Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving early

Options
  • 07-06-2009 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Anyone leave any exams early? Don't normally see the point, if only because there are always a couple of teachers outside the hall waiting to grill you, but I'll probably leave Irish early tomorrow, goodness I'm getting all excited just thinking about it :p

I remember during the JC someone left as early as they could, obviously thinking they were the ****, only to slip while walking out :D

Also while we're on the topic, did anyone have The CSPE Race during the CSPE? For the most pointless exam ever, whoever leaves first, wins. I think the winner was 20 minutes, he still got an A, what a joke of an exam :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I haven't stayed til the end of an exam yet, I've only had english and maths though. will probably stay til the end of some of them, definitely will be leaving irish early though! and I only got a B in CSPE :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I think the winner was 20 minutes, he still got an A, what a joke of an exam :cool:

Strange seeing as you're not permitted to leave any state exam, for Junior or Leaving Cert, until 30 minutes have passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ThatWouldBeNice

A C in CSPE, you had to colour in a poster advertising the Gardai?! :D;)

peanuthead wrote: »
    Strange seeing as you're not permitted to leave any state exam, for Junior or Leaving Cert, until 30 minutes have passed.

While I was writing it out I did wonder, but it was defo 20 mints.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

I will more than likely stay until the end of all my exams. Note that I said more than likely. For Irish tomorrow and Tuesday depending on how I am doing I may leave early.
    In my mocks when I couldn't leave early I spent most of my time sitting their doing nothing.
    I would prefer to be studying Business than doing nothing. At least way it actually helps me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

I intend to stay untill the end for all of them except Irish.For OL in the mocs every single person was finised after an hour and a half.Hopefully it will be sunny so I can relax out in the sun.Shame we still have the aural though.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

As your name suggests, that would be nice but I literally do not have the time to leave!
    I'm always there till the last second!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

I've only left English 2 early, so far, and that was mainly because I was under the impression it finished at 12:20, so had worked to that timescale, only to realise that the real finishing time was 12:50.

I could have left maths one early, but I stayed in the vague hope there would be some kind of devine inspiration, to save me from failing. I did get an extra (attempt at a) (B) part in in the last two minutes, having sat staring at the walls for about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I thought english 2 was over at 20 past as well. but then I was like ok the teachers said marks per minutes so wtf is going on here?

also thought maths was over at half 12. I handed up my paper at 10 to 12 and she was like hurry up it's almost ten to and I was like what???

I really should check what time they're over at before

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Haven't left early yet, will probably leave early during Irish, Paper 1 has FAR too much time.

Haven't left early yet though, barely had enough time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Haven't stayed till the end of an exam yet. Don't see the point in sitting there reading your paper again and again, go over it once, leg it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

While I was writing it out I did wonder, but it was defo 20 mints.

Well I suppose it could be possible, we are Irish after all, and anything goes, but it shouldn't have happened. You see, people can still enter before 30 mins have passed, so no-one is allowed to leave until no-one else is allowed in.
    Im telling, so you all have to re-do it next saturday!! What year was it again???? :p

peanuthead wrote: »
    Well I suppose it could be possible, we are Irish after all, and anything goes, but it shouldn't have happened. You see, people can still enter before 30 mins have passed, so no-one is allowed to leave until no-one else is allowed in.
    Im telling, so you all have to re-do it next saturday!! What year was it again???? :p

I guess that makes sense. Well in our tiny bit of internal folklore he left after 20 minutes - it's a better stoary that way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I know in college you couldn't leave in the first hour or the last half hour.
    If I was finished and triple checked before the last half hour hit I'd leave. Because if I'm sitting there and I'm done I tend to only go back and end up ruining answers.
    But that's me.

I remember in leaving cert geography I didn't have enough time

star-pants wrote: »

I remember in leaving cert geography I didn't have enough time

Did it on Friday, didn't have enough time, either - mainly due to the fact that, after 18 geography exams in my school life, I chose the only important one to misread the paper and wrote TWO physical geog questions, not leaving enough time for a good human geog answer :mad:

I wouldn't worry too much, if I can remember back that far (lol) the last question was continental or something, I'd to write about Italy. I got the sketch and barely some bullet points about it and my time was up - but I still got a good grade :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

So Italy is a continental region?

sorry I can't recall the question - continental just popped into my head. I think it was a Section C question.

anyways... exams like that one i didn't have enough time, whereas others I'd finish early and not want to sit there looking at the paper any longer

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

CSPE was a lovely subject, I got a B. I wish we still had it for the Leaving, easy points! haha. The only exam I've left early so far is maths, I left about an hour and a half early (I do Foundation Level)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Italy's your European region, a "subcontinental or continental region you have studied" refers to your non-Irish, non-European region like I did Brazil others do India, whatever.

I've left early for one exam; 10 minutes before the end of English paper 2 because I was happy with what I had done and had tied everything up nicely. The rest I wasn't running out of time but just finished within a few minutes of the end and read over my paper rather than disrupt others or making others worry about their timing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I haven't left any exam early lol. I was finished about an hour and a half into maths but I just kept reading over it, checking my signs and multiplications and stuff. Corrected loads of really small stupid mistakes too, so it was time well spent :P I'd be paranoid that I'd waste my time by leaving early (although in the mocks when we were forced to stay I spent all my time wishing I could leave!). Tis life eh? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I sat five papers so far, stayed till the end of two of three.

Will def be leaving early in pass irish tomorrow, finished in under a hour in the mocks!

I haven't left any exam early lol. I was finished about an hour and a half into maths but I just kept reading over it, checking my signs and multiplications and stuff. Corrected loads of really small stupid mistakes too, so it was time well spent :P I'd be paranoid that I'd waste my time by leaving early (although in the mocks when we were forced to stay I spent all my time wishing I could leave!). Tis life eh? :rolleyes:

In JC I got through like 2-3 novels just reading waiting for us to be able to leave :S

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Havn't left early yet, probably could have in maths but I decided to take my time, and do extra questions!
    Will definitly be leaving Irish early tomorrow though, will only take like half an hour to write my pathetic attempt at an Aiste...I really shouldnt be doing higher level!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Can't believe the posts about not knowing how long the exam is. Surely it's mentioned on the front page and on the official timetable? And teachers have surely mentioned it at some point???

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

phic wrote: »
    Havn't left early yet, probably could have in maths but I decided to take my time, and do extra questions!

+ 1 on the not leaving early and maths extra question.
    I won't be leaving Irish earl :( Higher sucks! Just think I'll keep writing till she says stops, same as the mocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'll leave Irish 1 after 45 minutes at the most, there's a ridiculous amount of time given for the OL exam. I'll also leave Biology really quickly too because I fly through those exams for some reason.

I left english 1 with 20 minutes left and Maths 1 with half an hour left.

My CSPE exam was amazing, the minute the first 30 minutes were over every single girl in the room put their hand up to leave.
    Got an A of course :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i left ordianry maths about a half hour before it finsihed.had all the q's done and even did another one.checked over it twice and i was out of there

I got a D3 in Honours Irish in the mocks from doing half a poetry question, the comprehensions and the listening :p Knew I would be dropping down so had a half arsed attempt; don't need Honours so I cba with the effort to learn off answers for An Triail in all of its boring unimaginative glory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I was too paranoid back in my day :p:p to leave an exam early .

Anyway, good luck/Ádh mór libh in the exams guys :)

Advertisement