Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Aftermath

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Teacher 28 wrote: »
    Q3 on International Trade

part C:

A business involved in global markets faces additional marketing challenges -
    Discuss these challenges.

No the Marketing Challenges wasn't in the Marketing Q, sorry for panicking u!!! :)

aww thanks :D...
    Reilly616 wrote: »
    I also found that I had to look harder for the skills/activities than in previous 1,2,3 ABQ's.

i know yea..

i wrote down

risk-taker
    confident
    identify opportunities
    and resilient / future focused but like i couldn't really back myself up so i started went around the story saying on he didn't give up and think their would be increase in demand which i doubt is even right

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

my hand was throbbing after and i only got about halfway to the booklet.

i think i did quite well,at least a c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

For quality control I said that quality checks could have found the problems in the goods before they were sent out etc. etc.
    Mr.S wrote: »
    "A number of customers have recently returned solar panels, as a result of damage caused while in storage in the warehouse or in transit."

That was the reference i used for the quality one.

Talked about having quality checks to insure that broken products aren't sent out/use a more secure way to transport so they don't break in transit.

You could have written about finical planning though:)

ahhh,,,,yea!!!! just remembered it now , dang it ...lol, i didn' t think of it at all ....hope i d get the mark for financial plan although my backup was crap :O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

~Candy~ wrote: »

i know yea..

i wrote down

risk-taker
    confident
    identify opportunities
    and resilient / future focused but like i couldn't really back myself up so i started went around the story saying on he didn't give up and think their would be increase in demand which i doubt is even right

I said

Risk-taker
    Confident
    Identify opportunities
    Decision making {when he took the decision to cut the pay, as it was what he thought had to be done}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DUDE!

Ya the skills characteristics were a little harder to find i felt too..but once u make up something they give u it I think..i said innovative,risk-taker,reliable and something else i cant remeber..
    I got about 15 pages in too..but my hand is not wrecked, that was merely a warm up for history tommorrow!!:)

• Advertisement

DUDE! wrote: »
    Ya the skills characteristics were a little harder to find i felt too..but once u make up something they give u it I think..i said innovative,risk-taker,reliable and something else i cant remeber..
    I got about 15 pages in too..but my hand is not wrecked, that was merely a warm up for history tommorrow!!:)

I would absolutely hate that. I'd say they're the two worst. Imagine both in the same day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Irish paper 2 killed me before Business.
    Was in there for the full 3:20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 U MAD

HAPPY WITH IT!

Jammyc wrote: »
    Irish paper 2 killed me before Business.
    Was in there for the full 3:20.

Agus mise freisin! I felt bad for keeping our super, she's sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

That was probably the easiest exam yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

Short Qs and ABQ were nice enough.

Did Qs 1,2,4 and 6.

Wrote about 25 pages.. but did lay it out nicely to make it easy on the eye for the examiner!:P

Wasn't mad on Q1 (C) (ii) Evaluate the role of the Director of Equality Investigations in resolving complaints of discrimination in the workplace.

Just kind of waffled for that so hopefully won't lose too many marks. I'd say the (ii) part will be worth 20/25 marks depending on the marking scheme.

My thumb is so numb after HL Irish Paper 2 and Business!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lorr3

how many pages in a book?? just wonderin:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 UnaLuna

the evaluate the role q was so weird, theres only 4 things she does like....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

What did everyone put down for the non-legislative and legislative methods in the abq? Think i put down collective bargaining and the labour relations commission... Is that ok?

lorr3 wrote: »

I guess about 20. My longest exam was 16 pages and I think that's about as many as most people are going to write. I think they have so many pages to avoid the chance of tests being split up if someone needs more than one answer book.

On a side note, does anyone else LOVE sealing their papers? Pull, fold, smooth and best of all: Stick that metal-ended-string-thing through the hole! Awesome!

What did everyone put down for the non-legislative and legislative methods in the abq? Think i put down collective bargaining and the labour relations commission... Is that ok?

I just put arbitration and mediation, I'm sure there's many acceptable answers.

Short Qs and ABQ were nice enough.

Did Qs 1,2,4 and 6.

Wrote about 25 pages.. but did lay it out nicely to make it easy on the eye for the examiner!:P

Wasn't mad on Q1 (C) (ii) Evaluate the role of the Director of Equality Investigations in resolving complaints of discrimination in the workplace.

Just kind of waffled for that so hopefully won't lose too many marks. I'd say the (ii) part will be worth 20/25 marks depending on the marking scheme.

My thumb is so numb after HL Irish Paper 2 and Business!!!

Or teacher is always telling us not to waffle! Which is ludicrous, because she CLEARLY loves waffles. Waffles with syrup, with chocolate sauce, berries... she's a larger lady...

Anywho, 25 pages is mind boggling! How many pages do you think it would be if it was condenced into solid pages of text. Just wondering, since my pages were pretty filled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Paddy001

I guess about 20. My longest exam was 16 pages and I think that's about as many as most people are going to write. I think they have so many pages to avoid the chance of tests being split up if someone needs more than one answer book.

On a side note, does anyone else LOVE sealing their papers? Pull, fold, smooth and best of all: Stick that metal-ended-string-thing through the hole! Awesome!

It's called a treasury tag :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Fairly sure theres either 22 or 24 pages in the booklet. For maths paper 1 i filled the booklet and wrote another 4 pages and for paper 2 i filled it as well as another 9 pages! God im glad thats over!

Paddy001 wrote: »
    It's called a treasury tag :p

Well, I prefer mine, but thank you :P

• Advertisement

Well, I prefer mine, but thank you :P
    But you didn't thank me! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Grand exam, hopefully got the B2 I'm looking for. Made a mess of part B on the ABQ so say I lost half the marks on that, apart from that nice paper.

But you didn't thank me! :eek:

I never use that button. But as you wish...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

lorr3 wrote: »

22 or 24 I think.

I never use that button. But as you wish...
    Ah thanks.... Your very kind!

Ah thanks.... Your very kind!

.....It's called a "you're". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭XboxHero

I wrote 20 for Business, no waffle. About 8-10 words per line. The most I wrote was for English Paper 2. Filled a booklet and then an extra page.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

Or teacher is always telling us not to waffle! Which is ludicrous, because she CLEARLY loves waffles. Waffles with syrup, with chocolate sauce, berries... she's a larger lady...

Anywho, 25 pages is mind boggling! How many pages do you think it would be if it was condenced into solid pages of text. Just wondering, since my pages were pretty filled up.

Mmm...I really want waffles now! Why did you have to mention waffles and chocolate sauce?!

I'd say I could have squeezed it all into 20 pages. Didn't leave that much space just one line between points which I numbered for the examiner and used different coloured pens etc.:p

Advertisement