Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[In the Noclight] SDooM

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

shellyboo wrote: »
    1- Can I have a hug?

2- You play the guitar - did you have lessons or are you a natural?

3- What's your favourite indulgence?

4- Tell me something surprising about you.

5- What size shoe do you wear?

6- Seaside or countryside?

7- Tell me something that makes you happy.

1- THE DOOM DOES NOT DO HUGS!!!!

Ok, go on.

2- I had 2 or 3 lessons at the start and then went my own way so 50/50 I guess.

3- Kicking my feet up with an RPG after a late shift when all is quiet for a mammoth 8 hour session where I stop only to scavenge food and drink.

4- My vocal range goes ridiculously high for an adult male. Unfortunately, I can't sing for crap so any bebefits from this are negated.

5- 9.5- 10.

6- Countryside, all the way.

7- A doggy making a big fuss about me when I walk in to a house.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    1. Do you feel anyone has been knocked out before their time in Deadly Alliance?

2. Who will win?

3. Next tournament, fantasy draft ala Soccer and Pro Wrestling. Yay or nay?

1. Not really. I feel this has been the best "fought" tournament of all so far. Batman could of gone further but he was unlucky running into someone who logically had him beat early on.

2. I've not checked since last night but I reckon Super-pred will (I think Prime might be the only one left who can logically stop Superman- one blast from the Matrix and it's all over for Supes.)

3. No. Too complicated. Seperate it into divisions so people can drop in and vote.

Ciao ^_^

1. Favourite place in Ireland?

2. Do u prefere morning or evening?

3. Can u pick a favourite song ever?

4. I would feel strange answering these random questions, do you? :)

1. Probably Howth head. St. Annes a close second.

2. Twilight so evening. I enjoy watching the cancer ball die.

3. Orion by Metallica. Martha's Harbour by All about eve a close second.

4. Not really, it's making me think about the things that make me me and it's turning out that I'm pretty happy being me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

If you had your pick of 5 forums to mod or create what would they be :)

Nerin wrote: »
    If you had your pick of 5 forums to mod or create what would they be :)

1- Create the hosted Amatuer artists forum
    2- Give Me Doctor Who
    3- Give Me Transformers
    4- WANT toys if it ever gets made
    5- I hear the Nocturnal forum is a fun place to mod :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

If you could get rid of one forum on Boards, which would you pick?

shellyboo wrote: »
    If you could get rid of one forum on Boards, which would you pick?

Soccer is a forum which I simply could not care less about and seems to create a crapload of work for several thoughtful and commited moderators.

I think some users of that forum could do with realising it could just all be taken away tomorrow. I wouldn't even notice it's gone though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

- Why is it lashing?

- Why the one day I have plans do my siblings also have plans and my parents are in wexford so one of us has to cancel (and I can't really)?

- If you could be any plant what would you be and why?

- Do you like meerkats?

- What colour socks have you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

1. Does the DooM have any interests that might surprise people who know you? :pac:

2. Any specific area of academia that you would like to study that you haven't yet?

star-pants wrote: »
    - 1- Why is it lashing?

2- Why the one day I have plans do my siblings also have plans and my parents are in wexford so one of us has to cancel (and I can't really)?

3 - If you could be any plant what would you be and why?

4 - Do you like meerkats?

5- What colour socks have you on?

1- Because someone has to show the cancer ball who's boss.

2- Because Murphys law sucks.

3- I think I would be a lily or a moonflower so the goth grrlz would lurve me.

4- Absolutely. Flower will forever be in my heart!

5- Black as my shrivelled soul.

• Advertisement

1. Does the DooM have any interests that might surprise people who know you? :pac:

2. Any specific area of academia that you would like to study that you haven't yet?

1. I used to spend alot of time watching plays, to the point where many of the staff in the Gate still nod when I make the occasional visit.

2. I would love so much to explore my ability to draw properly. I sometimes regret going down the sciencey route.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Apart from optimus prime, who is your childhood hero?

T or A?

Tea or Coffee? :p

How did you manage to teach yourself how to play the guitar afte only 3 lessons?

1) Apart from optimus prime, who is your childhood hero?

2) T or A?

3) Tea or Coffee? :p

4) How did you manage to teach yourself how to play the guitar afte only 3 lessons?

1) Robin the hooded man (the ITV version from the eighties). I loved the world he existed in and I loved what he represented in it.

2) A every time. Althugh T is also nice.

3) The DooM doesn't like any hot drinks.

4) Remember how I mentioned I can have boundless, obsessive enthusiasm?

I bought loads of tab books and magazines and played along with songs on my first cd player. Then as with every kid, I joined 753 bands in secondary school. That's when you really learn how to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

SDooM wrote: »
    3- I think I would be a lily or a moonflower so the goth grrlz would lurve me.

Oh! :p I have the confirm I am kinda goth now...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Not wanting to drag this into a negative space but:

How do you think the Noc is regarded by the wider Boards community?

What about the users who've been around here for a long time?

Do you care?

Do you think Kharn's involvement lent it/lends it some credibility?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Not wanting to drag this into a negative space but:

1- How do you think the Noc is regarded by the wider Boards community?

2-What about the users who've been around here for a long time?

3- Do you care?

4- Do you think Kharn's involvement lent it/lends it some credibility?

1- There's a 50-50 split from what I see. Some people see it as the pinnicle of the social forums which they absolutely hate and it comes in for some derision from them. I have seen some of it. It seems some people think it'll RUIN BOARDZ 4EVAR!!!

