Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Fine job. Now get ready for the background questions. :rolleyes:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I bought it with the single centre spike, there seems to be a smaller hole below it for a second lighter spike.
    You see them for sale from €250, don't think lads could be making much money building them...
    Two 43" stone fork tines plus bushings were €150, and the bit of 3x3" heavy wall box was €15.
    Not counting time, cutting disk, plasma cutting the holes and welding rods etc.

Fine job. Now get ready for the background questions. :rolleyes:

I get the feeling background questions will be firmly in the "rooter" category :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Little bit of welding work, converted this Twose bale spike from one to two tines.
    pjB74pK.jpg

HH0qmf4.jpg

5IdfwtI.jpg

The dog trusts your welding anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

emaherx wrote: »
    Nice work.
    Was it something else before? Seems a strange design with just 1

Were you thinking of flattening that dog!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭emaherx

Figerty wrote: »
    Were you thinking of flattening that dog!

Honestly..., I don't even know that dog! :D

emaherx wrote: »
    Honestly..., I don't even know that dog! :D

You definitley won't if that bales drop...

Figerty wrote: »
    You definitley won't if that bales drop...

True.... I'll let Nek worry about that though :D

Kevhog1988 wrote: »
    The dog trusts your welding anyway

I'd trust my welding... I just wouldn't trust the hydraulic pipes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

I bought it with the single centre spike, there seems to be a smaller hole below it for a second lighter spike.
    You see them for sale from €250, don't think lads could be making much money building them...
    Two 43" stone fork tines plus bushings were €150, and the bit of 3x3" heavy wall box was €15.
    Not counting time, cutting disk, plasma cutting the holes and welding rods etc.

Lsds would be msking them on the dide with scraps that sre left over . And wouldnt be heavy wall box iron eithre
    The stonefork times might hsve gone up in price since i made my last double bale handler 3 years ago but i was able to get genuine kv 43 inch tines for 50 a pieve. Spurious were 40. Heavy duty bushings 10 a piece and normal duty bushes were 8 a piece.
    I use a pilar drill with the cutters for the magnetic drill to bore the holes for the bushes.

Fine job with the conversion though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

9935452 wrote: »
    I use a pilar drill with the cutters for the magnetic drill to bore the holes for the bushes.

Fine job with the conversion though

Do you just grip the cutters in the three jaw Chuck or have you some type of adapter.?

Do you just grip the cutters in the three jaw Chuck or have you some type of adapter.?

Its an denbigh pilar drill that i have. 6ft tall, belt drive with different speeds and a gearbox with self feed also. Speed can be reduced to 30rpm on it . Its morse 3 taper and i use a mag cutter adapter on it . It can drill straight through 4inch box iron
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164640653464

9935452 wrote: »
    Its an denbigh pilar drill that i have. 6ft tall, belt drive with different speeds and a gearbox with self feed also. Speed can be reduced to 30rpm on it . Its morse 3 taper and i use a mag cutter adapter on it . It can drill straight through 4inch box iron
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164640653464

That's a great idea, do you use those RotaBroach cutters in it then?
    I have an old milling machine with a no.3 morse taper head that I use to drill, so it's good to know about those adaptors.

That's a great idea, do you use those RotaBroach cutters in it then?
    I have an old milling machine with a no.3 morse taper head that I use to drill, so it's good to know about those adaptors.

Yes. I have a couple of magnetic drills too so have a good few cutters . One rated to 32m., the other to 50mm
    Comparing the 2 the pilar drill in under no pressure cutting holes up to 100mm in 10mm plate

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

A frosty morning is about the only time net wrap is any use, takes the chill off an old block.

540893.jpg

https://giphy.com/gifs/U1aN4HTfJ2SmgB2BBK/html5

Hang on a second little lady, while it was warming up I upcycled an old milk carton (instead of shipping it off to Japan where they will burn it for fuel), to make a little holster for this yoke from didildaldy that looks a bit like a Stanley knife, but isn't:( so it won't close properly.

540894.jpg

Anyone else found a use for netwrap?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

blue5000 wrote: »

I hadn't considered using it to try to set fire to a tractor :P

I hadn't considered using it to try to set fire to a tractor :P

Put them on one at a time:cool: yer not supposed to put a whole bag of them on at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Odelay

A frosty morning is about the only time net wrap is any use, takes the chill off an old block.

540893.jpg

Hang on a second little lady, while it was warming up I upcycled an old milk carton (instead of shipping it off to Japan where they will burn it for fuel), to make a little holster for this yoke from didildaldy that looks a bit like a Stanley knife, but isn't:( so it won't close properly.

540894.jpg

How much are you selling the holster thingy for? Will you fit it too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Odelay wrote: »

Can you get the tape in any other colour than deutz warrior black ? I'm fierce fussy on colour.

NcdJd wrote: »
    Can you get the tape in any other colour than deutz warrior black ? I'm fierce fussy on colour.

Lidl do have it with "candy skulls" pattern by times.
    If that's any use to you?
    :D

• Advertisement

Odelay wrote: »

Jefferson fold up knife.. way better.

Have one two years.. hard to loose out of the pocket

https://www.constructionspares.com/folding-lock-back-utility-knife

Lidl do have it with "candy skulls" pattern by times.
    If that's any use to you?
    :D

Since Blue is whoring his new business idea, I'm going to do the same. If anyone needs their 2020 calendars upgraded to 2021 editions let me know. No brexit delays, guaranteed indigenous Irish start up. Professional two colour finish. Fiver a calendar plus postage and into a draw for a 2021 National Agrichemical Distributors year planner which will take place at the end of the year. :D

Since Blue is whoring his new business idea, I'm going to do the same. If anyone needs their 2020 calendars upgraded to 2021 editions let me know. No brexit delays, guaranteed indigenous Irish start up. Professional two colour finish. Fiver a calendar plus postage and into a draw for a 2021 National Agrichemical Distributors year planner which will take place at the end of the year. :D

If you can get me into the 2020 National Agrichemical Distributors you have a deal..

It matches the dash and the tyres:P

540893.jpg

It's been a cold couple of mornings. I've seen that very same engine block preheater used before :D

I had to clean out the lie back in the cow shed on Saturday which involved starting 2 tractors which hadn't been started since before Christmas. Both started with little fuss but I warmed the in-take of one of them with a blow torch. The other was fitted with a high speed starter a few years ago and requires very little heat to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭josephsoap

540893.jpg

540894.jpg

Would this not be suited better in the rooter tread ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Ya mane bastard!

mayota wrote: »
    Ya mane bastard!

No choice, can't get my hands on a decent calendar anywhere and most I see online I'd be concerned they are being shipped directly from UK. So I just sat down with the three calendars in the house and guntered them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

No choice, can't get my hands on a decent calendar anywhere and most I see online I'd be concerned they are being shipped directly from UK. So I just sat down with the three calendars in the house and guntered them. :)

Get the grassmen one

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Get the grassmen one

Will have a look.

Advertisement