Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[In the Noclight] SDooM

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Overheal wrote: »
    What does the S stand for? Are you like Ultimate Doom, only instead like, youre Sasquach Doom? Does a sasquach eat lots of bamboo? All my bamboo is gone.

While for reasons which are no doubt obvious to you I wish it were the Ultimate Doom, it has nothing to do with that or the Five Servoes of Doom. It is simply an amalgamation of two important things to me- Dr Doom, and my band, SDM (thus the capitalisation).

Sasquatch survives on love, which it knows is real.

1-when do you imagin SDM's next gig to be?

2= would you be annoyed if i kept calling the band sonic death monkey?

3- how old is zeus now?

4- how many tranformers toys do you have?

5- can i have some?

1- we hope to play one in August/ September. My German odeyssysysyey is wreaking havoc. :(

2- Not really. the whole point to it having no actual meaning is so people will come up with their own!

3- Little Zoomer's three now.

4- I would say 25- 30. I have very strict rules about buying the toys which prevent me from wasting ALL my money on them.

5- I may buy you one when I am abroad next as I have promised some to Seany boy anyway.

koth wrote: »
    1. What's your best tip for avoiding the flamey cancer ball. I'm stuck with day walkers in a very hot country.

2. If you could only listen to one album ever, what would it be?

3. Can you speak any foreign languages?? Are there any you wish you could speak??

1. Hot countries tend to have canopies and sunbrellas. Great for cancer ball avoidance. also try to get the daywalkers into pubs early so they miss the daylight hours.

2. Master of Puppets by Metallica. Musical perfection. Orion is one of the best pieces of music ever made IMO.

3. I have poor but functional French, a lil Irish, and bizarrely enough a smattering of latin. for obvious reasons I'd love some German right about now.

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    I heard somewhere you can walk on water..... is this true?
    and will you chance it anyways at the next beers? :P

When it rains, I often walk upon a thin layer of water yes. If you spill some beer on the floor at the next beers I will certainly try to walk across some fluid, if thats good enough.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Why haven't you strangled me at a beers yet for the stuff I've done? :D

Because, no offence, you're relitively calm compared to some of the stuff I put up with. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

hoi dommy!

what's you fav motovational poster you made??

AND

what you fav home appliance?? seeing as yo mod the fourm and all ! :P

oh

AND

which to you prefer , tayto chesse and onion , or Kings chesse and onion??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

SDooM wrote: »
    5- I may buy you one when I am abroad next as I have promised some to Seany boy anyway.

you are a legend!! :D

who is your favourite comedian?!

what playstation 3 games do you have?

metallica or iron maiden?

emo!! wrote: »
    hoi dommy!

1) what's you fav motovational poster you made??

AND

2- what you fav home appliance?? seeing as yo mod the fourm and all ! :P

oh

AND

3 which to you prefer , tayto chesse and onion , or Kings chesse and onion??

hmmm.. As a picture:

destiny.jpg

As a clever conceit:

rainbow.jpg

The one which made me laugh most making it:

bicurious.jpg

I also have a soft spot for this one as the end of a "story"

ext.jpg

2- Technically a bathroom appliance, but I was known as the go to guy for high quality electric razors. Irony being I had a beard the whole time I was working with them.

Strictly kitchen? Dyson Vacuum cleaners. If only more things where made to such quality.

3- King. Rock my world.

you are a legend!! :D

1) who is your favourite comedian?!

2) what playstation 3 games do you have?

metallica or iron maiden?

Bill Bailey has probably made me laugh more than anyone else in this world.

Off my head, Street Fighter 4, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Resistance 1 and 2, Orange Box, Burnout, Warhawk, Devil May Cry 4, Folklore, Motorstorm, and Ratchet and Clank stand out.

3) Soooo hard to choose as they are both the defining bands of my adolescence but I would have to say, as a musician, that Metallica are the larger influence. IM have more quality albums but nothing touches Ride the Lightning/ Master of Puppets.

Bill Bailey has probably made me laugh more than anyone else in this world.

great choice!
    Off my head, Street Fighter 4, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Resistance 1 and 2, Orange Box, Burnout, Warhawk, Devil May Cry 4, Folklore, Motorstorm, and Ratchet and Clank stand out.

hmmm from that list i only have sf4...i was gonna offer you an online game but you would destroy me so i think not! :p
    3) Soooo hard to choose as they are both the defining bands of my adolescence but I would have to say, as a musician, that Metallica are the larger influence. nothing touches Ride the Lightning/ Master of Puppets.

yusssss

galvasean - 1
    grames bond - 1

are you going to make it to my gig on sunday?

(its the semi final of a stand up comedy competition)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Which would win in a fight. A polar bear or a great white shark in shallow water?
    In your reply i would like a short synopsis of the situation, reason for choosing your victor taking into account the environment each is in and phases of the moon.
    Also note that both are males and very very angry, the bear slagged the shark's mother claiming he slept with her, which we all know is a lie. The shark ate the bears son however the bear is not very faithful to his wife and has been sluttin around so has many sons and daughters by many female bears. It's gonna be ugly. Points awarded for frivolous brutality and reasoned argument. Points deducted for being a douche (which you aren't)

great choice!

hmmm from that list i only have sf4...i was gonna offer you an online game but you would destroy me so i think not! :p

yusssss

galvasean - 1
    grames bond - 1

are you going to make it to my gig on sunday?

