Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just want to see what ye think of this....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Well done, indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

G86, I just have to say well done on taking the initiative. It's good to know that there are women out there like you who know what they want and go for it. I hope it works out for you, if not just shake it off and be proud that you gave it a try - nothing ventured nothing gained. You've kept me glued to this post and I'm dying to know what the outcome is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Hey guys

Well I haven't heard from him so far so....I don't know, maybe he's just not too keen! Or slightly freaked out that some mad chick left her number for him!

Tis a wee bit tricky because I'm back in touch with a guy I'm pretty interested in so I kind of want to see how that pans out too.

Jeeny if its not a famine its a feast!:rolleyes:

But sure we'll see anyway, I'll let ye know if I hear anything from him!:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

G86 wrote: »
    To be honest though, since didn't hand it to him directly I'm not expecting to hear from him, but hey you never know!

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna rain on your parade a bit.....

Now, I'm not this guy, but (and the content of the note is key) I don't think I'd be inclined to phone someone I'd never seen before (or couldn't place). How easy would it be to find a photo of you if you had the content of that note do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Heading down now..man I can't believe I'm doing this...:o

Bout time too Missy....Ill be hiding nearby watching you;)

Good Luck xxx

Look you put yourself out there....fair dues to you. If he doesnt call....so what....remember that YOU ARE FAB and any man is lucky to have you:)
    The deed is done;)

Bit of a delay there due to my increasingly complicated lovelife!:rolleyes:

We went in today AGAIN (been in 3 times now and he hasn't been there), and he still wasn't there, so asked the girl behind the counter his name and she said she lives with him...so gave her a wee note for him with my number.

The prob is...she could be his girlfriend:eek: Also..he's not going to know who I am - but I'm hoping he'll cop on and google me! (put my surname on the note)

To be honest though, since didn't hand it to him directly I'm not expecting to hear from him, but hey you never know! Either way I'm working the 'I rock' vibe right now:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Well done G86. "Big ups" & "mad props" and all the expressions that are down with the kids.

Even if you never heard from the guy, I think you should take massive encouragement from the fact that you at least gave it a shot and aren't wondering what if...

I applaud you, if there was an applaud smiley thing here, I'd put it right here ( )

Took balls (or not) to do with you did, but you did it!

I wonder are Xtravision hiring around here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

Porkpie wrote: »
    G86, I just have to say well done on taking the initiative. It's good to know that there are women out there like you who know what they want and go for it. I hope it works out for you, if not just shake it off and be proud that you gave it a try - nothing ventured nothing gained. You've kept me glued to this post and I'm dying to know what the outcome is!

me to !!!:) oh its a bit like"love story"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Still no word back yet no? He might yet. What's the story with the guy you're in to? Would you go for DVD guy over him?:)

Khannie: I'm easily found, if he googled my full name (which was on the note) he'd find my pic on bebo, facebook, and articles I've written. I'm assuming he'd think to google it though..

Corb: Not sure to be honest. I'm still sussing out this guy...thought I had him sussed a few weeks back but now I'm not so sure...so I'll see how that pans out.

Ah I'm thinking he would have text/called by now if he was going to, but I'm not overly concerned - at least I did it! And thanks a mil for the support guys!:px

No probs G86 Im sure some day you will find some uber hot guy that will treat you like a princess.
    He prob would have had a crap personality(this comment will prob come back to bite me on the arse:D )

Maddison wrote: »
    No probs G86 Im sure some day you will find some uber hot guy that will treat you like a princess.
    He prob would have had a crap personality(this comment will prob come back to bite me on the arse:D )

Haha chick ah thanks, to be honest I'm the type that normally finds someone more attractive the more I get to know them - and this was simply based on a few hello's and a cute wee grin - so I'm not too distraught!:p

I kind of feel bad ye didn't get your happy thread ending though! Sorry guys!:o If by any chance he does get in touch I'll be straight on here! (by god I hope he never see's this!:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭honey79

oh well done you i wish i could be that brave
    good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

(by god I hope he never see's this!:o)

It would be pretty funny if he saw this! But CONGRATULATIONS on the note giving, I wish I was brave like you! Continue with the updates, you have me hooked haha and I want a Notebook ending! :)

Hey guys

Just a wee update, went into chartbusters today (2euro a dvd so had to!) and had my wee sister with me (not a good idea!!)..

So, yes - he was there - and I nearly died. Honest to god, if the ground could have opened a hole right there I'd be in China right now. I had no card, told him I lost it so off he goes to get me a new one, asks my name, I tell him and then he repeats it and looks up..and I'm like 'yeah..'.

So I play it pretty cool..but then notice my fecking sister giggling her brains out beside me!!! argghh...

Then, he says something about having a chain, and I said 'what, for my card since I keep losing it?!'; he goes 'well I was talking about my chain, and hanging your card of my neck might be a little stalkerish!!'

So then, after the longest convo we've prob ever had, he says 'by the way you're prob the only person in here to have a card written in pencil' - and I laugh like he's bloody Billy Connolly and say thank you like he's saved my life or something.

Cringe.

But I think we can safely say he's not interested!!!!:o

Hey I hear theres a hot guy in the Xtravision across the road, you could always join there :D Ah forget him...there will be plenty more yummy mens to feast your eyes on, like at the karaoke beers:p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've just read this thread, and wow, well done! I was really tempted to give a guy my number out of the blue like that a few years ago in California. I even got up the never but when I went in, he wasn't there. I staked out the place for a couple of weeks but didn't see him again, and then I got over it.

Even though it didn't work out for you (so far), well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

It sounds odd
    but he did make an effort to talk to you that has to be counted as something
    I know if i find a chick attractive id actually try talking to them....

I know madness.... usually id run away and then do something destructive like beat up a tree. Or at least throw a rock in a river.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I think you're a legend G86. Fair play to you.

ah thanks guys, I think he's just chatty in general though, nothing to do with me lol. I'm also thinking that the chick I talked to could well be his GF!

..though admittedly only thinking that so that I can save face a wee bit:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

The deed is done;)

Bit of a delay there due to my increasingly complicated lovelife!:rolleyes:

We went in today AGAIN (been in 3 times now and he hasn't been there), and he still wasn't there, so asked the girl behind the counter his name and she said she lives with him...so gave her a wee note for him with my number.

The prob is...she could be his girlfriend:eek: Also..he's not going to know who I am - but I'm hoping he'll cop on and google me! (put my surname on the note)

To be honest though, since didn't hand it to him directly I'm not expecting to hear from him, but hey you never know! Either way I'm working the 'I rock' vibe right now:cool:

Only saw this update now, well done G! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

^^Same. Legend for going through with it G86. Even bigger legend for strolling back in today like it's nothing to ya. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ah i read the thread from the start and i wanted to skip to the end and see but i didnt! Fair balls to ya G86, it is intimidating doing that and you did us proud!

Aw thanks guys, I really appreciate all the replys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

And i've just seen your pivc in the "know your" thread and he is a Twatbadger for not jumping the counter and begging you to go out with him!