Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall Computer Workstation - €21.60 (w voucher)/€27 delivered [Littlewoods]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    Came at half 10 and I put it up in an hour.
    Alright.. alright.. don't brag! :D

Took me closer to 2 hours but I did lose some wood dowels along the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

basquille wrote: »
    Alright.. alright.. don't brag! :D

Took me closer to 2 hours but I did lose some wood dowels along the way!

2 hours? Did you go outside and cut the wood yourself? :p

The only thing that annoyed me about this is having to wait quite a while to get it but other than that for 21 quid its an absolute bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Still didn't get mine:mad: Damn Littlewoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

mine just arrived

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Stephen wrote: »
    Where the hell do you put your legs when sitting at this thing?

I tend to take away that printer shelf that's always where your legs should go.

• Advertisement

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I tend to take away that printer shelf that's always where your legs should go.
    Yep.. was gonna put my subwoofer there. But might just put that in the enclosure on the right-hand side. As my Mac Mini is going above that.

I got a call at 10.00pm last night:confused: to tell me that that my order would be delivered today lunchtime, first time I have ever got a call from a courier at that time of night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Could any of the people who bought this and have received it post up a picture of it so I could see what it looks like "in real life", so to speak, as opposed to the pic on the Littlewoods website? Also, could you give me an idea of some of the dimensions, specifically the width of the area of the hutch where the monitor sits into (marked by the red arrow in the attached picture), the depth of the area where the PC tower fits (green arrow) and, also, is the shelf above the PC (marked by the yellow circle) capable of being adjusted to different heights or is it fixed in that position? Thanks!

Could any of the people who bought this and have received it post up a picture of it so I could see what it looks like "in real life", so to speak, as opposed to the pic on the Littlewoods website?
    I've attached a photo I sent to a friend while I was putting it together.. as he wanted to know is the top half was required to be attached (it's not).
    Also, could you give me an idea of some of the dimensions, specifically the width of the area of the hutch where the monitor sits into (marked by the red arrow in the attached picture), the depth of the area where the PC tower fits (green arrow) and
    Can't help with dimensions unfortunately..
    also, is the shelf above the PC (marked by the yellow circle) capable of being adjusted to different heights or is it fixed in that position? Thanks!
    No, that's not adjustable as far as I can remember!

I've attached a photo I sent to a friend while I was putting it together.. as he wanted to know is the top half was required to be attached (it's not).

Thanks for the photo, basquille. Gives me a better idea of the colour and size of it than that pic on the website.
    Can't help with dimensions unfortunately..

You mean to tell me you don't have a tape measure or even a ruler in the house? :D Nah, I'm only joking with you, that's okay, don't worry about it.
    No, that's not adjustable as far as I can remember!

Fair enough, was just wondering, that's all. Thanks for the help, basquille.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Has anyone else ordered this and not gotten it yet? I would have ordered it within a day of this thread coming up which is over a month now and im not too happy about it! The expected deliver date was the 7th July too. I can see why people give out about Littlewoods now

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Could any of the people who bought this and have received it post up a picture of it so I could see what it looks like "in real life", so to speak, as opposed to the pic on the Littlewoods website? Also, could you give me an idea of some of the dimensions, specifically the width of the area of the hutch where the monitor sits into (marked by the red arrow in the attached picture), the depth of the area where the PC tower fits (green arrow) and, also, is the shelf above the PC (marked by the yellow circle) capable of being adjusted to different heights or is it fixed in that position? Thanks!

red is 29 inches
    yellow about 9.5 inches
    green 22 inches

be warned: the PC area was too short to my dell dimension...(about 18 inches) note the xbox in the picture

Thanks for that, Bambi. As I'm sure you've guessed by now, the reason I wanted the dimensions was to see if my monitor (22" Samsung) and speakers would fit neatly into that hutch area above the desk and I was also concerned about how big the space was for the PC tower. That little shelf above the tower area (the one I circled in yellow), I gather that's in a fixed position and not moveable but do you think it could be left out when putting the desk together in order to give a bit more height to fit a taller tower in or is it an essential part that's needed to hold the desk together properly?

