Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[In the Noclight] SDooM

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jeebus, they've asked you everything apart from the type of your underwear!! :eek:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ...

1) Your first guitar? ... what was it, when you got it, a present or saved for, etc.

2) Probably because it's on my mind at the moment: your memories of doing LC: good / bad / funny.

3) How is Zeus coping with your having to be back and forth to Germany?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jeebus, they've asked you everything apart from the type of your underwear!! :eek:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ...

1) Your first guitar? ... what was it, when you got it, a present or saved for, etc.

2) Probably because it's on my mind at the moment: your memories of doing LC: good / bad / funny.

3) How is Zeus coping with your having to be back and forth to Germany?

1) My first guitar was a 3/4 length encore classical acoustic. It was about 40 pounds and truly awful. It actually fell apart after a couple of years! I saved up for it. My first electric was a present of an encore black and white strat copy. 120 pounds. I'm a lefty btw so options where especially limited then!

2) Once again, I have reached a point in life where the leaving cert is becoming a rapidly receeding memory... I can barely remember any of it in particular. My fave remaining memory was of the only exam I actually enjoyed doing, which was art. I never did it in school, I just chanced my arm. The first exam was sketching and I remember getting a huge amount of detail in in a short amount of time (I was drawing alot of comics then) so much so people thought I was cheating. :) Then when I did the art history test- which I barely studied for- there was a nice question about an artist who had affected popular culture and I had just read an interesting article on H. R. Giger which I regurgitated in full!

3) Aw, not well. Apparently when I was away for the extra long period at the start, he spent all his time sitting by the window, staring out... Someone showed up in the same car as mine and he got all excited and the face on him when someone else got out was supposed to be heart breaking :(

When I get home he won't leave my side for days... seriously, he's like my shadow for the first while.

The two people I live with ( who actually legally own Zeus) take him out for walks and stuff and look after him properly but when I am at home he and I pretty much exist in a constant state of low level playing. For example if I am here typing, I will grab his ball and hide it behind the laptops screen. As he moves around to see it, I'll keep moving it so he's always on the opposite side of the screen to it. We've kind of a symbiotic relationship :)

Right guys I am probably going to be out for the rest of the day.

If any passing mod could lock this thread at 9pm tonight, I will answer any questions that are there for me and then kick off the next one.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

have you always had an interest in irish/mythology? (question based on your drawings).

why do you think it is that you have such an interest on the gothic side of what this forum could have been? (man, i suck at phrasing stuff).

did you have a dog before zeus? if so what was s/he like?

1- have you always had an interest in irish/mythology? (question based on your drawings).

2- why do you think it is that you have such an interest on the gothic side of what this forum could have been? (man, i suck at phrasing stuff).

3- did you have a dog before zeus? if so what was s/he like?

1- Yes, ever since I was a small child. One of other cherished childhood memories which ties the two together is when a teacher asked us in primary to draw a picture based on Irish Mythology. Other people did pictures of the book of kells or whatever, I, drunk on comic books, drew a pitched battle with the red branch knights, blood and all. I believe CuChulainn was head butting someone. The teacher took one look and told me quietly I should show my parents it. They thought it was great. :D

2- At heart I am, and will always be, a goth romantic.

3- Yes, a small mad as a brush cross breed called Krusty. In all my years I have never met a more insane dog. Also an ex had an ooooold Golden Retriever called Sam who I effectively adopted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Is it really true that you have the world wide rights to the word "Doom" TM?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

pickled food stuffs.... yay or nay?

Is it really true that you have the world wide rights to the word "Doom" TM?

It's a lie I'm afraid.

I have the universe wide rights.

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    pickled food stuffs.... yay or nay?

Nay in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Hmmmmmmmmmmm ...

Hmmmm.

Boxers or briefs?

Nah, in a slightly out there way - men's sartorial elegance - thoughts?

Are you generally a suit and tie man?

Do you place much importance on what people wear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

its hallowe'en and your about to go to a batman themed party, which villain do you go as?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

SDooM wrote: »
    Right guys I am probably going to be out for the rest of the day.

If any passing mod could lock this thread at 9pm tonight, I will answer any questions that are there for me and then kick off the next one.

Thanks!
    And our thanks to SDooM ...

Hmmmm.

1-Boxers or briefs?

2- Nah, in a slightly out there way - men's sartorial elegance - thoughts?

3- Are you generally a suit and tie man?

4- Do you place much importance on what people wear?

1-Boxers all the way.

2- I have a bizarre relationship with "sartorial elegance" as you put it. As I lose weight, I tend to dress better, I guess because I feel better about myself. I'd never go metro though. Sign of the self obsessed to me.

3- I would often be spotted in a shirt, slacks and suit jacket, but no tie.

4- Not at all, unless they are wearing something I consider an "idiot filter", such as wearing shades in a nightclub to look cool, etc.

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    its hallowe'en and your about to go to a batman themed party, which villain do you go as?

The Gentleman Ghost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement