Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Finical wrote: »
    :pac: You have Business today mate?

FFS thought I done okay, but than I come on here and see people with 20 pages and me with my lousy 10. :eek:

Oh and hi :D
    I don't do Business, couldn't stick it in 1st year, then left. French tomorrow, amd I've done nothing since the orals.lipssealed.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I don't do Business, couldn't stick it in 1st year, then left. French tomorrow, amd I've done nothing since the orals.lipssealed.gif
    Best of luck with it, I do pass French so it's grand. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Finical wrote: »
    Best of luck with it, I do pass French so it's grand. :pac:
    I looked at the paper, so jealous. The aural is all multiple choice!:pac:

History too, but at least that godawful Irish paper is behind me.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Business was grand.
    Short q's and ABQ q's were handy.
    Section 3 had some good options, so fairly happy overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Teacher 28

Congratulations to all who did today's paper. I'm a Teacher and I have to say, I was a little disappointed that Controlling appeared again (it came up last yr!) and nothing on Planning / Organising. Marketing Challenges was too short on the syllabus to write a decent answer for a 30 mark question.

To those who feel disappointed, many pupils last year who felt they got Cs and Ds actually were the ones who came out with As and Bs!! So don't lose heart!!

Best wishes to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Teacher 28 wrote: »
    Congratulations to all who did today's paper. I'm a Teacher and I have to say, I was a little disappointed that Controlling appeared again (it came up last yr!) and nothing on Planning / Organising. Marketing Challenges was too short on the syllabus to write a decent answer for a 30 mark question.

To those who feel disappointed, many pupils last year who felt they got Cs and Ds actually were the ones who came out with As and Bs!! So don't lose heart!!

Best wishes to all.
    Well thats lifted me slightly, cheers.

I only wrote 10 pages.:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Teacher 28 wrote: »
    Marketing Challenges was too short on the syllabus to write a decent answer for a 30 mark question.

Best wishes to all.

i must be blind i didn't see that Q????? or did i read a Q wrong......:(

I think it was on Irish business opportunities and challenges in the EU market

Antamojo wrote: »
    I think it was on Irish business opportunities and challenges in the EU market

aww,,kk thanks.... :D ....:p * my heart* thought it was in th marketing Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 THEDUDEINWHITE

No, was it not the problems of Global Marketing?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

I found the ABQ a bit of a b*tch. Then again I've only been doing business for about a year. Just hope I got my C1....

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Anyone tell me what they got in ABQ Part B....Stock, Credit and Quality Control?
    yep! i wasnt sure if that was right but its the only thing i could think of that could possibly be the answer soo.. i guessed:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Im praying for a C3. Feck up so badly :/

Ya I wasn't sure myself just remembered the title to be honest ha...bluffed de explanation! Many defined management activities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Teacher 28

Q3 on International Trade

part C:

A business involved in global markets faces additional marketing challenges -
    Discuss these challenges.

No the Marketing Challenges wasn't in the Marketing Q, sorry for panicking u!!! :)

http://examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2009/LC033ALP000EV.pdf
    Fairly quick with these arent they!?
    Anyone know when the marking schemes will be up!?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nihilist21

yep! i wasnt sure if that was right but its the only thing i could think of that could possibly be the answer soo.. i guessed:p

I also did that, for some reason when I read the question I wasn't sure what it was asking - they could have phrased it a bit better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

The three HL Business people, myself included, at my centre did the same! Didn't know, guessed that.

• Advertisement

Nihilist21 wrote: »
    I also did that, for some reason when I read the question I wasn't sure what it was asking - they could have phrased it a bit better.

I agree! Messed up my whole exam. It sort of stumped me for a few minutes and I began to worry before deciding to leave it til the end. Then I played catch up for the next 3 hours over the course of 16 pages! Got there though, and then that possibility poped into my head when I went back to ABQ. I think, compared to other section 1,2,3 ABQ's it was a bit awkward.

Jammyc wrote: »
    http://examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2009/LC033ALP000EV.pdf
    Fairly quick with these arent they!?
    Anyone know when the marking schemes will be up!?

I think the marking schemes are only finalised after a selection of the exams are marked. Just to see if any marking needs to be changed.

Ya was phrased difficult, although now that I read it again if you knew your stuff that question was quite easy!

(B) Discuss three types of management control that you would recommend Liam put in place to secure the future of RES Ltd.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

Seachmall wrote: »
    I wrote 20.

on what? your only meant to give relavent, concise points

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

Ya was phrased difficult, although now that I read it again if you knew your stuff that question was quite easy!

(B) Discuss three types of management control that you would recommend Liam put in place to secure the future of RES Ltd.

what was the answer for this?

We think it was Quality, Credit and Stock Control? After all, these were the problems Liam faced..

I also found that I had to look harder for the skills/activities than in previous 1,2,3 ABQ's.

Reilly616 wrote: »
    I also forund that I had to look harder for the skills/activities than in previous 1,2,3 ABQ's.
    Same I found 4 barely.
    I got
    1. Identifying Opportunities
    2. Realistic Risk Assessment
    3. Decision Making
    4. Resilience

We think it was Quality, Credit and Stock Control? After all, these were the problems Liam faced..

did you have anything on the text to back up for the Quality one? i was gonna do that but i couldn't find an example
    i wrote financial plan, because they said their cash flow was tight...

but like honestly..there isn't enough you could say about that Q

• Advertisement

~Candy~ wrote: »
    did you have anything on the text to back up for the Quality one? i was gonna do that but i couldn't find an example
    i wrote financial plan, because they said their cash flow was tight...

but like honestly..there isn't enough you could say about that Q

For quality control I said that quality checks could have found the problems in the goods before they were sent out etc. etc.

Advertisement