Oh, by the way, great flight sim setup you have as well! ;) Would kill to have a setup like that myself but I don't seem to have the time nowadays to do any virtual flying anymore so a setup like that would just be a waste of money on my part. Someday if I manage to get the time to get back into flight simming again, I might look into investing in a similar setup but, for the time being, I can only look at yours and dream! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone got a discount code for these.

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone got a discount code for these.

All sold out I'm afraid! I still haven't assembled mine! Hopefully I will do it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Has anyone got any promotional codes for Littlewoods. I want to purchase an item today.

Thanks in advance.

pissed wrote: »
    Has anyone got any promotional codes for Littlewoods. I want to purchase an item today.

Thanks in advance.

xx285 for 15% off
    xx408 for 20% off (although I am pretty sure this is invalid now but give it a go anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

lindtee wrote: »
    xx285 for 15% off
    xx408 for 20% off (although I am pretty sure this is invalid now but give it a go anyway)

pissed wrote: »

Do these codes still work. Has anyone tried them today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

Looks good, pity I didn't see it earlier as it seems sold out.

• Advertisement

These seem to be back in stock now. Just ordered one using the xx285 discount code lindtee mentioned and it brought it down from €27 to €22.95. Nice! Cheers for that, lindtee! :D Hope all goes well with the order and I have it within the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you all up to date with the progress of this anyway!

Out of stock again LOL

Yep, just seen that myself. Jaysus, do Littlewoods only keep a couple of each item in stock at any given time or what? Their stock levels seem to be terribly low and they always seem to sell out of stuff incredibly quickly.

I just hope this won't affect my order in any way now. The money's already been taken from my card so I presume I was one of the few who managed to get an order in before the stock ran out again. At least, I hope so!

Yep, just seen that myself. Jaysus, do Littlewoods only keep a couple of each item in stock at any given time or what? Their stock levels seem to be terribly low and they always seem to sell out of stuff incredibly quickly.

I just hope this won't affect my order in any way now. The money's already been taken from my card so I presume I was one of the few who managed to get an order in before the stock ran out again. At least, I hope so!

When I looked earlier they had 12. I would say they got 15 in total and alot of people had it set up to send them an email when they became available.

Too late again, only checked my email now and got a email at 5pm saying that they were available.

cronos wrote: »
    When I looked earlier they had 12. I would say they got 15 in total and alot of people had it set up to send them an email when they became available.

Funnily enough, I only got that e-mail from them saying they were available again after I'd ordered it already and, by the time that e-mail arrived, they were already out of stock again. So those who waited until they got that availablity e-mail would have been out of luck even by that stage. I guess I was lucky because I've been checking the Littlewoods website itself a few times a day for the past few days waiting for them to come back into stock and as soon as I saw they had today, I ordered. Waiting to get an e-mail from them is too late and means you'll miss out, it seems, because they get so few of them back in stock each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CathyMelbin

It's available now and just ordered one with the code xx285 Lindtee gave and the price got reduced to 22.95 !!! Thanks a lot, Lindtee..

Cant wait to get it ..

Thanks,
    Cathy

Seems to be back again, Having problems creating a new account with them.

Hi folks, just thought I'd give a quick update on this. My order is currently showing as "awaiting stock" so it seems to me like they never actually had them in stock at all (or maybe only a couple) but they continued taking orders anyway in advance of getting them back in stock again. The original delivery date I was given of the 14th of this month has now been pushed back to the 19th as a result. Bit of a pain in the arse, it must be said, but it'll arrive eventually, I hope. Gives me more time to do some tidying up and making room for it for when it does arrive, I guess! :D

I'll keep you all up to date on the progress of this anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 CathyMelbin

Hi All, I had ordered it on 29th July and today I checked the site and it says 'Delivered' with today's date and I havent received it . I called them and they are saying that it's been delivered to their depot in England and it might take another 20 days before it actually gets delivered to me.

How long is that , nearly one and a half months to get a item delivered ??

:(

Advertisement