Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triathlon club north county dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kermit1

Great that first swim session went so well. It's great to get little tips of others. I myself swim over in Roganstown with friend so may not make sessions in ALSAA.

I had an idea there were a fair few interested in tri in north dublin. So many people out running and cycling. When club gets up and running it can continue to a Quadrathlon club which includes kayaking also. Did a race in uk in may with kayak and it was fab! Just adds another discipline to get addicted to.

And Bizfc I know Kermit is a boy but I'm a girl!

See you on Saturday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Bizfc

Just wondering who's heading out in the morning. 8:30am is an early start. The Round Tower Petrol Station is the one just at the turn for Lusk and Dun Emer right? Cheers, Gavin

If anyone gets a chance to post in the morning that they're heading out that would be great. Cheers, Gavin

Yep that's the right petrol station. See you there. Hope wind dies down a bit!

Hi Sorry I couldn't make it this morning. I was looking forward to it but I've been trying to shake a cold all week and it got the better of me this morning. Hoping to be back in shape to make it to the Swim training over in Alssa next week. Hope it went well this morning and hope to catch up with you guys next week.
    Cheers,
    Gavin

• Advertisement

Good cycle today - great to meet everyone. Hope you all made it back ok and got that puncture fixed. I did miss the group on way back to help with the headwind! See you during the week.

Lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

sahs1 wrote: »
    Hi! I have been running/training regularly for a year. Just started racing. 5 and 10k's. I train alone and know I need new techniques for training to increase strength and endurance...so am looking for an athletics club in North County Dublin Skerries/Balbriggan area. Would love to set one up if there isn't one! Also, quite interested in the notion of a triathlon!!! Would be absolute beginner though...never swum in the sea before!!!!

Star of the Sea AC, technically in Meath, but close enough to Balbriggan. Google for their website for contacts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

kermit1 wrote: »
    Good cycle today - great to meet everyone. Hope you all made it back ok and got that puncture fixed. I did miss the group on way back to help with the headwind! See you during the week.

Lisa
    Lisa,

Was that you that went past me (with someone else) heading towards lusk (dublin direction) and gave me a big friendly hello (20 past or half 8ish). i was wearing a euskaltel (bright orange) jersey. i had intended on going but met a friend and went for a spin with swords cc instead. let me know when the next spin is. also if anyone is around tonight or wednesday in teh north county dublin area and is up for a spin let me know. i ll be doing 50 to 60km and will travel to meet you.

Brian

or maybe was it Bikergal, just looking back over the posts? whoever it was, great to see someone being so friendly at that hour of the morning. nothing worse tahn other cyclists blanking you when you say hi

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭barongreen

Hello there to everyone interested in getting a fingal club going. I,m delighted as i'm in swords and have wanted to join a club this summer, but no local clubs.
    I hope to join in for the swim tomorrow night.
    One suggestion though, swords cc train on sat mornings aswell, there may be people who have to choose between the two. no biggie.
    generally looking forward to where ever this venture leads.

any events on the horizan, there's a tri in clougherhead in a months time.

barongreen wrote: »
    One suggestion though, swords cc train on sat mornings aswell, there may be people who have to choose between the two. no biggie.

had to chose myself this week - went with swords for this week.think swords have spins sunday too so there will always be a clash. be good to get a midweek spin going too. im out tonight cycling and wednesday but tend to end up doing it alone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭bikergal

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Lisa,

Was that you that went past me (with someone else) heading towards lusk (dublin direction) and gave me a big friendly hello (20 past or half 8ish). i was wearing a euskaltel (bright orange) jersey. i had intended on going but met a friend and went for a spin with swords cc instead. let me know when the next spin is. also if anyone is around tonight or wednesday in teh north county dublin area and is up for a spin let me know. i ll be doing 50 to 60km and will travel to meet you.

Brian

or maybe was it Bikergal, just looking back over the posts? whoever it was, great to see someone being so friendly at that hour of the morning. nothing worse tahn other cyclists blanking you when you say hi

Hi Brian, I think that was me. I was heading to the fingal tri spin with one of the lads. I remember saying hi to someone. Bernie

had to chose myself this week - went with swords for this week.think swords have spins sunday too so there will always be a clash. be good to get a midweek spin going too. im out tonight cycling and wednesday but tend to end up doing it alone

Hi, I am actively involved with Swords CC and do go on spins with them, sounds bunch with some very experienced riders. I have learned lots from them. However, I wanted to keep the tri spins seperate as I understand that there will be many different levels with the tri group, and the Swords gang (like all cycling clubs) frown upon tri bars when cycling in a bunch. Also that Sat spin from Blakes Cross is very fast, so would not be suitable for everyone. As the tri club gets more established we can meet and chat and see what suits everyone. I would rather that a lot of the less experienced cyclists got more experience in a group before heading out with a Swords spin.

There is a great Swords spin that departs on Sundays from the Lord Mayors, maybe 9 or 9.15.

sounds like it was definitely you then, you were nice and chirpy for that hour of the morning!!. how did the spin go, did you's do much? when is the next running and cycling sessions (i swim like a brick!)

ah i totally get where you are coming from. going to the swords half 8 spin next week but will come to the tri spin the sat after. will also try make the nest running session. Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

The swim session is tonight (Tues) 9 to 10pm, ALSAA main pool. The guy who is helping us is unable to make it, but I have some drills we can do. As we are just getting started and trying to wrangle a lane or two off the regular swimmers, not sure how it might go!! Last weeks session was great.

