Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Accounting....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

Job costing are by far the easiest/quickest q8.

Manufacturing hopefully.

Incomplete better come up or il cry(does studyin the non backwards prepare you for backwards)

service/ tabular are a big chance 2

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

(does studyin the non backwards prepare you for backwards)

There is a lot more workings in the non backwards version but I say it would help a bit.Just make sure you know about the little differences like how you find out Net Profit and Cost of Sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

.:FuZion:. wrote: »
    Club came up last year Q.3....
    Oh yeah! But they haven't come up as a 100 mark in a while so this could be the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

Dman001 wrote: »
    Oh yeah! But they haven't come up as a 100 mark in a while so this could be the year.

Yeah 2004 was the last time. But they would be seriously nasty to repeat a Club / Service ( even Farm ) question as they have always alternated. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

The SEC is determined to break patterns in all exam subjects so I wouldn't rely too heavily on predictions.... That said if Manufacturing accounts don't come up I WILL cry lol :o

• Advertisement

The SEC is determined to break patterns in all exam subjects so I wouldn't rely too heavily on predictions.... That said if Manufacturing accounts don't come up I WILL cry lol :o

Well that said, English Paper 2 ( The first one lol ) was predicted down to a T. So lets hope they aint changing anything this year. :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Lol that's true. However in Accounting, the paper was always easily predictable until last year when the Chief Examiner went a bit mad and threw anything down onto the exam :P

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭AJ6000

The Cheif Examinor changed last year. It was the same guy for like 20 years or something and he retired last year and some new woman took over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

AJ6000 wrote: »
    The Cheif Examinor changed last year. It was the same guy for like 20 years or something and he retired last year and some new woman took over
    is it a different person making the paper this yeaer again? i think i remember hearing that or somebody sayin that
    anyone wanna clarify that

If there is, **** flaps/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

It could work out beneficial in that there'll be no ratios and increased choice in section 2. As a matter of curiosity, has everybody studied question 1? We never did it, based on the fact that it's very long and that it would be better if we learned every other type of question which would cover us for the first two sections. We never did costing either, apart from marginal costing which is piss easy so I hope that comes up on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Doubt that lad retired, say e was sacked from the joke of a paper he did last year! Hopefully this lady will be nice in her first year. If not, accounting will definitely lose its popularity as a subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 happyhappyhappy

Accounting is popular???

Accounting is popular???
    not really about 7000 people doin it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 happyhappyhappy

galway.gaa wrote: »
    not really about 7000 people doin it

Thought that...horrible subject

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Accounting is popular???

Over 7000 people doin it.. But if it becomes known for bein a dodgey subject it wont be that high in a few years

Thought that...horrible subject
    ya right. its a lovely subject if your into that kinda thing. id deffinatly recommend it. deffinatly no regrets pickin it

Lol that's true. However in Accounting, the paper was always easily predictable until last year when the Chief Examiner went a bit mad and threw anything down onto the exam :P

Lol yeah it was a horrible paper. :p But saying that, I have a little check list of what has come up over the years, and without knowing what was on 2008, I predicted most of the paper. Minus a few 60's instead of 100's and stuff like that. I better do the same again for monday. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

hold on you mean ratios are not a dead cert this year!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

hold on you mean ratios are not a dead cert this year!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Where did you get that from? :p But eh, nowhere in the syllabus does it say that Ratios are definatly coming up. They could mix it up this year. I hope they do because I hate them lol. But saying that, they will more than likely come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 needacchelp

hey guys, i was just wondering, what is everyone using for the percentage return on risk-free investments this year?

In the marking scheme for last year they said 5%, but with the recession i'd say it'll have gone down.

I can't remember what my teacher said about it and I accidentally left my old accounting copies in my locker too long and I think they've all been cleared out.

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

hey guys, i was just wondering, what is everyone using for the percentage return on risk-free investments this year?

In the marking scheme for last year they said 5%, but with the recession i'd say it'll have gone down.

I can't remember what my teacher said about it and I accidentally left my old accounting copies in my locker too long and I think they've all been cleared out.

Thanks in advance!

its 1%around this yr ...it was 1%in may anyway... =O yea, very low
    anything above 1% ,2%would be good..

thanks candy!
    I'll put down 1-2% so, just to give a bit of margin for error or whatever you call it.

If I get good results in august you can expect a massive fruit basket!

only not really cause I'll be going to college soon after and will need all my money...

but i'll think about sending a fruit basket

What question is this in relation to?

Ratios and interpretation of accounts.

You usually have to compare the company's profits to the return you could expect from a risk-free investment.

If the company's percentage profit isn't higher than the return on risk-free investments then there isn't much point in the company, the owners should just put their money into something else and save themselves the hassle of running a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I'm hoping it's gonna be predictable this year.

I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 surprises, but it should be easier than last years.

I heard that they had to change the marking scheme 5 times last year. Can anyone confirm this?
    Either way, they won't want a repeat of having to correct each paper 2-3 times in order to match the bell curve.

I think that it'll be;

Manufacturing
    Dep, Tabs...with either Farm or Control AC's

Ratios
    Service (or Tabs if not a 60mark Q)
    Incomplete Type B

Job Costing
    Cash Budgeting (might be mixed with something, maybe?)

anyone think the same?

blue-army wrote: »
    I think that it'll be;

Manufacturing
    Dep, Tabs...with either Farm or Control AC's

Ratios
    Service (or Tabs if not a 60mark Q)
    Incomplete Type B

Job Costing
    Cash Budgeting (might be mixed with something, maybe?)

anyone think the same?

Dep, Tabs, Service.
    Ratios, Published, Incompletes.
    Any of these could come up in 60 / 100 form thou.

Then I hope Absorption costing.
    And yeah, cash / flexible budgeting.

Oh, ratios, never mind then.:pac:

Risteard wrote: »
    Oh, ratios, never mind then.:pac:
    are you not coverin ratios either? i thought i was the only one:pac:

• Advertisement

galway.gaa wrote: »
    are you not coverin ratios either? i thought i was the only one:pac:

I'll look over the ratios themselves the night before strictly as a back up but they are a last resort. Unless I feel that I'm truly ****ed with the other questions I won't do it. It's the commenting on them where I lose all my marks.

Advertisement