm hoping I won't get shown. Pretty sure I started crying at one point. I'm going to look like a sap...

I think maybe it should be one of those things - like using a toilet cubicle with no paper or going to war - where the people who were there just have to live with knowing that once, something terrible was necessary. And we did what had to be done, goddammit, even if the rest of the world will never understand.

The rest of the world may never understand nommm. But we do - we do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Scien wrote: »

It's hard to express how incredible this is! True music..:D

Thankfully not visible - I and my friends were on the front row in the left hand chunk of the pit, and the camera boom spent most of it's time on the right hand one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Missed this cause I was at EP & it's gone private again. Is the full show available anywhere?
    Or a link by PM would be great ;)

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Missed this cause I was at EP & it's gone private again. Is the full show available anywhere?
    Or a link by PM would be great ;)

I have the whole thing in 1080p and I've nowhere to put it. An audio rip is a few pages back though.

There are a couple of DVD versions of it floating around on a couple of torrent sites, but if all else fails, somebody has uploaded it on Arcade Fire's fan forum. He's asked that the link not be shared elsewhere, but sign up and have a look around the Live Recordings section and you'll find it handy enough. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just got a gift of two tickets for the concert in Marseille in November.:)

Very kind gift there pickarooney.

Enjoy!

Yeah, it pays off to casually read out loud the names of bands on posters for upcoming concerts in the presence of a loved one in the run-up to one's birthday :D

Now I have a spare ticket and need to find someone who's actually heard of Arcade Fire...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Yeah, it pays off to casually read out loud the names of bands on posters for upcoming concerts in the presence of a loved one in the run-up to one's birthday :D

Now I have a spare ticket and need to find someone who's actually heard of Arcade Fire...

lol, I bought 2 tickets for Dublin & told my girlfriend afterwards. She was like :confused:
    Then I just starting playing their songs in the car, put on the Reading highlights when they were on & put their webcast on the tv. Now she's looking forward to it :)

"Oh yeah, it's a great service. I got my tickets for Arcade Fire easily from there"
    "Yeah, I.. wait, tickets for what?"
    "Arcade Fire. The band."
    "Arwhat who now?"
    "Arcade Fire. Headline act at Oxegen? Number one album for a few weeks?"
    "what?"
    "Released one of the best albums ever? Considered the best band of the last decade?"
    "Huh? Are you making this up?"

I then played No Cars Go, but they weren't playing any attention...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

no no no

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Got my ticket for december off the official site, still waiting for it! Can't wait :D

Yeah, the Crowdsurge ones will be sent out a few weeks before the actual show.

Out of interest, most of their set from Galicia a while back is up on Youtube.

Is there any way to find out the support bands beforehand?

For the O2 shows it's Devendra Banhart and Vampire Weekend, if that's what you're asking?

EDIT: Beat me to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

For the Marseille gig I think he means.

Oh, my bad.

I think they're with F*cked Up all over the rest of Europe.

Was listening to an interview last night where they suggested that they had been hoping all along to be doing this tour with the late, great Jay Reatard before his sad demise, which I thought was interesting.

Are F*cked Up any good? They're supporting them when I see them in Lisbon.

• Advertisement

Big angry punk. Not my thing, but I'm told by those of a punk persuasion they're some of the best of the modern crop, and they're supposed be immense live, which I can easily imagine.

Advertisement