(its the semi final of a stand up comedy competition)

Sunday night is band rehearsal night dude. Sorry.

Will wrote: »
    Which would win in a fight. A polar bear or a great white shark in shallow water?
    In your reply i would like a short synopsis of the situation, reason for choosing your victor taking into account the environment each is in and phases of the moon.
    Also note that both are males and very very angry, the bear slagged the shark's mother claiming he slept with her, which we all know is a lie. The shark ate the bears son however the bear is not very faithful to his wife and has been sluttin around so has many sons and daughters by many female bears. It's gonna be ugly. Points awarded for frivolous brutality and reasoned argument. Points deducted for being a douche (which you aren't)

Great White.

I am assuming the Great white has enough room to maneuver. If so his dermal denticles will rip through the layers of flesh on the bear which will cause blood loss, while also allowing protection to the shark. In the water, the shark's cartilaginous skeleton will also give it a huge agility advantage.

The initial strikes with the dermal denticles will drive the shark into a blood frenzy mixed with the desire to defend one's mother's honour. Then it's jaw versus jaw. It's close, but GW takes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

What's your name? (joking ^_^)
    Your age?
    How do you feel right now?
    Hugz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Do you know what the Jazz is all about?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

What tribe would you play as in Werewolf: The Apocalypse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

If this has been asked already 'pologies :)

If you had a time machine and could change one event in history (a) would you, and (b) what would it be?

1- What's your name? (joking ^_^)
    2- Your age?
    3- How do you feel right now?
    4- Hugz?

1- The DooM.

2- 29

3- I'm alot better than lately, thank you. Think I just needed some time at home :)

4- THE DOOM DOES NOT DO HUGS!!!!

Oh go on then. :)

Do you know what the Jazz is all about?

Brain damage.

What tribe would you play as in Werewolf: The Apocalypse?

Fianna.

Not just for the obvious reasons, I find their gifts are a good balance between story enabling and combat. Also they're relatively friendly and one weakness to Werewolf is that most of the tribes can be restrictive to poor players (GRR!!! I hateZ the menz!!! GRR!!! I must rush headlong into any fight I see!!! GRRR!!! Don't hurt the homeless) and it's easy for them to be very disruptive to a pack. If you play Silver Fang or shadow lord people have expectations of you trying to control everyone. Thus, Fianna.

• Advertisement

paperclip2 wrote: »
    If this has been asked already 'pologies :)

If you had a time machine and could change one event in history (a) would you, and (b) what would it be?

(a) I would like to say no. There's no garuantee things will work out for the better. Still, would I be able to resist trying?

(b) Stop Adolf before he started.

why do birds suddently appear, every time you are near?

favourite movie? (excluding anything TF related)

If there was an afterlife and you could take one thing/person/object/etc with you, what would it be?

when the noc forum started did you really think it would grow as huge as it has become?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Which is more adorable - a basket full of puppies, or one full of kittens?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If you could have written any famous/popular/reasonably well known song, what would it be and why?

Have you ever considered doing more art/comics? You do have a good talent for that style of drawing.

What feature would you like to see added or removed from boards most? :D

1- why do birds suddently appear, every time you are near?

2- favourite movie? (excluding anything TF related)

3- If there was an afterlife and you could take one thing/person/object/etc with you, what would it be?

4- when the noc forum started did you really think it would grow as huge as it has become?

1- I have a super power with attracts and mentally controls all avian life.

2- It's a guilty pleasure but Mallrats is probably the film I've watched and love the most, even though it's clearly not the "best" (prob the Shawshank redemption... love that film).

3- My sense of humour... it'd be fun being a mishievous ghost.

4- I had no idea at all. I always thought the Noc would be BGRH's/tLL's little awkward goth brother in the corner...

Which is more adorable - a basket full of puppies, or one full of kittens?

You ask the keeper of Zeus this?

Puppies every time. Although kittens are very cute and great tiime waisters to watch, they unfortunately grow up to be cats, whereas dogs are always cool.

are you posting on boards using your phone right now?

you said the "play" would be BGRH's goth bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

When it rains, I often walk upon a thin layer of water yes. If you spill some beer on the floor at the next beers I will certainly try to walk across some fluid, if thats good enough.
    spilling a beer?! sacrilige!
    dream car?
    what would you do with 1,000,000 euro?

Kharn wrote: »
    1) If you could have written any famous/popular/reasonably well known song, what would it be and why?

2) Have you ever considered doing more art/comics? You do have a good talent for that style of drawing.

3) What feature would you like to see added or removed from boards most? :D

1) Bohemian Rhapsody. c'mon, it's freaking bohemian rhapsody. A work of musical genius AND insanely popular.

2) All the time. Seriously, all the time. I would love to be creating something on a permanent basis when college finally ends but I have had many offers over the years for people to do the other work- promotion, story writing, inking, backgrounds, typo, et al- but no one ever gets past the dreaming stage.

3) I'd love for warnings to be percieved by users as what they are- a friendly word of advice from the local mod- but conversely for infractions to have more weight to differentiate the two. I think that would save ALOT of misunderstandings.

As a user I would love a kind of plug n play feel to the front page where I decide what pops up when I log onto Boards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1. Scooby or Snoopy?

2. Bugs or Daffy?

3. If you could cameo on any tv show, what show would it be?

If you can read this, you're too close!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement