Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piss lazy examiners

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

Cian's. It went off and it took him about 20 seconds to silence it!

I hate that when you have to fumble with it. Although it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I was the only one doing the music exam in my school last year and the examiner took out nail clippers and started clipping his finger nails. :mad:
    I was nearly going to pick my pen up and drive it through his neck but decided that he probably wouldnt let me sit the applied maths paper the next day if I did.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

MrPirate wrote: »
    if they have to file any sort of report or anything about cheating or phones, etc, they can never supervise another state exam again.
    That's not the case. The person who told you that was mistaken, or having you on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

electriks wrote: »
    today my friends phone went off 3 times then it fell on the floor. she not-so-discretely picked it up and tried to look innocent. the examiner just stared. she was too lazy to get up to say anything. proves they're just in it for the money...

It's not laziness.

You think they're going to add to the disruption by screaming in a packed hall about misconduct?

Each and every incident will be recorded on their exam paper if they're suspected of cheating and followed up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

If an examiner suspects a student of cheating, they don't have to make a big fuss about it.
    They can just discreetly write it down and you'll know nothing about it until you get your results in August with a big "CANCELLED" scrawled across them.

Not worth the risk imo.

A chap in the school beside mine was thrown out of English Paper 2 though, apparently, after he was caught cheating.
    Hate to be him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

My examiner looks like she loves botox (spelling?).
    Her face doesn't move much, kinda like that one off the new TV licence add.
    You'll have to take my word for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭ALincoln

Wake up, the superintendent did not react because confiscating a phone precipitates an investigation. If any hint of wrongdoing is detected, the culpable party is banned from State Examinations for 5 years. That effectively stalls their academic progress for half a decade. Most supers will turn a blind eye unless confronted with the most blatant of attempts to cheat (and even then they tend to be tolerant).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

i love my super so much, shes amazingly lazy its gotten to the stage where she doesnt hand out answer booklets before the exam instead she leaves them on her desk & we get them, she doesnt hand out extra paper or graph paper either, we go get it ourselves hahaha

i love my super so much, shes amazingly lazy its gotten to the stage where she doesnt hand out answer booklets before the exam instead she leaves them on her desk & we get them, she doesnt hand out extra paper or graph paper either, we go get it ourselves hahaha

My super is hilarious, he walks around and it looks like he's eating when he isn't....haha...age.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Try an examiner that is 25 minutes late for an exam and then acts like nothing is wrong with it. Awarded with the elapsed time at the end but still not on at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

Our examiner doesn't like letting people go to toilet, we're not f***king ten year olds we should be able to go when we need to :mad:

Our examiner doesn't like letting people go to toilet, we're not f***king ten year olds we should be able to go when we need to :mad:

any chance shes blonde ? i had one like that last year she wouldnt shut up about it and would start saying in the middle of an exam "you should all go to the toilet beforehand this is distubing everyone" after the 3rd time i put up my hand and said in my sweetest whisper "could you kindly shut the **** up im trying to do an exam" (i think it was english & i was very stressed) suffice to say a few people heard me so there was a few sniggers from the ones who found it funny, super went bright red and we didnt hear a peep out of her for the rest of the exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

bythewoods wrote: »
    If an examiner suspects a student of cheating, they don't have to make a big fuss about it.
    They can just discreetly write it down and you'll know nothing about it until you get your results in August with a big "CANCELLED" scrawled across them.

Not worth the risk imo.

A chap in the school beside mine was thrown out of English Paper 2 though, apparently, after he was caught cheating.
    Hate to be him!
    In english? Epic fail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

During the JC, we had an examiner for the optional subjects. He dropped something and went to pick it up but then farted in some guy's face behind him.

Not worth the risk imo.

Hate to be him!

sounds a bit far fetched to me, surely they need to prove cheating to cancel an exam, not worth the risk anyway but i dont think they can just say "oh he had a phone" and your exams cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

any chance shes blonde ? i had one like that last year she wouldnt shut up about it and would start saying in the middle of an exam "you should all go to the toilet beforehand this is distubing everyone" after the 3rd time i put up my hand and said in my sweetest whisper "could you kindly shut the **** up im trying to do an exam" (i think it was english & i was very stressed) suffice to say a few people heard me so there was a few sniggers from the ones who found it funny, super went bright red and we didnt hear a peep out of her for the rest of the exams

if thats true,you have some balls!
    she didnt do anything about it?!

poisonated wrote: »
    if thats true,you have some balls!
    she didnt do anything about it?!

