Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Computer Workstation - €21.60 (w voucher)/€27 delivered [Littlewoods]

Options
  • 18-06-2009 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

imageunavailable&wid=640&hei=540&qlt=80
    Buy it @ Littlewoods!

Just bought this... amazing value, especially as I used the voucher code: 'XX368' (expires June 25th.. and can only be used once per account).
    Pull-out keyboard shelf on metal runners. Holds up to 28 CDs. Self assembly. H 134, w 92, d 58cm. Beech-effect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Great value, but littlewoods to me is like pixmania to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Cheers Basquille, good spot!! Have ordered one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Onikage wrote: »
    Great value, but littlewoods to me is like pixmania to you.
    Ouch.. really? Only ordered from them once and went fine!

Ah well.. I'll take the risk with a €21 order to be honest. The difference is the troublesome as-yet-unresolved order with Pixmania is worth close to €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

looks good, was a little worried about how sturdy it would be but the reviews seem fine. Think I'll get this as I've been looking for a desk. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Cheers OP. Ordered a good few things from Littlewoods in the past and no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Cheers, thats a great spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Thanks for the post OP, just ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Used to have one of these, thats a serious bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

When I go to track the order is says delivery date of 7/7/09. I ordered it on 21st - is it normal to take this long to be delivered? Under status it says dispatched!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

when you ordeed it said 2 weeks did it not

• Advertisement

i dont remember - thats why i was asking. just unusual that it says dispatched but yet i have to wait another 10 days + for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

encryptix wrote: »
    looks good, was a little worried about how sturdy it would be but the reviews seem fine. Think I'll get this as I've been looking for a desk. :)

With any flat pack stuff like this it always makes a sturdier job of it, if you run some glue along all the joints, should last lots longer then.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Just ordered it, my wee desk is getting shakey these days. Basquille, whats the back where the printer is like? Is there a space open to run cabling through in between the two boards?

Haven't recieved it yet unfortunately Bambi. Well.. in saying that, I got it delivered to parent's house so it might have arrived but I haven't heard yet.

Certainly would imagine it's either delivered or close to being so judging by my Littlewood's tracking.

64837030.jpg

Mine wasn't at parent's house even though it says it's been delivered. Must give Littlewood's a shout tomorrow though.

There was a decent-ish computer desk in Lidl for €25 but didn't look nearly as big or sturdy as the Littlewood's one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

basquille wrote: »
    Mine wasn't at parent's house even though it says it's been delivered. Must give Littlewood's a shout tomorrow though.

Mine says the same, date changed just like yours but no desk here...

Do-more wrote: »
    With any flat pack stuff like this it always makes a sturdier job of it, if you run some glue along all the joints, should last lots longer then.

thanks for that tip, last thing i put together was a table and its a little shaky :o

Mine now says Order Despatched so hopefully i'll have it soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

basquille wrote: »
    Mine wasn't at parent's house even though it says it's been delivered. Must give Littlewood's a shout tomorrow though

i wouldn't put much faith in the 'delivered' i think it just updates automatically. On the spec page it does say 2 weeks for delivery and its only been a week. Its one of the reasons i dont order littlewoods stuff, a tent i posted in requests which is good value but takes 3 weeks for delivery :( they mustn't keep much stuff in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Maybe its delivered to the warehouse for dispatch to the courier :D

Davy wrote: »
    i wouldn't put much faith in the 'delivered' i think it just updates automatically. On the spec page it does say 2 weeks for delivery and its only been a week. Its one of the reasons i dont order littlewoods stuff, a tent i posted in requests which is good value but takes 3 weeks for delivery :( they mustn't keep much stuff in stock
    Yeah, I'd paid more heed to the expected delivery date.. rather than the revised.

Will let ye know when I recieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Received mine today Thanks OP,
    Pity I was abroad until the early hours of this morning other wise I could have ordered a cheap PC from them also :D:D

Mine arrived today.. was a ton weight to transport from parent's house.

Looks like a bastard to put together! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Did anyone get notification that it was being delivered, if so how much? Mine says it was delivered on the 3rd :confused:

Bambi wrote: »
    Did anyone get notification that it was being delivered, if so how much? Mine says it was delivered on the 3rd :confused:
    The courier rang me the day before they delivered it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

looks like a piece of crap does not like sturdy at all

will be very uncomfortable

Kazu wrote: »
    looks like a piece of crap does not like sturdy at all
    Trust me when I saw it's pretty damn sturdy.. some wood glue along with the wood dowels would have been nice, but I had some spare anyways.

And I have assembled many other computer desks in the past for friends and family. I'd give it a 7 / 10.. a helluva lot better than some of the stuff they're passing off for computer desks in Lidl / Aldi.
    Kazu wrote: »
    will be very uncomfortable
    It's a good thing people won't be lying on it so! ;)

got it on Saturday, and ive finally finished putting it together..its very sturdy, (doesn't move at all right now when shook but im sure with time it will loosen up a bit) and looks quite nice for the price.

A good bargain!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Where the hell do you put your legs when sitting at this thing?

Stephen wrote: »
    Where the hell do you put your legs when sitting at this thing?
    Oh.. I don't know.... on the ground?!

Or alternatively, provided you've no printer sitting on it, why not use the "shelf" running across?

• Advertisement

Got a call on Friday saying it'd be delivered Monday morning.

Came at half 10 and I put it up in an hour.

Its very sturdy and a great buy for the price.

Cheers for this Basquille.

oh, and Im pretty tall and even with my printer on the bottom theres plenty of leg room!

Advertisement