Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piss lazy examiners

Options
  • 08-06-2009 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

today my friends phone went off 3 times then it fell on the floor. she not-so-discretely picked it up and tried to look innocent. the examiner just stared. she was too lazy to get up to say anything. proves they're just in it for the money...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

The bastard! they should have kicked your friend out!!1!

electriks wrote: »
    today my friends phone went off 3 times then it fell on the floor. she not-so-discretely picked it up and tried to look innocent. the examiner just stared. she was too lazy to get up to say anything. proves they're just in it for the money...

I guys phone went off in our Irish aural today. Our examiner took it.

What you've said doesn't prove that they're in it for the money; it proves that your examiner is just in it for the money (and it doesn't even prove that).

Tar thousands of people with the one and same brush much?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

proves they're just in it for the money...

What exactly did you think they were in it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Karoma wrote: »
    Damn right!.

If you dont get the points you need, i say you sue the examiner, the SEC, the examiner's parents, your friend and the mobile phone company. Bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

At least if you fail you have an excuse... :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

Karoma wrote: »
    why you gettin so thick? its not like it even makes a difference to the rest of us.

and whats goin to happen to that guy whos phone went of and the examiner took it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

My LC Chemistry exam was my last exam (2004). I think it was due to start at 3 and by 10 past there was still no sign of our examiner. As there were only seven of us, I decided to go out to the secretarys office and ask what the story was.

The examiner promptly comes in two minutes later, turns out he had been asleep in his car, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 electriks

haha that could work. ya but i've heard it from examiners. if a student is cheating the examiner generally won't do anything about it, unless they make it really obvious and other retarded student might go home and tell their parents like that dip**** in louth. its 2 much of a risk to take obviously but its too much trouble for the examiner cause they have to write up about it, give all these reports....takes AGES

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

what else would they be in it for ? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ...stephen...

Whats the big deal! if a phone goes off you might laugh for all of 3 seconds or so! If you fail you were going to anyways!! Like your just over reacting!!

• Advertisement

fair enough but our one complains about getting us graph paper for gods sake. so to piss her off you wait till shes sitting to put up your hand and then everyone else does the same. she wont giv us any extra time anymore:(

Whats the big deal! if a phone goes off you might laugh for all of 3 seconds or so! If you fail you were going to anyways!! Like your just over reacting!!

yeah thank you,
    unfortunately my frined she tried coughing and sneezing to cover it up so i was laughing for bout 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

galway.gaa wrote: »
    why you gettin so thick? its not like it even makes a difference to the rest of us.

and whats goin to happen to that guy whos phone went of and the examiner took it?

Well, if you actually read the information booklet given to you - You're not allowed them!

ALL mobile phones and electronic devices (except calculators) are banned from state exams. Anyone found to have them, they will be confiscated, and sent to the SEC offices. The device will then be looked through 100% to see if there's any information on it which the student may have been using to cheat. EVERYTHING is looked at. The student MAY get off light, and suffer no consequences, but they could be banned from state exams for 5 years and have their papers cancelled for violating the rules for state exams. It depends what kind of mood the minister for education is in!

During the LC last year our examiner fell asleep during English paper 2. Now, that's lazy.

Ah sure it happens! Or fella is dead on! A phone went off, and he just say but it away! its sound! Can ye go to the toilet as much as ye like?? or can ye only go once and timed and all that??

OKay that sounds wrong!! but you no! like cause you could be cheating and all that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

I guys phone went off in our Irish aural today. Our examiner took it.

What you've said doesn't prove that they're in it for the money; it proves that your examiner is just in it for the money (and it doesn't even prove that).

Tar thousands of people with the one and same brush much?

Righteous talk there sir!!!! Who was it?

for us you could be outside talking to the attendings for 15 minutes before they'd come looking for you. it great. nice break from the boredom of exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

During the LC last year our examiner fell asleep during English paper 2. Now, that's lazy.

Bet me to it. Ours did that today for about 30 seconds, during which time one guy wanted to leave, so had to stand in front of him with his exam booklet until he realised he was there. How I didn't laugh I'll never know.

Ya same as, but her fella does not even come looking for ya! loads of time if people wanted to look up notes or anything its crazy!

• Advertisement

mikeglee wrote: »
    Righteous talk there sir!!!! Who was it?

Cian's. It went off and it took him about 20 seconds to silence it!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Well, if you actually read the information booklet given to you - You're not allowed them!

ALL mobile phones and electronic devices (except calculators) are banned from state exams. Anyone found to have them, they will be confiscated, and sent to the SEC offices. The device will then be looked through 100% to see if there's any information on it which the student may have been using to cheat. EVERYTHING is looked at. The student MAY get off light, and suffer no consequences, but they could be banned from state exams for 5 years and have their papers cancelled for violating the rules for state exams. It depends what kind of mood the minister for education is in!
    That's in theory, yes. But in reality, if an examiner can avoid doing something like that, they will. Because if they have to file any sort of report or anything about cheating or phones, etc, they can never supervise another state exam again. I don't know why it's like that, but I did the superintendent thingy last year (those students who bring in the tea and coffee to the examiner) and I was talking to the examiner I was covering for and he mentioned that and I found it quite strange.
    Hell, a guy in my center on Friday, his phone went off; examiner took it and gave it to the superintendents to hold till the end of the exam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

i think your over reacting a bit. most examiners dont care. do you think the department are goin to bother lookin a 100% through a phone? have you heard it happenin to anyone before? i doubt it and im sure people get caght every year with phones. anyway what i said was what difference to the rest of us. absolutly none so theres no big deal

ya we call him santa clause (dont ask) but he drives his car right in front of the gym door so he won't have to walk far. we have to use a different freaking entrance at the side because of t

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Ya same as, but her fella does not even come looking for ya! loads of time if people wanted to look up notes or anything its crazy!
    Exactly! Hell, I remember last year going into the toilets in my school during the biology exam and seeing the entire course of biology (in note form obviously) crammed behind the top of the toilet!
    We got rid of it of course. We were in it for the money. :P

why do people bother. you go to d bathroom n youd be n such a panic about getting caught n cramming the info in2 your head ud know nothing extra going back n waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

i'm sitting right up the front by the examiner. during english paper 2 i thought she kept on staring at me, and the same thing was happening today. i plucked up the courage to look back at her today. HER EYES WERE CLOSED. there i was thinking i was in with a chance (after an hour and a half of irish today, she was looking very attractive for a women in the 55-62 age bracket).

VERY disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

During my art practical exams a few weeks ago, our examiers teeth fell out when he fell asleep!

Grusome stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

my examiner falls asleep every exam its so funny watching him sleep,then he wakes up pretending he wasnt asleep

• Advertisement

:Pur halucinating. don't work 2 hard in there

Advertisement