Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm sick of scumbag threads...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Sorting things out?

Ah just admit it, it's your cover.
    You are double double psyching us out.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

meh.
    I've no love for scumbags*. In fact, I'd live happily in a world without them. I've very little interaction with them, and I strive to keep it that way.

Am I prejudice? Yea sure, why not? It keeps scummers out of my life, and keeps me safe and happy.
    Am I missing out on some "real" "genuine" people? Probably. Who cares? I've enough friends - what with not being a scumbag myself, I tend to get on well with lots of people, most of society in fact.

*Scumbags of the generic everyday type.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

javaboy wrote: »
    Combining your twin passions of auto-erotic asphyxiation and necrophilia?

Aka - passionate weight loss programme.
    you could be waiting to get thanked..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Zulu wrote: »
    meh.
    I've no love for scumbags*. In fact, I'd live happily in a world without them. I've very little interaction with them, and I strive to keep it that way.

Am I prejudice? Yea sure, why not? It keeps scummers out of my life, and keeps me safe and happy.
    Am I missing out on some "real" "genuine" people? Probably. Who cares? I've enough friends - what with not being a scumbag myself, I tend to get on well with lots of people, most of society in fact.

*Scumbags of the generic everyday type.
    Self preservation of ones physical and mental state is very important and your right ,we sometimes have to make choice as to who we wish to be associated with .There is a thin line between having a good time ,craic and misbehaving in a way that is disrepectful to others and downright anti social . I know I made the right decision to do dis associate myself from some people whan I was younger .The thing is and has being mentioned ,your post code or location in the country does not make you the person you are .Good and bad in all of them .

Latchy wrote: »
    Self preservation of ones physical and mental state is very important and your right ,we sometimes have to make choice as to who we wish to be associated with .There is a thin line between having a good time ,craic and misbehaving in a way that is disrepectful to others and downright anti social . I know I made the right decision to do dis associate myself from some people whan I was younger .The thing is and has being mentioned ,your post code or location in the country does not make you the person you are .Good and bad in all of them .

Then is it down to basic manners, moral fortitude..or something else.?

• Advertisement

Then is it down to basic manners, moral fortitude..or something else.?
    Well even somebody born in a slum can raise above themselfs be educated and learn manners .The other side of the coin is you can have highly educated people who dont have any at all .Point being we dont get to choose which religion ,familiy , city or country we are born into but we can choose our friends .

Latchy wrote: »
    Well even somebody born in a slum can raise above themselfs be educated and learn manners .The other side of the coin is you can have highly educated people who dont have any at all .Point being we dont get to choose which religion ,familiy , city or country we are born into but we can choose our friends .
    agreed..but every group of people usually has one bad egg in it. The group you hang out with won't necessarily mould your character and stop you becomming a scumbag.

Clearly then I've missed something.

I would work under the assumption that where a person is from dosen't make them a scumbag, but dressing like a scumbags, and acting like a scumbag does.

What did I miss?

agreed..but every group of people usually has one bad egg in it. The group you hang out with won't necessarily mould your character and stop you becomming a scumbag.
    Or dont hang out with at all .Perhaps some people are more easily led than others and peer pressure is as stronger today that it ever was .Dressing up as a mod ,punk ,skinhead , goff ,hippie, etc doesn't mean you will find more scumbags in those groups ,of course not ,that's more individualism and a fashion statment of the times in question.But agreed , equally there is nothing to say that those groups will not have a bad egg or two in them , just like any groups anywere .

I would work under the assumption that where a person is from dosen't make them a scumbag, but dressing like a scumbags, and acting like a scumbag does.
    .If the cap fits ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Scumbag threads and chugger threads are the best bits of AH.