Other people see it as what it is, a slight change in the way a corner of Boards does business. I mean, I mod 2 of the old skewl styled Boards, and it's business as usual. Some people just hate change I guess.

2- Do you mean around the Noc or Boards?

3- Not in the slightest- anymore. I have been a mod long enough and have given enough of my time to Boards to have a certain amount of confidence in my choices and decisions. I'll listen to what people have to say but respect is earned, as with all things. If anyone- mod, user, new or old- makes a good, logical argument about how things should be I will listen and take it on board.

4- At several times, yes. No point in denying it! I do think myself, Orestes and Nerin going on to mod such diverse forums and not burning the place down helped too.

**** it I'll bite;

1. I know you have already said you wished that there were more goth orientated threads, but how do you genuinely feel about the forum?

2. What do you think we can do to improve the forum? Or do you even think it needs improving?

3. Do you think it's too late to see your vision of the Nocturnal Forum come to fruition or do you believe it is still possible?

2- Do you mean around the Noc or Boards?

Around Boards. As in, if there were two people - one a more experienced Boards user, the other a Boards member for a year or two, both of whom don't use the Noc - do you think the more experienced user would be less tolerant? If so, is it just because people don't like change?

**** it I'll bite;

1. I know you have already said you wished that there were more goth orientated threads, but do you genuinely feel about the forum?

2. What do you think we can do to improve the forum? Or do you even think it needs improving?

3. Do you think it's too late to see your vision of the Nocturnal Forum come to fruition or do you believe it is still possible?

1. Seriously, I genuinely love the forum the way it is. I wouldn't put the hours in I do otherwise :)

2. I am not sure "my vision" as you put it would make the forum a more fun place to be. I am not sure it would improve the place. It's a quality place to be IMO.

3. TBH I could 'force' the Noc into a Gothturnal forum tomorrow if I could convince the other mods to do it. Here's the thing: It wouldn't be right and none of us want it.

I mean if I really wanted to I could just ask for a gothy sub forum. There's ways to match the "vision" I had: I just am not not convinced it'd make anything better for anyone at all.

At it is I am happy enough with the social side and the occasional cultural thread.

Around Boards. As in, if there were two people - one a more experienced Boards user, the other a Boards member for a year or two, both of whom don't use the Noc - do you think the more experienced user would be less tolerant? If so, is it just because people don't like change?

Nope. You can't stereotype like that. This forum's got alot of support from long term users.

There ARE some people who don't like change, but they're in the minority tbh.

• Advertisement

Nope. You can't stereotype like that. This forum's got alot of support from long term users.

There ARE some people who don't like change, but they're in the minority tbh.

Well that's good to hear. It was put in my head when I saw one particular long-term user who seemed to look down on the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Whats your vehicle form?

Overheal wrote: »
    Whats your vehicle form?

flaming_mustang_front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Whew. I'm way cooler

Arwing2.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Do you think Kharn's involvement lent it/lends it some credibility?

I gotta admit, I actually lol'd in the office earlier when I saw that - I don't mean that in a derisory way - the thought of me giving sway or credibility to *anything* is still something I find hard to believe :)

Kharn wrote: »
    I gotta admit, I actually lol'd in the office earlier when I saw that - I don't mean that in a derisory way - the thought of me giving sway or credibility to *anything* is still something I find hard to believe :)

Breaking out of the "only posting to reply to a question" thing for a second, if I recall correctly the forum got out of development hell due to your good self.

NOW RETURN TO ZEE QUESTION/ANSWERS!!!

1. Favourite superhero (limiting to Marvel and DC)?

2. Favourite supervillain (as above)?

3. Favourite storyline arc in a comic (no DC/Marvel limits, anything you want)?

1. Favourite superhero (limiting to Marvel and DC)?

2. Favourite supervillain (as above)?

3. Favourite storyline arc in a comic (no DC/Marvel limits, anything you want)?

1. Scarlet Witch. Green Arrow is runner up (Denny O Neil tried, Kevin Smith succeeded.)

ScarWitchTall.gif

321px-Scarlet_Witch_031.jpg

2. *Looks at name, looks at question, looks at name*

I'll give you a clue, it's not Professor Doom. :)

3. Civil War, while having some poor moments, ressurected the old comic book tradition of dealing with serious topical issues while hiding them behind "it's a comic, it doesn't matter".

As a kid, Time Wars ROCKED my world.

2. *Looks at name, looks at question, looks at name*

I'll give you a clue, it's not Professor Doom. :)

D'oh.:o I always thought that was just something related to your band.
    3. Civil War, while having some poor moments, ressurected the old comic book tradition of dealing with serious topical issues while hiding them behind "it's a comic, it doesn't matter".

No way!:eek: I'm reading it right now.
    Finally I have a reason to hate Reed Richards.:D

Here's a hard one for ya;

1. If the Doom created a superhero, what would be his/her name, and what would his/her powers and abilities be?

• Advertisement

D'oh.:o I always thought that was just something related to your band.

No way!:eek: I'm reading it right now.
    Finally I have a reason to hate Reed Richards.:D

Here's a hard one for ya;

1. If the Doom created a superhero, what would be his/her name, and what would his/her powers and abilities be?

I'd pick something deliberately generic- Like John Smith or Agent Johnson- and the character would be a living embodiment of the Gaia Theory, empowered to stop anything which threatens the continued existence of the ecosphere. His powers would be perversions of these threats ( control of heat = greenhouse effect, etc.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement