Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just want to see what ye think of this....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

valery wrote: »
    G86, Im an "owl one" 40 to be precise. So, I feel a little awkward saying this to you cos your prob. half my age, but..........have you ever considered the
    poor fella could be absolutely crazy about you !!!!!!! and he is toooooo shy to approach you. you have to make a stand for womanhood and go ask the fella out........quickly. ps. he could be hung like a ............oooh there i go again. :), my mind is a sewer, really. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Haha Classic, I like your style!:D

G86 wrote: »
    Aw jeeny.. perfect opportunity today, he was standing outside the place when I went down to the shop...but I chickened out!!!:rolleyes:

I think tis a lost cause, I simply have to admit to myself that I'm all talk and no action!:o

Awwww :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah come on G, you can do it!!! Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

Or a certain Miss Bear may have to take a spin down to Phibsboro during the week and do it for you :p

I would too, I'm evil like that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Talent

I'm a bloke (forget it - early sixties and married) and the best up-front chat-up line I ever got from a girl was:

"Tell me the story of your life!"

No man can resist that. We went out for about three months although she broke my heart by going back to her old boyfriend.

Another good line was "You remind of somebody - did you go to such-and-such school" or "Are you by any chance related to - you remind me of her/him." So you can get a conversation going, find out a bit about him - his job or hobby or where he was born or something and say "That's really interesting - listen I'm going to grab a coffee - tell me more".

If you are nervous, ever wonder how he's feeling? Men are emotional cowards, so many of us are afraid of showing our feelings and probably even more nervous of rejection so it's often up to the woman to make the first move. Someobody wrote "A man chases a woman until she catches him" and it's so true.

Two outcomes here:
    1. He's crazy about you and dying to get to know you better and you go for coffee. You can take it anywhere from there.
    2. He turns out to be a total drip, married with kids and you are so glad you found out now rather than spend the rest of your life pretending your laptop is broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Hey G86, I don't know about you, but I rarely come across anyone I want to go out with. So when I do (when the moon is big and blue), I do something about it (and I'm not crazy out-going, I just force myself).

But maybe you come across eligible gentlemen all the time...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

G86 we will not leave you alone until you ask this guy out!! Seriously, if you don't you will always wonder what might have been. I think you're building this up too much in your mind and your fear of rejection is getting the better of you. You said you're pretty sure he likes you. I bet he has been dying to ask you out, only he was too shy or was just waiting for the ideal opportunity. What's the worse that can happen? He may have a gf already, in which case it's no major loss, is it? Or he may be the man of your dreams.

Go for it with whatever approach you are most comfortable with. And best of luck!

Porkpie wrote: »
    G86 we will not leave you alone until you ask this guy out!! You said you're pretty sure he likes you. I bet he has been dying to ask you out, only he was too shy or was just waiting for the ideal opportunity.

Ah but see, I don't know if he does - he's just friendly and looks like the type that would be friendly with anyone - you know? So I wouldn't read too much into that...

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Ah come on G, you can do it!!! Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

Or a certain Miss Bear may have to take a spin down to Phibsboro during the week and do it for you :p

I would too, I'm evil like that! :pac:

:eek::eek: You wouldn't?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It isn't?! I spent 100Euro on a new flipping power cable so I should hope it is!:eek::)

I hope your power cable is gold plated and came with a voucher for free hot sex, because that's one seriously overpriced power cable otherwise!!!!

edit: Okies, now I've read the rest of the thread.....soo......

Listen, you're a good looking girl, it sounds like he probably likes you.....Give it a shot! I have (mostly) only ever regretted inaction on the ladies front. I've never been sorry that I gave it a go, crash and burn or otherwise, and by jesus I have crashed and burned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Go in on pretense of getting DVD
    Ask him to recommend you one (i.e. one he hasnt seen but would like to or see again)
    He will ask for your card
    Ahemm... gently ask for him to check your details i.e. address, MOBILE NUMBER, on file.
    Yep thats the one (cheeky grin), then say 'You must get awlful bored in here. Give me a text. Ill let you know how film goes'.
    RESULT
    If he contacts you - score
    If not, he is attached or 'hes just not that into you' (sorry I couldnt resist)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Ask him out for ladies everywhere! DO IT FOR US, PLEASE!!!!!!

