Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving early

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

In the junior cert I left for all my exams except English paper 2! Haven't any early for any in the leaving though, quite proud of myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Left OL Maths Paper 1 early, did all 8 questions and was still finished and triple checked by 11, so there was no point. But in English yesterday I was writing and finishing a sentence when she said stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Will probably leave Irish P1 early tomorrow and French on Wed.
    CSPE was a joke. I got an A, as did about 20 other people in my year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Left with an hour and 50 minutes to go in yesterday's English paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

In the JC i left nearly every exam early and we to had the CSPE race what a stupid exam!!

Ive only left maths early so far and thats probably only cause i dropped down frpm honours a while back so i thought it was a bit easy
    but stayed right till the end for all my others!!i dont get how people can leave after about 40 minutes...stupid!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Um, aren't people forgetting about the Irish aural on 10 minutes after paper 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Uaschamóg

Liam O wrote: »

can ya not come back for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

we aren't allowed leave early in our school.
    it's really annoying, because I've finished every exam at least half an hour early, except for english paper one, I finished with 10 mins to spare.
    I wish we were allowed to leave early because tbh i'd much rather spend my time studying than staring at the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Guy in my year, stayed as long as he could during the CSPE J.C. exam.

He's a really arrogant, opinionated bastard. The Kind who love rants about fine gael, and when asked to pick up some rubbish he had just dropped, promptly replied "shure why would i do that, that's the cleaner's job".

Anywhoo, everyone else was done at least a half hour before him (even the complete nerd kids). In fact, all the other examiners had cleared off. With about 10 minutes to go (him still writing) his examiner got bored and kicked him out. Good times.

kateos2 wrote: »
    it's really annoying, because I've finished every exam at least half an hour early, except for english paper one, I finished with 10 mins to spare.
    I wish we were allowed to leave early because tbh i'd much rather spend my time studying than staring at the wall.
    Errr, tell them (with great vigour) to royally FOOK OFF!!.

It's your L.C., you can do what you like. The school doesn't own you anymore :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

I can't believe you're not allowed to leave an exam early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

He's a really arrogant, opinionated bastard. The Kind who love rants about fine gael, and when asked to pick up some rubbish he had just dropped, promptly replied "shure why would i do that, that's the cleaner's job".

Anywhoo, everyone else was done at least a half hour before him (even the complete nerd kids). In fact, all the other examiners had cleared off. With about 10 minutes to go (him still writing) his examiner got bored and kicked him out. Good times.

lol a guy did that in our our class he did the exam in about half an hour and went to sleep on his desk ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Mr.S wrote: »
    Lol of course your allowed leave.
    Twilighter wrote: »
    I can't believe you're not allowed to leave an exam early!
    Errr, tell them (with great vigour) to royally FOOK OFF!!.

It's your L.C., you can do what you like. The school doesn't own you anymore :).

school rule or something, they told all superintendents at the start. I doubt they'd stop you leaving the centre but if you do and any of the teachers or the principal see you they've threatened to put us is in a room to study until the time the exam is over.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I've a friend exactly like this. She's so arrogant sometimes :rolleyes: She insisted on staying the entire CSPE exam. She wasn't looking over it again or anything - she sat there with the booklet closed for half an hour drumming her fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

school rule or something, they told all superintendents at the start. I doubt they'd stop you leaving the centre but if you do and any of the teachers or the principal see you they've threatened to put us is in a room to study until the time the exam is over.
    That's practically imprisonment! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kiara.

Liam O wrote: »

Its 40 minutes after?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

It is annoying that some schools will maintain that you shouldn't be allowed out of the exam even if you have finished the paper.

However keep in mind that they do have your best interests at heart. If you stay in the exam you will be able to improve your result in some way. It is just a matter of perseverance.

Of course if you still wish to leave there is nothing they can do about it as they cannot keep you there against your will.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

10 minutes for HL Kiara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Weekend Warrior

I've only left maths early, so far. I was finished the exam at eleven, drew a nice picture for the corrector, got bored by 11:15. So I looked across the gym and my friend was looking at me, and we both kind of nodded our heads at one another and handed up our papers and left.
    I can see why it wouldn't be advisable to let students leave exams like English or Irish early, but if you're finished well in advance and you've already checked everything, there's really no point in hanging around. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

The moment of 'fame' for walikng out early is never worth it. You the summer long to regret it and perhaps the rest of your life to pay for it.

• Advertisement

Johnnyjump wrote: »
    The moment of 'fame' for walikng out early is never worth it. You the summer long to regret it and perhaps the rest of your life to pay for it.
    You're optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Johnnyjump wrote: »
    Moment of fame?
    Pretty much everyone in my exam hall left early for the Maths exam, I stayed till the end and there was just the people doing higher and a few of the ordinary lads still there, I didn't see how much people stayed for the full English exam because I was one of the first out in both exams.

People don't walk out for 'fame' (except the mentions to CSPE, but no-one would ever regret doing bad in a CSPE Junior Cert. exam), they do it because they finish early and don't want to sit around doing nothing for another hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

No offense, but your school the gayest school ever :pac:

The cheek of your principal! You don't even attend the school anymore...

I would have told him where to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Solas Way

OL French, over in about 30 or so mins.
    More time for history:D..hopefuly.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

A room to study is better than sitting in the exam hall doing nothing.

Not that they are really able to do it anyway- you've all graduated, the school isn't responsible for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

I plan to leave irish paper 2 as early as i can! Gonna just fly thru it! Dont care what i get in it as long as its passed! D3 ftw! Ha it'll give me a nice few hours to study for business.. Only worth 18% anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I remember we weren't allowed to leave early during the pres, ever. Truly sucked.

I left Maths around half an hour early, and Geography about twenty minutes early. Left every exam in the JC bar English early, I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GallowsGhost

I remember we weren't allowed to leave early during the pres, ever. Truly sucked.
    Same here, I messed up geography in the mocks and just gave up trying to write anything. Sat there for like an hour feeling like a right fool. It was awful!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

Also while we're on the topic, did anyone have The CSPE Race during the CSPE? For the most pointless exam ever, whoever leaves first, wins. I think the winner was 20 minutes, he still got an A, what a joke of an exam :cool:

Opposite. My friend and I sat with our arms folded looking at the teacher until the entire time was up. Awesome awkwardness!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

left maths after like 80 mins

Advertisement