Running session is Thurs evening, meeting at Waterside hotel car park, Donabate. 7pm for a 9k loop.

As we get more interested and the website up and running, it is hoped that there will be more meet and train sessions. website is www.fingaltri.ie

2 events on the horizon, but some serious training to be done!!

Beast of the East and Gael Force West..... why oh why did i enter them??

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 michellefla

I've just recently moved to the area and wanted to know the distances you run on a Thur night. Are there different pace groups? I run 5k about 3 times a week..average slightly under 30mins. Would love to start running with others though:)

I've just recently moved to the area and wanted to know the distances you run on a Thur night. Are there different pace groups? I run 5k about 3 times a week..average slightly under 30mins. Would love to start running with others though:)

We had the first running session last week, there was one group of us that did a 9k loop. There is one lady who wants to do a shorter run this week, so if you wanted to go with her. We are just getting going and I am sure as more people meet and train, there will be lots of different levels. You are more than welcome.

Won't be able to make run tomorrow night. Runners knee is giving me a lot of hassle. Get to 4kish and gets unbearable. Any tips on mending it?? Been seeing physio for a few weeks now.

How did last nights swim session go? Great book to get is "Triathlon Training Swimming" by Steve Tarpinian. Good reading.

Brian I would have given you a wave if I'd met you! I know the cyclists you mean that cruise by without even a nod! I won't be out tonight - a lot of my training depends on babysitters so it's mostly a last minute thing. I do know a guy from Lusk who trains on his own who may like to join you. Will check next time I see him.

Website is looking good Bernie!

Won't be able to make run tomorrow night. Runners knee is giving me a lot of hassle. Get to 4kish and gets unbearable. Any tips on mending it?? Been seeing physio for a few weeks now.

How did last nights swim session go? Great book to get is "Triathlon Training Swimming" by Steve Tarpinian. Good reading.

Brian I would have given you a wave if I'd met you! I know the cyclists you mean that cruise by without even a nod! I won't be out tonight - a lot of my training depends on babysitters so it's mostly a last minute thing. I do know a guy from Lusk who trains on his own who may like to join you. Will check next time I see him.

Swim session went well last night. There were a few more than last week.
    That book sounds good. I must look out for it!
    Thanks for the compliment Lisa, but its one of the lads who has done all the work and he has it looking great.

Hi guys,
    Congrats Bernie on getting the website up and running. It looks great and like it has all the potential to be an ideal forum for updates and info. I'm suffering with a flu at the moment but once I'm back I look forward to hooking up with you guys for some training.
    Cheers,
    Gavin
    PS I also hate those cyclist that blank you after you've waved at them passing. I'll always be a waver even it becomes uncool :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭messed_up

bikergal wrote: »
    We had the first running session last week, there was one group of us that did a 9k loop. There is one lady who wants to do a shorter run this week, so if you wanted to go with her. We are just getting going and I am sure as more people meet and train, there will be lots of different levels. You are more than welcome.

Hi michellefla,

Judging by your current level of running you'd be more able to join in the full 9k loop - its fairly flat and the pace is nice and handy. Pop along anyways and you can see what suits then

OK..I'm gonna give the 9k a shot...will do my best to make it this evening...and if not I'll catch you in a couple of weeks time cos I'm away next week

how did last night go?

Good turnout on a great night for a run. Eight runners last night with seven did the 9k loop from Donabate to Portrane and back through the village. One of the guys was under time pressure so did a run on the beach.

how did last night go?

Unfortunately I didnt get home from work in time to make the run. I'm away the next two Thur (doing a charity run one of the evenings) so hope to make the training in Aug onwards. Hope everyone enjoyed it though..I'm excited to join you guys:)

Hi there

Can you tell me what the website is? I cant seem to find it anywhere!!

Hi there

Can you tell me what the website is? I cant seem to find it anywhere!!

www.fingaltri.ie

Hi guys,
    William and I made the most of last nights session in the pool. It was my first time up and I was looking forward to meeting most of the people who are in the club at the moment. In the end it was just William and myself who worked through the pyramid session you guys did last week. Paul popped over at the end to say hello. He had been over in one of the other lanes and recognised William's South African accent. Hopefully I'll meet the rest of the gang soon. It was a great session all the same!
    Regards,
    Gavin

Bizfc wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    William and I made the most of last nights session in the pool. It was my first time up and I was looking forward to meeting most of the people who are in the club at the moment. In the end it was just William and myself who worked through the pyramid session you guys did last week. Paul popped over at the end to say hello. He had been over in one of the other lanes and recognised William's South African accent. Hopefully I'll meet the rest of the gang soon. It was a great session all the same!
    Regards,
    Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Had planned on making last night my first swim but am doing a 5k race tonight so figured I'd be better off resting up. Definitely will make it next week. Is the pool you use in the ALSAA complex with the running track or is it the one in the airport?

• Advertisement

Hi All,

Myself and Caroline wont make many of the swim sessions as our sessions are usually 6 am or when we have syncrhonised babysitters. Will defo make cycling sessions though. Good news on the leg - did 8 k today with mild pain so hopefully will join you all next week for run. Stick with us Gavin, has been 6 for last two weeks on cycle so if you two join us will be 8. Clever me! Just takes a while for people to become aware of club. All I've met so far seem like a great bunch.

Lisa

Advertisement