• Advertisement

No bad eggs in my group. I simply wouldn't be friends with a "bad egg" - why bother? :confused:

And, the group you hang out with do, to an extent, mould your character. Sound people don't hang around with scumbags. There's a very good reason for that: they're sound.
    Scumbags hang around with scumbags, and there's a good reason for that too: no one else will tolerate their behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

Terry wrote: »
    I'm not one of those described sarcasticly above, but I would fall into the category of the typical AH type of scumbag.
    I look a bit rough and that scares people so they automatically **** themselves when I ask for directions. Then they run home and post here about the traumatic ordeal of a rough looking guy with a cigarette in his hand politely looking for directions to a pub

why do you look rough?
    Terry wrote: »
    How many people walking around in pyjamas are actually causing any harm to anyone bar themselves?
    How many people living in so-called undesirable areas actuially commit crimes against others?
    How many people on the dole (all 400,000 of them) are making a career out of it?

I've never seen you ask any of those questions, so why are you questioning my thread?

people who walk around in pyjamas actually pollute the environment.. its not nice to see people in their pjs walking around in the middle of the day, just highlights laziness and a lack of hygiene. people with the attitude that what they are doing does "no harm to anyone else" underestimate the value of self respect and are generally just selfish. i live in finglas and it really bugs me

i think you actually know the answers to the last 2 questions as well as i do...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,982 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

people who walk around in PJs are more prone to hypothermia and pneumonia. This makes them a greater burden on the health system, taking away from other patients who were wearing normal clothes when they get sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Clearly then I've missed something.

What did I miss?

That judging a book by its cover isn't the best way to go through life?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

It is if you read comics!

*Drum snap, cymbal bash*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I knew someone who knew someone who was fined £50 for running over and killing a pedestrian, middle of the day, driver drunk. Banned driving for 4 years. No jail.

He was driving a Jaguar and the judge says he was an upstanding member of the community, so that's okay then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Amalgam wrote: »
    I knew someone who knew someone who was fined £50 for running over and killing a pedestrian, middle of the day, driver drunk. Banned driving for 4 years. No jail.

He was driving a Jaguar and the judge says he was an upstanding member of the community, so that's okay then.

That's it! Get the wagons ready, we're going to D4 to arrest the lot of them.

I mean they are the ones currently filling up our prisons aren't they? Right? Guys?

Who told you that rubbish?
    "Judging a book by it's cover" is exactly the one single trait that got your dna to where it is today.

The monkey that tried to assertain the finer points of the lions personality got eaten. The other monkey that decided the lion looked like a bit of a scumbag, and moved on, lived long enough to bang another monkey, and passed on his genetic code.

"judged a book by it's cover": 1, fuckin idealist idiots: 0.

If people who are serious law breakers ie ,drunk drivers ,rapists, murderers (regardless of their race , background and upbringing ) were giving the correct time in jail for their offences ,there would be thousends of more people in jail than there already is. So a life sentence should mean -locked -up -for- life and drunk drivers who kill people should get between 5-10 years without parole instead of the usual slap on the wrist which happens in a lot of cases .

what if the drunk driver kills a rapist coming from a repeat rape offence while on parole?

• Advertisement

Indeed , no transparancy with the law is there ?

psst - an act of god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Who told you that rubbish?
    "Judging a book by it's cover" is exactly the one single trait that got your dna to where it is today.

The monkey that tried to assertain the finer points of the lions personality got eaten. The other monkey that decided the lion looked like a bit of a scumbag, and moved on, lived long enough to bang another monkey, and passed on his genetic code.

"judged a book by it's cover": 1, fuckin idealist idiots: 0.

Terrible analogy is terrible.

I mean it could be worse, but you'd really have to try hard to be more awful.

Terrible analogy is terrible.
    What the hell does that mean?
    Was it supposed to read: "That terrible analogy is terrible"?
    or: "Terrible analogy. Terrible."?

"I mean it could be worse, but you'd really have to try hard to be more awful."

Fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

What the hell does that mean?
    Was it supposed to read: "That terrible analogy is terrible"?
    or: "Terrible analogy. Terrible."?

"I mean it could be worse, but you'd really have to try hard to be more awful."

Fail.

I see you're new to the internet, <x> object is <x> is a fairly common meme.
    But your analogy is still fucking awful.

Advertisement