she couldnt really if she said anything i would have just explained she was talking throughout the exam, everyone would have agreed with me + the principal & teachers would back up the fact that im not a "cheeky" student and have never spoken to a teacher like that so i clearly had reason

anyway that woman was a witch and i should have reported her

she couldnt really if she said anything i would have just explained she was talking throughout the exam, everyone would have agreed with me + the principal & teachers would back up the fact that im not a "cheeky" student and have never spoken to a teacher like that so i clearly had reason

anyway that woman was a witch and i should have reported her

You're my hero

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

you should just get up and leave, pointing to the door on your way and theyl get the hint if you mean bathroom!
    i didnt actually no that they could stop you from going to the bathroom, i thought they just had to give us paper and watch incase we cheat!
    we say nothing and get up and leave! try it! if they see your open exam on your desk theyl know where you have gone:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What happens is that the results for the subject in question will not be on the person's results. Sometimes they will not arrive for the whole centre. Nothing need necessarily have been said to the candidate on the day. It's up to the school then to contact the SEC and see what the problem is.

There are a number of cases every year where this happens - where there is suspicion of copying, particularly on project work (field studies, history projects, experiment booklets and the like).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

you should just get up and leave, pointing to the door on your way and theyl get the hint if you mean bathroom!
    i didnt actually no that they could stop you from going to the bathroom, i thought they just had to give us paper and watch incase we cheat!
    we say nothing and get up and leave! try it! if they see your open exam on your desk theyl know where you have gone:rolleyes:

/facepalm

Are none of ye informed of the rules? You CAN go to the toilet, if you really need to - it's just they don't like a lot of people doing it to prevent distractions. You just have to put your hand up and ask - You can't leave the hall unless the super is happy with your reason. You have to hand up your answer book to the super on leaving the hall, and you get it back when you return. They mark the time you were missing and reason on the cover of the script.

All in the little green booklet they give ya...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

All in the little green booklet they give ya...

I have like 10 of those books, doesn't mean im gonna read them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

galway.gaa wrote: »
    why you gettin so thick? its not like it even makes a difference to the rest of us.

and whats goin to happen to that guy whos phone went of and the examiner took it?

Because he could be the guy who butts you out of a college place.

It's 1 for 1, every person that cheats and gets into a course throws someone that didn't cheat off theirs. Not personally affected since I'd say I'll be safe enough like 50 points or more above what I need but it is ridiculous for those that did their best to get it thrown in their face because someone had a phone on them trying to act hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Our examiner brought in a big bag of chocolate bars and told us to take one on our way out on saturday. He said it was because we had to come in on the weekend. He is the best that has ever existed.

They were full size bars aswell, not fun size which makes it all the more impressive.:D

Des23 wrote: »
    Our examiner brought in a big bag of chocolate bars and told us to take one on our way out on saturday. He said it was because we had to come in on the weekend. He is the best that has ever existed.

They were full size bars aswell, not fun size which makes it all the more impressive.:D

Hahahaha.

First thing I thought when I read the bit about the bars, this crappy bag of funsize ones.

He truly is heroic to have bought actual bars. I salute your Super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Ah sure it happens! Or fella is dead on! A phone went off, and he just say but it away! its sound! Can ye go to the toilet as much as ye like?? or can ye only go once and timed and all that??

We have to sign a sheet with the time we go out and were accompanyed by fifth years (And the point is? if i wanted to cheat theyed hardly say anything)

anyway Isnt that like against the law not to let you go to the jacks:rolleyes:
    Like just ask the examiner for a bottle that will change his mind!

mikeglee wrote: »
    You're my hero

hahahaha im a rebel without a cause

made myself cringe with that ^

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Secoundrow wrote: »
    We have to sign a sheet with the time we go out and were accompanyed by fifth years (And the point is? if i wanted to cheat theyed hardly say anything)

Everybody has to do that. It's to ensure you actually go to the jacks. It's hardly that much of an ask, having to sign your name.

Back on topic, our examiner apparantly fell asleep during English P.2 and one of the maths papers. I dunno how true it is though. Also, on the first day she gave out to loads of people for not being in the center fifteen minutes early, and she gave exam papers and answer books to everyone else first. Then I asked if I could have a book and a sticker but she said "No. You decided not to come in on time so you can wait." And I flipped, to say the least. I said "Actually no, I've been here since ten past nine, so give me my stuff now." That shut her up :) It was annoying the way she was giving out that the people who were late interrupted her routine, but it would have taken a minute to give out the friggin papers :rolleyes:

Also, yesterday at the start of the Irish oral, she had to get the guy outside the door to come in and turn up the volume because she didn't know how to do it! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

[offtopic]What's the story with asking your examiner if they've anything taken down about you?,In irish 2 today I was basically staring at the answer book and I looked up,he looked at me and started writing stuff down,this happened a few times.I don't want to ask if I have no reason to,I kind of know my examiner[NOT in a good way he's a b***** and I'm sure he feels the same about me][/offtopic]

Advertisement