Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Q & A

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Whatever happened to the Cantankerous Gnomes? Just noticed JB hasn't really been around these parts for a while, and as a former Boardsie Cup champion, he'd certainly spice things up up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

he went to zimbabwe didn't he?

he went to zimbabwe didn't he?

In real life? :pac:

Yeah, thought there was a rename or something, but yeah, JB is still trucking away in Zim. Plenty of Boardsie league types playing in Zim though, right? Must see if he's still active.

My search also revealed that Zim beat us in the end of year challenge?! How'd that happen?! Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.league.php#page=standings&id=139577 he's in league and not very active anymore also going to relegate him hehehe :P. I'm the only zim guy or does keogh play in this too?
    It happened because were great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Anyone know what the max age a player can reach is?

I have a few oul fellas in my squad, but have seen players get up to 38 years+, but do they keep going or is there a limit does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

[Jackass] wrote: »

I have a few oul fellas in my squad, but have seen players get up to 38 years+, but do they keep going or is there a limit does anyone know?

Have seen them up to 40, but their CSR tends to be 0

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

they can begin to drop skills at anytime past 29 afaik, if anyones willing to keep 0 CSR players in the squad there's no age limit, BR is only going 18 seasons but I expect by S38 we'll see some 60 y/o players knocking about as salary savers - JPrenders still got a few 0 CSR oldies I think

I've known of players to reach 35 before they began to drop skills - but id plan for players to drop by 31

If he was to get 10 sessions a week every week, how long do you reckon it would take to train a c. 40k csr 17 year old to c. 200k CSR player if you were to use all level 4's and also if you were to use all level 5's?

Oh and when is prize money allocated, is it immediately after the game today or next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

If he was to get 10 sessions a week every week, how long do you reckon it would take to train a c. 40k csr 17 year old to c. 200k CSR player if you were to use all level 4's and also if you were to use all level 5's?

Oh and when is prize money allocated, is it immediately after the game today or next week?

I think it's given out today, shortly after the completion of fixtures.

ill answer this one, assuming training straight from turning 17 and without knowing position(props need more focus training so should reach 200k first, flankers centres need more rounded training) lvl4s would have you to 200k around time of wc so just before they turn 21 and lvl5s should have it half way through there 20-21 season

• Advertisement

What does the dashed line on the pressure bars signify?

FewFew wrote: »
    What does the dashed line on the pressure bars signify?

its represents 20%, the middle ground under that means your attacks under pressure prob losing ground and eventually will prob be turned over. over 20% means your gaining ground and your attacks going good, usually resulting in a linebreak if you keep possession

seanand wrote: »
    its represents 20%, the middle ground under that means your attacks under pressure prob losing ground and eventually will prob be turned over. over 20% means your gaining ground and your attacks going good, usually resulting in a linebreak if you keep possession

Cool, couldn't find it in the aul docs. :)

Does it tend to be pretty synched with the commentary?

Cool, couldn't find it in the aul docs. :)

Does it tend to be pretty synched with the commentary?
    as in linked to commentary? yes id say it is but then commentaries not linked to end score its just fluff filling in the lines, so when you think about it it doesnt actually mean anything

as in linked to commentary? yes id say it is but then commentaries not linked to end score its just fluff filling in the lines, so when you think about it it doesnt actually mean anything

Surely bits like "they're under pressure at that ruck" or "that was quick ball" etc. must be based on something?

Surely bits like "they're under pressure at that ruck" or "that was quick ball" etc. must be based on something?
    well the scores are generated around the time the tactics are set, but im not sure exactly what everything in commentary means apart from telling you there tactics was

well the scores are generated around the time the tactics are set, but im not sure exactly what everything in commentary means apart from telling you there tactics was

You've ruined the game for me.

You've ruined the game for me.

well you wont be having those weird br related dreams again. unless you wanted them, then sorry :(

well you wont be having those weird br related dreams again. unless you wanted them, then sorry :(

Tossing and turning, constantly trying to psych out and then double psych before triple psyching Crisco. It's how it goes. Don't get me started on Daheff! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Tossing and turning, constantly trying to psych out and then double psych before triple psyching Crisco. It's how it goes. Don't get me started on Daheff! :pac:

A randomer on the internet dreaming about me, how.....uh.....freaky and weird.;-)

• Advertisement

When managing your finances, do you look to break even / make profit on "away" weeks (i.e. no match income), or do you run a deficit?

If you run a deficit, what percentage of revenue from "home weeks" do you think is acceptable / sustainable? i.e. if your overall income after expenses during a home match week was 100k - up to what deficit would you think would be ok when not having a home game - 25, 50, 75 or even 100k and break even over the 2 weeks? (i.e not making or losing any money on balance..)

It really depends on what division you're in i think. In lower divisions i was able to breakeven and sometimes even able to make a profit on non match weeks but now there is zero chance of that happening. I was losing 150K at start of this season. Managed to cut down a bit to a 130K loss now. Thats about as good as it'll get unless i start ditching players.

I don't think there is any definite answer here as each team would be in a different situation. You just have to strike a balance with what you're happy with for your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

I'd respond as per JS above, I make a large loss on away weeks due to no match revenue, but make up for it at the home games.

I monitor my bank balance from season to season to see if I am overall losing or gaining cash. I generally also randomly check home and away weeks to see if the home weeks profits are sufficient to cover the loss made in an away week.

I don't buy and sell players much so my income/expenses are stable enough to monitor fairly simply.

In summary, i endeavor to ensure over a two week period (home and away) I make at minimum break even.

Quick one: Who were Monivea Hustlers before they went bot? History suggests they were called Tribal, but it doesn't ring any major bells and they've been around for so long I assume I'd have crossed paths with them before. Always crappy when an old club just dies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Quick one: Who were Monivea Hustlers before they went bot? History suggests they were called Tribal, but it doesn't ring any major bells and they've been around for so long I assume I'd have crossed paths with them before. Always crappy when an old club just dies :(

Snap, I was wondering the same last week! Can't place the team which was bothering me as he was a Div II team so I should know him/her.

Did they used to be the Galway Tribesmen or a name similar to that?

Did they used to be the Galway Tribesmen or a name similar to that?

This is a terrible state of affairs altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

used to be Galway chiefs lads, last season they really dropped off contending top position in my league, through inactivity and players degrading. and then right at end of season went bot

eoferrall wrote: »
    used to be Galway chiefs lads, last season they really dropped off contending top position in my league, through inactivity and players degrading. and then right at end of season went bot

Galway Chiefs! Ah no! Ok, now I don't feel so bad, I remember those lads. Shame to see them go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Does the type of training affect the amount of energy drain per session?

Ie is Stamina and Strength training a bigger burden on energy then say technique and jumping?

Thanks!

Advertisement