Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hangover food

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

McDonalds is great for getting ya back in form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Two pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Lucozade always seems like a great idea at the time, and initially it's really refreshing. But halfway through the bottle it goes flat, you feel sticky and disgusting, your lips go fluorescent orange and you end up feeling worse than before you touched the sugary sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Lucozade always seems like a great idea at the time, and initially it's really refreshing. But halfway through the bottle it goes flat, you feel sticky and disgusting, your lips go fluorescent orange and you end up feeling worse than before you touched the sugary sh*t.

Good point very true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

A mountain of pasta for lunch.

Lucozade in the morning.

Water during the night.

Then bed early the next night knowing that when I wake up the next morning, I'll feel perfect:) (or else more drinking if it's that kind of week...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

I'm not hungover but I just had a

soft roll with slices of cheese, mustard and tomatoe sauce mixed together, and sausages.

let it sit for a few min and the chesse melts.

One of the guys("Erich") in my office introduced us to this combo and we now call it "The Erich" in his honour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

A french stick sliced open with a packet of peppered salami, 2 packets of snax, a load of coleslaw and some easy singles.... job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

A pint of really cold club orange and a brekkie sandwich.
    A proper sunday roast in the evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jclare56

a pint of rock shandy and cheese on toast... :D

works everytime...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Starman07

An Eddie Rockets Club Sandwich washed down with a strawberry milkshake.Get it india!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Chicken roll and Club Lemon does it for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Because it is the only cure. If you are sick as a dog the only thing to really make you feel better very quickly is a few pints and if you dont wait on it all day(which often happens though) and eat lots it is possible to beat the hangover.
    Too right, if you can get drunk enough early enough you can beat the system.

Only problem is, the pain multiplies when it rolls over to the NEXT day.

I did the old rolling drunk six days on the trot last year, on day 7 I had to stay in bed for 48 hours. Ouch.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Too right, if you can get drunk enough early enough you can beat the system.

Only problem is, the pain multiplies when it rolls over to the NEXT day.

I did the old rolling drunk six days on the trot last year, on day 7 I had to stay in bed for 48 hours. Ouch.

It is possible to beat it completely but its difficult as it involve only having 5 or 6 pints the following day. This way you cure your hangover from the night before but dont create another one for the next day. You are also able to eat more after a few pints as your stomach feels much better, this also helps.

The problem is stopping after 5 or 6 pints its next to impossible!!

Sometimes I struggle to understand how the cure works. Ok its easy enough to see how the alcohol cures a headache. But how it makes a stomach thats on the verge of ejecting its contents feel almost perfect is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Att-tichoo

ice cold can of coke and salt and vinegar hunky dorys

or

any form of icepop...mainly twisters!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

My Hangover Routine is the following:

1. (Just after waking up) Pint of Ice Cold Water+ Panadol
    2. Eat a Chicken Baguette Roll + Jambons or Sausage Rolls
    3. Drink a litre of Dawn Smooth and Juicy or Sunny D
    4. Chill out for the day!

Et voila,hangover gone :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Ice cold orange lucozade sport and lots of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Saw this over in BGRH.

Looks good but very very dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Saw this over in BGRH.

Looks good but very very dangerous.

had something similar to this in Sihoukville in Cambodia in a place run by some english fellas , but ADD a huge teapot of tea too, but think i only paid 2.50/3$ dollars well worth it after a few buckets of vodka +red bull and coke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Breakfast roll (just rashers, sausages and white pudding, doused in ketchup) and a carton of orange juice.

A spicy chicken fillet baguette with peppers, onions, cheddar cheese and sweet chilli sauce.

A big fúck off fry-up (white pudding essential), waffles, beans, toast and cold cold orange juice.

Cold 7UP/Lucozade (these hungover days I call a 7UP day/a Lucozade day)

Ice cream, vanilla, occasionally with strawberries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭annabellee77

Scratch everything everyone has said (including myself) best thing IS hair of the dog.... the 1st drink might be tough but after the 2nd.......happy days:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Cheapo crisps like wheelies, chickatees, johnny onion rings, rancheros etc are my hangover cure for breakfast and lunch.

Then a big dirrrrrty 3 in on tray from the chinese for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

A good painkiller and a pint of water does the job for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Cheapo crisps like wheelies, chickatees, johnny onion rings, rancheros etc are my hangover cure for breakfast and lunch.

Then a big dirrrrrty 3 in on tray from the chinese for dinner.

Don't forget the banshee bones!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Insurgent wrote: »
    Don't forget the banshee bones!!

Mmmmmm another favourite of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

A nice bit fat chicken roll and coke..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Stay away from chololate at all costs or you'll be throwing up all the next day! Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Three bottles of fizzy (Lucozade orange barley for preference if they still do it?) then into the pub for opening time hopefully ending in soup and sandwiches but usually in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

loads of water, a BIG HP, and a big dirty dominos.

used to say mcdonalds but a few times its made me feel 10 times worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Tomato soup. Don't know why, its just awesome when I'm hungover.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Fajitas with mince, sour cream, cheese and anything else that may be bad for you.

Nyom, nyom!

Advertisement