Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Accounting....

Options
  • 10-06-2009 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Any tips on what to look over??

I'm rubbish at it!
    But no way am I dropping to OL

Help??

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Manufacturing a/c for Q1 (it comes up every 4 years)

Possibly tabular statements, published accounts and ratio analysis for section 2 (If you know your ratios inside out and arsewards you can eliminate one of the other questions)

Section 3 - you can't really leave anything out as they stick different bits of questions together here. So know the 3 types of budgets, production costing, absorption costing, all that jazz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 happyhappyhappy

I'm banking on manufacturing to come up

Ugh yuck was hoping for easy ones in section 2 maybe an
    incomplete or a service!

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

Section 1
    depreciation
    tabular statements

Section2
    incomplete records (balance sheet method)
    service firm
    ratios obviously but i don't like them

Section 3
    Cash Budgeting

I would be DEEEELIIIGHTED if these questions came up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

manufacturing

ratios
    published
    incomplete
    service/club

cash budgeting
    absorption costing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

i think it will be fairly predictable after last year (hopefully)

manufacturing

incomplete (BS)
    Published

job costing

Q 1 ive just prepared manufacturing and Q8 ia fairly handy just know the theory. For section 2 i have incomplete, published, service/club and tabs prepared just in case. if they repeat any of the qs from last year i am well and truely f**ked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

I'd be saying
    manufacturing

(these are all possible for section 2)
    ratios
    published accounts
    incomplete type b
    service firm

Cash budget or flexi is due but its too easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Manufacturing a/c for Q1 (it comes up every 4 years)

Possibly tabular statements, published accounts and ratio analysis for section 2 (If you know your ratios inside out and arsewards you can eliminate one of the other questions)

Section 3 - you can't really leave anything out as they stick different bits of questions together here. So know the 3 types of budgets, production costing, absorption costing, all that jazz

Not necessarily, its been up in 01 and 05 but thats no real indication, they were expecting it last year apparently...:o

For the Q1s, id definately know company accounts just in case...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I'm just gonna study Manufacturing A/C's, Ratio's, Incomplete (BS Method) and some sort of Budgeting/Costing Question.

And pray to God they come up :D

I'm just gonna study Manufacturing A/C's, Ratio's, Incomplete (BS Method) and some sort of Budgeting/Costing Question.

And pray to God they come up :D

Thats my ideal paper :D Cmon flexible budgeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Too right :D

Ehm, as I suck at the Manufacturing a/c's, is it true that if I make a mistake, and the rest of the a/c goes wrong but I do finish the a/c... Do I only get the one mark against me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

dep /revaluation
    published a/c
    or farm a/c

ratio
    incomplete records (backwards)

tabular or services could come up as 60 or 100

cash budget

but like my teacher said they are trying to make accounting less predicable
    they changed it completely last yr..she told us not to take chances
    she thinks the paper we think is gonna come up is FAR TOO EASY

she said there is nothing stop them from throwing control or suspense

i am gonna be screwed if they do

i know. flexible came up last yr in Q8 though

Too right :D

Ehm, as I suck at the Manufacturing a/c's, is it true that if I make a mistake, and the rest of the a/c goes wrong but I do finish the a/c... Do I only get the one mark against me?

Ya, afaik, say you do a working for purchases, and the working is worth 6 marks. You lose some of those 6 marks (depending on how right the working is) when you put in the wrong figure into the manufacturing ac. Then even tho you end up with the wrong final figure you'll have got all the other possible marks for every other bit :D

~Candy~ wrote: »
    i know. flexible came up last yr in Q8 though

Ya, they better not stick a costing q into q9, or im dead! :p

Ya, they better not stick a costing q into q9, or im dead! :p

thats what i am worrying about too..

i am good enough at the budgets..i don't know would they throw any costing with it..like am not preparing for the costing Q..:(

but you see cash budget usually takes time..where as Q8 takes away less time ( i think) so i don't think they would do that..

I dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 happyhappyhappy

Being honest
    I'm royally f*cked anyway

Accounting is poo
    Too hard
    Can't do it!
    Haven't even glanced at theory :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stylee

What all theory are yous going to learn:O auditor and stuff? i havent a clue...im dreading acc so much.. im terrible at it

stylee wrote: »
    What all theory are yous going to learn:O auditor and stuff? i havent a clue...im dreading acc so much.. im terrible at it

Well for the qs im doing:
    Advice for someone with an incomplete record
    Reasons for using a budget/advantages
    Whats a cash budget/capital budget/master budget
    Accounting concepts

There are more, ill post them here again, its been awhile since ive looked at accountancy stuff :o

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Manufacturing,Service Firm,Incomplete Type B and Cash Budgeting would be my ideal paper.I should probably try and learn the formulas for the ratio question though.I really don't like that question but it is guranteed to come up.For theory,definitely learn the advice to give someone who doesn't prepare their accounts fully (that is,do your acounts properly ,you idiot) and the benefits of cash budgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Alot are saying Service AC but Club hasn't come up in a while.

• Advertisement

Dman001 wrote: »

There both fairly similar so that wouldn't be too much of a problem.I just hope manufacturing does come up,I cant do the other two types for the life of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stylee

:) thanks, am soo scared about accountancy. really want a manufacturing acc to come up because i studied for that dont like published acc's because you have to learn the whole format and everything off:( god, im a disgrace. atleast we all have a bit of time left to study for it still, right?? :(:(:(
    Well for the qs im doing:
    Advice for someone with an incomplete record
    Reasons for using a budget/advantages
    Whats a cash budget/capital budget/master budget
    Accounting concepts

There are more, ill post them here again, its been awhile since ive looked at accountancy stuff :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Im hoping for..
    Not doin Q1
    Farm a/c
    Depr/rev a/c
    Tab statement
    Ratios
    Service
    Incomplete A or B
    Job costing.

If that paper comes up i will be unbelievably happy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

What are you all planning to do with your workings in accounting?

are u going to do them all in the back of the booklet you are given or will you ask for a spare booklet to do them in?

Personally I think I'll get the spare booklet as I find it a real pain to have to be flickin pages to find the workings. Much easier when they are just there beside you.

Always do my workings in the answer booklet I'm given before each question.I don't find flicking back to be annoying.For me,it would be worse to have several answer books on the go all over the desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Can you get an extra booklet? Oh meant to ask this too.. Do we get tab statement sheets? They take ages to do out.

JW91 wrote: »
    What are you all planning to do with your workings in accounting?

are u going to do them all in the back of the booklet you are given or will you ask for a spare booklet to do them in?

Personally I think I'll get the spare booklet as I find it a real pain to have to be flickin pages to find the workings. Much easier when they are just there beside you.

I havent really thought about it, did anyone have the proper LC booklets (or something like them) for the mocks? Our teacher got us the Junior Cert ones to use, so i dont even know how the booklets gunna be laid out...
    I was planning on just keeping them on the regular pages on the booklet, i always do all the workings first, so there wouldnt be too much flicking back, just to transfer the answer over..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

Ya i suppose if I just do all the workings first then I won't have to do too much flicking back and forth.

Another thing I wanted to ask: Is it ok to use initials instead of writing out the entire words?

For example is it ok to write O.S. instead of Opening Stock? Or L+H instead of Light and Heat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

Dman001 wrote: »

Club came up last year Q.3....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 card

can anyone plz help me with the very lst part of pr2007 q3 on revaluation reserve i checked examinations .ie but still cant get it:mad: i just cnt get the 06 entry:confused:

Advertisement