:eek::eek: You wouldn't?!

I so would! Come on, ask him out! What a coincidence that I'll be down at the Vets on New Cabra Rd with work this Friday afternoon, not far from there hmmmmmmm. I'm giving you until the end of the week before your evil friend works her magic! :D

Ah no I'm not that evil but I'd be doing it for your own good ;)

I think slip him a note when you hand back a DVD or something. Easy peasy lemon squeezy without actually having to say the words and getting all embarrassed. If he calls woo hoo, if not you don't have to go in there again.

Khannie wrote: »
    I hope your power cable is gold plated and came with a voucher for free hot sex, because that's one seriously overpriced power cable otherwise!!!!

Ahh stupid compaq model - was the cheapest I could get in peats :(

Novella wrote: »
    Ask him out for ladies everywhere! DO IT FOR US, PLEASE!!!!!!

haha chick I gather you know who I'm on about?;) That's 2 people of here that agree with me, jeeny I'm beginning to think this guy has a fan club!!!
    Clare Bear wrote: »
    I so would! Come on, ask him out! What a coincidence that I'll be down at the Vets on New Cabra Rd with work this Friday afternoon, not far from there hmmmmmmm. I'm giving you until the end of the week before your evil friend works her magic! :D

Ah no I'm not that evil but I'd be doing it for your own good ;)

I think slip him a note when you hand back a DVD or something. Easy peasy lemon squeezy without actually having to say the words and getting all embarrassed. If he calls woo hoo, if not you don't have to go in there again.

ok ok!!! I'll go down this evening...maybe!:o

You should chick, I just think you might regret it if you don't, life's too short and all that malarkey. No biggie if it doesn't work out or he's taken but at least you'll have tried. Best of luck if you decide to do it :)

Heading down now..man I can't believe I'm doing this...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Good luck . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

Best of luck:)........belated. let us all know how ya got on girl !!!!!!

Ouh I'm so proud of you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I have subscribed to this thread. Good Luck!

• Advertisement

Well....

I took my housemate for moral support! I told her we were going for a walk...and she looked and me with a big cheesy grin and said 'ooh are we going to get a dvd??'!

So anyway we went down and I was all geared up to hand him a note with my number...

But he wasn't there!!:(

I'm definitely going to do it now though, I think he must mainly work weekends but I'll call in during the week again and see...!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

I'm gripped to this thread, its like an episode of lost- haven't a clue whats gunna happen next

Good luck!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Heh i've read this from start to finish and i'm hoping you DO go back and ask, taking initiative and making the first move is a big turn on for most men, trust me on this:D I'm hoping this turns out well for you btw;)

Heh i've read this from start to finish and i'm hoping you DO go back and ask, taking initiative and making the first move is a big turn on for most men, trust me on this:D I'm hoping this turns out well for you btw;)

Oh I will don't worry, sure I even hung around 'browsing' for 5 mins but he never appeared!

I've somehow gotten the nerve to do it now!:p Sure as ye all said - what's the worst can happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

plus he'd probably think I was some kind of crazy stalker chick! So I'm kind of out of options unless ye have any ideas?:cool:

Tbh men dont actually mind crazy stalkers as much as women do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

PK2008 wrote: »
    Tbh men dont actually mind crazy stalkers as much as women do.

I assure you - a true crazy stalker would be minded regardless of the sex :rolleyes:

The deed is done;)

Bit of a delay there due to my increasingly complicated lovelife!:rolleyes:

We went in today AGAIN (been in 3 times now and he hasn't been there), and he still wasn't there, so asked the girl behind the counter his name and she said she lives with him...so gave her a wee note for him with my number.

The prob is...she could be his girlfriend:eek: Also..he's not going to know who I am - but I'm hoping he'll cop on and google me! (put my surname on the note)

To be honest though, since didn't hand it to him directly I'm not expecting to hear from him, but hey you never know! Either way I'm working the 'I rock' vibe right now:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 lil'bluestar

Wow! you go girl, I'm delighted for you and I hope it goes great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I'd think if she was his girlfriend, she would've said so, instead of just saying that she lives with him . . . I know I would have!

Anyway, good for you. No one can say you didn't try!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

wow that took bottle well done!!

Advertisement