Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piss lazy examiners

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

Our examiner is alright but has the odd snooze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 xprincessashx

Well, if you actually read the information booklet given to you - You're not allowed them!

ALL mobile phones and electronic devices (except calculators) are banned from state exams. Anyone found to have them, they will be confiscated, and sent to the SEC offices. The device will then be looked through 100% to see if there's any information on it which the student may have been using to cheat. EVERYTHING is looked at. The student MAY get off light, and suffer no consequences, but they could be banned from state exams for 5 years and have their papers cancelled for violating the rules for state exams. It depends what kind of mood the minister for education is in!

You know i never got that booklet so technically if my phone went off it's a bit harsh...

Plus my phone went off in the jc and she jst said it gave her a fright :D

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

there was a girl eating sweets and rattleing the paper the whole way through the two irish papers she was an external candidate, she was wreckin me head,is there any need for eating the whole way through an exam??our examiner didnt say anything to her wich was pretty irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

ALL mobile phones and electronic devices (except calculators) are banned from state exams.
    Except for the unwritten rule that allows you to bring a watch into the exam for the purpose of time keeping.

Back on the topic of supervisors however.
    As stated above if something happens they do not have to do anything about it immediately. They just have to have it recorded and then it will be taken up later. Throwing the student suspected of cheating out of the exam would just serve as a distraction for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

leesmom wrote: »
    there was a girl eating sweets and rattleing the paper the whole way through the two irish papers she was an external candidate, she was wreckin me head,is there any need for eating the whole way through an exam??our examiner didnt say anything to her wich was pretty irritating

You can eat all you want. I've eaten lots, and I wouldn't have gotten through any of my exams without food.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

Ours was really nice. Our centre closed yesterday so we'll be moving rooms, and she's done. At the end of Business she wished us the best of luck and we chatted about college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Our super is sound. When you want to go to the toilet he says away you go and gives a nod to one of the 5th years who follows you. Toilets are straight across from the centre.

But yesterday for Irish P2 he said before he started handing them out:
    "Please keep toilet outings to a minimum today because we are due an inspector and when someone leaves the hall I have to make a record of it and write it on your answer book, which I don't, and have no intention of creating extra work for myself"

What a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

my phone went off yesterday in business...i shifted in my seat and the stupid button ont he side turned up th music player...the center was treated to a whole 30 seconds of the muppet show intro while i quietly cursed myself for forgetting it and turned it off. the super just said put it away...not even turn it off or "give it here"...

then the unthinkable happened today...i went in with it in my pocket but i went out to the toilet to get rid of it...nearly shat my pants...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

My examiner is such a bum! During History today there were only like 7 guys in my centre so he must have felt like he had more freedom or something cos he started to wander around the room and look out the windows, I saw him playing with the buttons on his shirt!!
    At one point he decided he wanted some tea so he went out and saw that our fifth year attendant was gone and asked the the fifth year attending the NEXT exam centre to go get him some.

The fifth year was all like: "but I can't leave my one, I'll get in shit"
    Then he said: "Ah come on, is there no chance"
    Fifth year: "why can't ya just wait for your guy to come back?"
    Examiner: "Ah sure go on, just make it"

And this was all in loud enough voices cos the fifth year was down the hallway, he didn't even care about where our attendant had gone he just wanted some tea! I found it pretty funny but he's still such a bum:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Ha, my examiner's phone went off during my French aural today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Before the test started today one of the lads went to the toilet and she said putting a book out are we? Then turned to the rest of us and said, "ye must think im stupid, I see notes in your pockets every time ye go to the toilet". Fairly sound i must say haha....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Jay P wrote: »
    You can eat all you want. I've eaten lots, and I wouldn't have gotten through any of my exams without food.

Just because your supervisor didn't stop you doesn't mean it's allowed. Under the scheme for "reasonable accommodations", one of the special arrangements that can be made for candidates with certain medical conditions is that they be allowed food or drink during the exam. This would seem to imply that candidates without such special arrangements are not allowed food or drink. N'est-ce pas?

(From the list of possible reasonable accommodations on the SEC website:
    • Allowing candidates to take medicine, food or drinks into the examination centre where this is required for medical reasons.)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I don't think any superintendent will mind water, or even some kind of sweets, but bringing in something with wrappers which rustle and make noise is downright distracting and rude to others, and the super would be well within their rights to say "no" ... maintaining a quiet, distraction-free environment insofar as possible is part of their job.

Many a roll of mints I went through during exams! :D
    Des23 wrote: »
    Our examiner brought in a big bag of chocolate bars and told us to take one on our way out on saturday. He said it was because we had to come in on the weekend. He is the best that has ever existed.

They were full size bars aswell, not fun size which makes it all the more impressive.:D
    That was sound. Especially seeing that he had to give up his Saturday as well.

Advertisement