Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a bit of fun

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭DJS

Week 8, Day 3
    Session

15min warm up on the roads
    2x300(44,44)
    2x150(18,18)
    2x300(44,44)
    15min cool down on the roads

Ok so I was running solo in my session tonight as peter was doing a longer session and fitzington done a session yesturday.
    The focus of todays workout was just to keep the legs ticking over, this is a session I used to do when I trained out in santry and it is mad I used to struggle doing these. But today the 44s felt alot more smoother and the weather was not helping the times but yet I still kept them consistant.
    After the session my legs felt like i hadnt done a session at all..
    Everything seems to be falling into place. Im hoping for a big run this weekend, I know im as fast as iv ever been, Also fitness wise I cant remember being as fit. But if I dont come away with a good time im not goin to take a hussy fit, my goal is to run quicker the my last race, anythin more and ill be delighted. Im glad to be in the race as I have been saying for nearly 3 years im going to do this race. Anyway till next time:cool:

Week 8, day 4 + 5
    After my light session I just ran easy on thursday did some drills just to keep the legs fresh. Didnt do anythin else no strides.
    Friday I braved the weather and ran while the lads(peter and ecoli)dared to do a session but alas the wind got the better of them... I just did an easy 10min run, drills, stretching, 10mins

National Senior 800m - PB: 2.05.64
    Well I finall got a pb over 800m and im really delighted I did this race, although there is room for improvement. But it was great to be in the mix-up with the two superstars of irish athletics battled..
    Anyways the race it self was an ok one,
    I was in the 4th heat of 4 so last one out. And just as I predicted id get thomas chamney, but I also got one of my buddys david keogh, Mark patterson and a few others. I was in lane 7 and after 100m there was about 6 people infront of me as I slotted infront of two others. We went through 200m in 28.
    Feeling good till I hit the wind which hit me hard, got through to 400m feeling ok, I didnt get my split but id say i went through 400m in 60.
    It started to pick up and I was feeling it now I just felt sluggish more then anythin, I went through 600m in 1.32
    So at this stage i felt like a good run was out of the question, but me and two others battled the last 100m but they had the legs on me and i finished in a PB 2.05.64 but last in my heat.
    I didnt feel like it was a great run it was hard to concentrate on my race when chammers was dominating the race. But ill take it move on and look forward to wednesday night 1500m. Hopefully I can continue my pb streek of 1 race lol

Was a great day all round and I got to meet a few boardsys aswel which is always good to meet new friends. Anyways that was the race I think the main thing to take away from today was I ran 2.05 into a huge headwind and without that I might have ran my season goal time of 2.04 but im not far off what I wanted to run this year. Im glad ill be goin into XC off the back of a few pbs. Till next time

Here is the race video, i actually give up the last 20meters!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La5nqlLLfU4&feature=channel

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Good running DJS. Well done on PB!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Nice PB DJS - I'd say sub 2:04 is on the cards with a more conservative 1st 400m.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Nice PB DJS - I'd say sub 2:04 is on the cards with a more conservative 1st 400m.

thanks man.. Funny enough I find it easier to run like this, dont ask me why but I felt that the wind just really set me back. I think im in better shape then that anyway kinda gave up when they passed me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭RJM22

Nice report,

why dont you take a day or two off - do nowt and set up a little time trial for yourself. Would be a waste not to test yourself again whilst your in shape

Well i rested the last two days just taking it easy so they were my rest days, Im doing an easy run now tomorow then im headed out so ill be hungover to bits monday.
    Have one of the lads to pace me through 300 in under 40 so if I can go 54 or so ill make the 4x4 team.
    Ill rest then tuesday and race wednesday

No rest for the wicked... end of season soon so ill rest then man:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 1500mrunner

Good run man, seemed like you took the wind for most of that. Id say there is more in the tank and you just need the right race to get your 2.04

Well done on the pb tho all the same

Well its finally the end of my long season.
    Iv been running straight for 14months trainin 6-7days most weeks, It has been a good year in terms of getting back into training. The year before I was training for 400m so to get back to distance running and running pbs was fantastic but its had its up and downs, and it seemed like there was alot more downs then ups.
    I ran pbs in:
    400m - 54(relay split)
    800m - 2.05.6
    1500m - 4.24
    1 mile - 4.42
    5k(road) - 17.31

Some of the highlights of the year was definatly:
    2nd place in Varsity indoors DMR
    Beating jamesy in jingle bells in a kick
    Meeting and coached by eamonn coughlan
    Running 4.24 in horrible conditions
    Helping Tallaght to the National League final with half a team
    Running a personal best in the national seniors
    Beating peter in the 800m(had to be said man)

Some downsides of the year:
    Not running a cross country season
    Getting beaten by jamesy in the 5k in marlay park
    Not running well xmas day
    Indoors in general
    Running the 400m hurdles and 3k steeple in one day
    Running the 4x1,jump jump,triple jump with an injury
    Not getting promoted in the national league

Well im going to take a full break now and totally rest up and enjoy the rest of my summer. Ill be back into the swing of things on the 31st of august. This next year hopefully ill have a few more highlights and pbs to talk about and less downsides. Im really looking forward to teaming up with ecoli, peter, fitzington and a few others for xc training. Im going to start a new blog when I come back. New blog, new training, new focus.
    Thanks to anybody who was reading my blog and im sure ill hear from you all again.
    Watch out next year is my year!!
    Till then, you stay classy San Diego!!!

Advertisement