Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hangover food

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Can of Red Bull, Ready Salted crisps and a few bars of chocolate, works every time.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

galwayrush wrote: »
    Can of Red Bull, Ready Salted crisps and a few bars of chocolate, works every time.:cool:

No, can't be doing chocolate for a hangover. Never works for me and actually makes me feel worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

+1 or red bull,last time i drank that i thought my ticker was going to explode.........ban it i say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Supersized chicken royale meal with coke.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Weirdly i usually crave fried eggs when i'm hungover and lucozade. Does the trick for me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Best hangover cure in the world is a super split and a bottle of lucazade sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

A pint glass of water and a bowl of peas and carrots (baby ones from the jar) does me. I discovered this one by accident when there was nothing else in the house. I can't really eat much more than that after a load of drink anyway, or I'd get sick :/

After that, take bottled water and power walk the drink out, followed by long hot shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Abigayle wrote: »
    A pint glass of water and a bowl of peas and carrots (baby ones from the jar) does me. I discovered this one by accident when there was nothing else in the house. I can't really eat much more than that after a load of drink anyway, or I'd get sick :/

After that, take bottled water and power walk the drink out, followed by long hot shower.
    Sounds like one of the nastier ways to kill yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I prefer a grilled breakfast , eggs , rasher , mushrooms ,beans ,tomatoes or if on the move and dont have time , a pasty from the bakery shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

I know its not food, but milk. And lots of it.

I can barely eat anything when I'm hungover and milk is just so good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CallMeMiss

3 in 1 or pizza, washed down with a can of coke or orange locuzade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lots and lots of water. And a rake of buttery toast. Nom nom nom.

Then later, when my stomach feels better, Chips (preferably garlic cheese) or ready salted crisps.

Carbohydrates ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I went out with a girl who swore by - 'McDonalds a poo and a pint'

Classy girl really...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

a bottle of Iron Bru and a breakfast roll <-- best hangover cure ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

You gotta look at what symptoms of hangover you're trying to cure, headache (normally caused by dehydration), upset stomach (usually excess acid) lack of energy (mineral/vitamin depletion) etc...

For an upset stomach take a glass of water with one teaspoon of Andrews Liver Salts (this stuff is magic)

Next
    Glass of orange juice (hydrates you and stabilises your blood sugar level, has vitamin C)
    Slice or two of toast with Marmite, (contains loads of water soluble B vitamins, which you spent all night pissing out)
    Eggs (contain protein, which the liver needs to detoxify the blood)
    Salted peanuts (lots of minerals, which again, you spent all night pissing out)

oh, and The Sunday Times....always makes me feel better for some reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 raksha

Andrews liver salts in the UK definitely do the job on a stomach- it actually says on the back ‘for symptoms of over-indulgence.’ On top of that smoke up before you leave the house, find a nice cozy greasy spoon where the staff are sympathetic and chug 2 cans of freezing cold coke and a sweet brew, and munch down on hash browns mixed with baked beans- it’s the ultimate cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭WebGeek

mushroom soup ususlly does it for me followed by a pint of water...

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chloek

coke and lots of sex.
    tea and sausage sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Nice toast.. bread any savoury carbs

milk

ice cream and yes I can eat ice cream in the morning I don't need your judgements on my lifestyle choices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭jajjay

A €2 Double Cheeseburger with Iced Coke from McDs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

garlic&cheese chips washed down with a bottle of club orange or 7up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

chloek wrote: »
    coke and lots of sex.

Errr, that's what usually leaves me in a heap the next day... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chloek

discus wrote: »
    Errr, that's what usually leaves me in a heap the next day... ;)

coca cola:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Original Lucozade. God's own piss. Beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

durty kebab & can of coke- then chance a ride :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Anything greasy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Pizza,lots of pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Two dirty large bottles of Bulmers maybe three served each time with a fresh pint glass of ice will always do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ShizDink

amazingly sex does help. Banana smoothie if moderate but hangover hell I used to roast a chicken. A pint of Guinness helps too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Chili.

Advertisement