Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Mega Superthread. All gig/new album discussion.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭palethinboy

didn'tget any, are all the priority ones gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

delighted - I got mine via crowdsurge :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Nothing for me on O2. Ordered via AF.com. Think the total for 2 was 117.30 or so including some western europe recorder letter.

Awaiting confirmation email have an order ID

[edit] confirmation gotten [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Goolay

didn'tget any, are all the priority ones gone?

still available via AF.com

Dublin579 wrote: »
    still available via AF.com

just got 2 thanks!!!!!! whoo hoo, never seen them before, fan since the first album! can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

jaysus that sold out quick... but alas got 4 standing at af.com via crowdsurge. Happy days

i think ticketmaster is pulling a fast one here. i couldn't get tickets at 9.01 but my mate, using the same code got one at 9.05

anyway got one from AF.com fo alls well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Everybody get sorted alright?

TBH the seated tickets offered via ticketmaster appeared to be in the bleechers - I tried twice with them from 9am for 3 seated tickets and both times got offered tkts at the very back. For anyone who didn't get sorted don't forget that its a very small percentage that went on sale today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I've always found the seated tickets that o2 offer are always total rubbish. The o2 blueroom is handy when you're going for standing tickets but if it's a seated gig you're better off waiting I think.

Got 4 tickets at 9am on the dot. Can't wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I was asleep but my cousin got two so I'll take one of his, cost 62.40 in. fee for standing, af.com would have been cheaper slightly but meh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Didn't get any !!!

For the love of god...the priority sells out in 30 odd minutes...what chance have a got on Friday morning?

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Got 4 this morning

Didn't get any !!!

For the love of god...the priority sells out in 30 odd minutes...what chance have a got on Friday morning?

Seats still for sale via arcadefire.com - i just checked this second

Didn't get any !!!

There are still seated tickets available via http://www.arcadefire.com/shows/ if that's any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'm being picky - I want to be standing right in the thick of it...guess I may queue on Friday morning.

No, you're not being picky, I know I'd want to be standing too, seating wouldn't interest me.

Hope you get sorted Friday, and failing that, hang on for the second date and see if that works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I just got 2 standing tickets a minute ago. If anyone didn't get any earlier, try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

And then the rest of the tickets are released Friday? So if I can't get standing today, I should be able to get them if Im at a ticketmaster outlet at 9am Friday???

I can't be 100% sure of this but take it as you like - I purchased the tickets this morning via arcadefire.com and my banks credit card fraud team have just phoned to run some transactions by me - basically since I used the site this morning there have been 3 fraud attempts on my credit card. :eek:

• Advertisement

That's an odd one. Crowdsurge are 100% legit, with a pretty sterling reputation. Not trying to be funny, but it might be worth having a look at your pc's security.

First time I've ever had credit card fraud so totaly bamboozled as to how this happened today. I'm using a fairly locked down work laptop that I always use during the day whenever I'm doing an online purchase.

I know some American purchasers had a (false) fraud alert purely because Crowdsurge isn't very well known and it's based in Britain, but I don't know if that's related. They were raging - they had to ring up their credit card companies in the middle of the presale, knowing the tickets were probably going to be sold out by the time it was sorted out. Stinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Arcade Fire have responded to criticism of the Irish ticket prices.

LINK
    While Arcade Fire get to control the price of the ticket, he said they could not control the fees charged by Ticketmaster. He urged fans to buy tickets at the lowest possible price from the band’s website. The tickets go on general release on Friday.

Mr Rodger said they aimed to give value for the money in Dublin by paying Vampire Weekend, a major act in their own right, a “real fee” while absorbing what they could within the ticket price.

He pointed out that they also donated the entire fee of $1 million (€775,000) from several recent shows to charity to help earthquake victims in Haiti.

He also took the step of asking fans to e-mail him with their observations about ticket prices.

“I’d be happy to talk with anyone about this as the band are not in any way attempting to rip off their fans, they never have done,” he wrote.

I'm not going to re-rant, but yeah, we were talking about that in the gig thread, and the article is extremely disingenuous at best on the part of The Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Just wanted to bump this for anyone interested. Tickets for the concert are available from Arcade Fire .com and are far cheaper than you would pay if you bought them from irish outlet. paid 228 for 4 tix inclusive of all fees etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

I'm a bit bored with the whole ticket price thing, this is Ireland, stuff is allot more expensive than the UK and mainland Europe, it's nothing new. BTW I don't think the tickets are too expensive in all comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Well, from their site, here are four shows with their prices for standing.

Portugal - 37.50
    Germany - 34.10
    Glasgow - 39 ish
    Dublin - 55 lowest price ticket

It is a decent thing for the band to reply to criticism in the press about ticket prices.

The big problem will not be paying 55 for a ticket from a legitimate seller. The big problem will be paying way over that from other fans who greedily buy the maximum amount and then sell the remainder at a huge mark-up.

The amount of fans who become scalpers is amazing. C'est la vie!

Nobody's arguing that their Irish date isn't expensive in comparison to their other dates - just that it is comparative in price to other acts of similar stature.

Incidentally, I can't lie. I was just swearing at my radio during that Phantom competition. A f*cking leaf? REALLY?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

Those priority tickets went fast :/

So what are the chances of getting tickets online with the main release on friday? Or am I better off queing up in stephens green? And what time do you guys reckon id need to be there, eh? :o

Advertisement