Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Week I are mostly reading (contd)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

What the Hell did I just read by David Wong. Book three in the John dies at the end series.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Finished Gods of Jade and Shadow. It was alright but felt too dragged out. I was more interested in the Mayan mythology than the story and the characters.

And now for something completely different I've started Happy by Derren Brown.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭antietam1

Does anyone know in which book John Connolly's Parker finds the killer of his family.
    Have done a search myself to no avail, don't want to read them all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

It's Kind Of A Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Xofpod

The Wall, John Lanchester. Dystopian novel set in a post-climate change, walled-off Britain. Depressing how non-fiction it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 20,044 ✭✭✭✭neris

Finally after months of not bothering to read it finished Zero Zero Zero by Roberto Saviano this morning. Not the most enthralling style of writing. Going to try and see how I get on with South from Granada by Gerald Brenan now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

About to start The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.

Finished this lastnight, it was a lovely read... really makes you think about things.

Starting Death on the Nile - this will be my first Agatha Christie book.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

The Bigamist by Mary Turner Thomson.

Apeirogon, A Novel by Colum McCann

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Callan57 wrote: »
    Apeirogon, A Novel by Colum McCann

Be curious to get your verdict. I think McCann is one of the best writers around, irish or otherwise.

The Stationery Shop of Tehran

"The Institute" by Stephen King. An enjoyable read, I'm plowing through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've three books on the go at the moment; Mordew by Alex Pheby, Invisible Women by Caroline Criado Perez for when that gets a bit too weird even for me, and Grimms' Fairy Tales edited by Philip Pullman for when I just need a quick brain reset.

About to start The Trick of Time by Kit deWaal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭eire4

Finished Kushiel's Avatar by Jacqueline Carey the final book in that fantasy trilogy and enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 little bird

Will be dozy all day after staying up late to finish Where the Crawdads Sing. Beautiful book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭PMBC

A few on the go at the moment but making most progress with Michael Harding. Started and awaiting finishing Tale of Two Cities; Dickens and The Master by Colm Toibin.
    I see on the table oh bought Shakespeare Complete Plays - it might be a hint but I dont think Il go there, just yet.
    Pity local library will close tonight as The God Squad, on request, is in transit.

2 on the go at the moment.

Have The Silent Companions on the kindle and Happy by Derren Brown on Audible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

PMBC wrote: »
    Pity local library will close tonight as The God Squad, on request, is in transit.

Will the libraries still operate their phone and collect service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Wyldwood wrote: »
    Will the libraries still operate their phone and collect service?

Not available in level 4 or 5 alas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Just finished What The Hell Did I just Read by David Wong.

About to start A Song of Stone by Iain Banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

Witch by Finbar Hawkins

The Sea, The Sea by Iris Murdoch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

For anyone who enjoyed Stoner, I just finished Robert Seethaler's A Whole Life. It's a short but beautifully written story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭eire4

Finished Peter Beresford Ellis' The Celtic Revolution. The book is a very good overview of who the 6 Celtic nations are and how they came to be where they are in the modern world. What is also interesting is the book was published in 1985 and of course a lot has happen in the 35 years since then.

Utopia Avenue, David Mitchell

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Xofpod wrote: »
    Utopia Avenue, David Mitchell
    Oooh, I'm so envious!!

New Home wrote: »
    Oooh, I'm so envious!!

Then I'd better not tell you I'm sitting here reading it on a day off, rain p*ssing down outside, while I'm listening to the playlist accompanying the book that the author put together on spotify....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yep. Better not. Thank you for being so considerate.

Advertisement