Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Computer Workstation - €21.60 (w voucher)/€27 delivered [Littlewoods]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Cathy, I wouldn't trust the status on the website too much, to be honest. My original delivery date was put back to the 25th of August but was showing as 'delivered' as of the middle of last week. Based on what other people had said here before, I was allowing that by 'delivered' they meant it was delivered to the Irish depot as I certainly hadn't seen it! :D I got a phone call last Monday from the courier company who said it would be delivered on Tuesday and, sure enough, it was delivered just before 1 p.m. on Tuesday last. So I reckon you should have it a lot sooner than what you've been told, maybe within the next week perhaps if the delivery time for me is anything to go by.

As for the workstation itself, I'm actually quite impressed with it and the build quality of it, considering the low price. I put it together in a couple of hours (the last bit where you have to attach the hutch/CD tower bit to the main desktop and then attaching that whole unit to the bottom part was a bit of a pain in the arse and could have done with a second pair of hands) and, while I used a bit of wood glue to keep the dowels in place, I found that when I started screwing it together it didn't really need any extra glue to hold it together, the screws were plenty big enough to pull it all tight together.

Size-wise, I've a 22" widescreen monitor and it fits into the hutch with speakers on both sides no bother and with room to spare, so it would take a 24" monitor easily too, I'd say. The space for the tower was just about big enough for mine (I've got about a centimetre or so of clearance to spare at the top) and it was plenty deep enough. I had planned on putting the subwoofer for my speakers (Logitech X210) in the space above the tower but, unfortunately, it's about half a centimetre too short! Raging over that (I suppose I could always Dremel a bit off the legs on the sub if I wanted to! :D Or just lay it down on it's side, maybe) but I put it on the shelf at the top of the hutch instead. The shelf for a printer is plenty big as well (I have an old HP Deskjet 920 printer at the moment), I'm planning on getting an all-in-one printer/scanner job shortly anyway and I measured it and it should fit most HP or Epson all-in-ones fine. As for legroom, I'm about 5'10" and I haven't had any problems at all.

Overall, I'm very, very happy with this and especially so considering the price. I don't think it's available on the Littlewoods site at all anymore (probably completely sold out or now discontinued) but, if it does come back into stock, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CathyMelbin

Thanks a lot , for the info. Aidan. I too felt that it was a great bargain. Only the wait ,kind of, put me off..Anyways , hope that I get it soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

only saw this deal now.seems to have expired getting an error page.does anyonr think there would be any chance of littlewoods having it again?

Advertisement