Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm sick of scumbag threads...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm not sick of scumbag threads. Who doesn't like hearing exaggerated and often completely fictional stories about those evil, evil [whatever clothes they wear] wearing people?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    So whats acceptable? Being middle-class? Thats soooo boring.
    Nothing is acceptable apart from being a complete hermit and never telling anyone about your existence. That way they cannot judge you because they don't know that you exist.

Everyone else is a scumbag.

although the hermits are scumbags too because all they do is sit at home all day and watch whatever tv show has people too ugly to appear on big brother, therefore they go on a show and deny being the father of a white baby when the mother is white and the accused father is black too.
    Then the real father (some white dude from Birmingham) appears and throws a chair at someone and still denys being the father even though DNA evidence show otherwise.

What hapopened?
    I'm going to bed. It's late and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Terry wrote: »
    I'll rent you a room in my lovely peaceful suburban home for €80 p/w.
    Adverts, you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I wouldnt count terry's example of scumbags as been scumbags,i'd count them more as been spoilt little tards who think they are class until they actually do meet a proper scumbag when they are on there own and get the face bet off them for saying something which they think to be smart and ridiculing to (random scumbaggy name...) Slasher. So Slasher takes offence to this and leaves(posh name...) William Henry III with a rather large hospital bill.

I hate scumbags and i have often asked my friends why do scumbags even bother choosing to be scum,especially when you see them running through a town generally after each other knocking down other people in the way thinking they are class because their older brothers with the car,child and inbred girlfriend got them a few dutch gold

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

The scumbag threads were getting old.
    Real scumbags can fúck right off, but i dont give a crap how someone looks as long as they're sound.

The people described in the OP are the worst of a bad bunch tbh. I've come so close on so many occasions to just going all out on them, for the being arrogant knob ends.
    I used my better sense and didn't fall to their level though, forget 'em.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Born and bred. :)

I have devoted my life to earning enough money to buy my way out though.

High 5 for doing the same thing.:pac:

The day i can live somewhere and have a nice car with out worring about it being stolen... Ah i can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Status quo interrupted.

How refreshing.

Nice one Terry.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

It's so nice when threads from the mirror universe stop by to say hello.

Evil goatees and crazy opposite day all at once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

so why are you questioning my thread?

I'd guess because it all sounds so fantastic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Dumbledore

CianRyan wrote: »
    The people described in the OP are the worst of a bad bunch tbh. I've come so close on so many occasions to just going all out on them, for the being arrogant knob ends.

I would disagree with this. I would much rather be in a club with a load of D4 heads because I don't feel threatened by them, while I have been beaten up by skangers in clubs before.
    I am not sure if the OP was being sarcastic but I never hear of D4 heads committing serious crime(rape, bus-station assaults as mentioned etc), I used to work in the 4 courts and there were never any rich people in there for anything other than misdemeanours like driving offences. In fact it was always tracksuit-wearing men wit hearings and tattoos who were on trial, hardly the D4 stereotype.
    Overall I think teh country would be much better if everyone was a D4 head than a skanger. D4> knacks in my opinion, and btw Im not from D4 I am just using it as a descriptive term that everybody can relate to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

We need a thread for the good people of this island.

You see them all the time.
    You may live in a city and see them every day, or you may live in a county town and only spot them at the weekend, but they are always there.

You know the type.
    They have a big brother or uncle who is a detective in the Gardaí, their mother or father is a local politician, their parents own the local shopping centre, all the land around it and half of your town, they go to the nearest private school, they wear designer clothes bought by their mammies.

Then you see them out on the town and they flaunt all of society's rules.
    The fall out of pubs completely **** faced, piss on the nearest car, attempt to rape some chick because she happens to be walking down the road in a tracksuit and they know that uncle Garda will believe them over the tracksuit girl.
    They gang up on the lone guy at the bus stop, kick the crap out of him when he tries to defen himself and then run home to <insert authority figure here> when the victim is hospitalised. They end up in court, but the judge takes their side because they went to the same creche 50 years apart.

They get into all the top places in your local town/city and throw things at you if you look a little out of place there. It's ok though, because one of their parent's owns the place.

They are given a BMW for their 17th birthday. They then run over someone, but it's ok becuase that person had pyjamas on so they were obviously a pov on the dole and therefor do not count as human. It doesn't matter that everything is paid for by mummy and doddy. Just as long as the dole herd get out of the way.
    Detective uncle George will hoide the evidence.
    He will also turn a blind eye to the coke dealing and will sometimes act as a supplier with coke he has taken from povs.
    God bless him.
    God bless the good people of this island too.
    They deserve our praise for being such upstanding citizens.

Generalise much Terry?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well... I have a huge problem with people who:

- Threaten/intimidate random people
    - Make life miserable for the majority of other people in their communities
    - Rob
    - Assault
    - Destroy property
    - Are able-bodied but don't bother looking for a job/doing something constructive like a Fás course, so then, tax-payers have to pay for them (I appreciate there aren't many jobs now - I'm not talking about now though, I'm talking about any time)

Now, I don't believe I have mentioned anything about: attire, background, address, school attended, etc - why? Because I don't give a flying **** about them and I don't consider them relevant. And I base my views of an individual on what they are like as people, nothing else.

But I guess I'm a judgemental snob for having a problem with the things I listed above - and I guess my mentioning of the dole means I look down on anyone who's on the dole as a last resort and through no fault of their own.

LOL :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and I can't say I know of many people (or even any actually) as described in the OP... however I do see plenty of little ****ing lowlives on the street where I live, threatening random people - I was threatened with a hammer recently, how delightful. I see plenty of broken glass from cars having their windows smashed. My neighbour's car was robbed recently. It's rare I won't get woken up at night because of fights on the street. There was a stabbing recently - that was fun. The pub across the road, which is now closed, would have kids in their uniforms hanging around all evening waiting for their parents. That wasn't a bit depressing.
    And this is a pretty nice area - it's not an area of deprivation, so eh... the reverse snobs can grow the **** up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'm asking for a name change to Skangermod.
    You're fookin' banned pal for slaggin' me ma. The rest o' yis behave while I bang me missis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Dudess wrote: »

Oh yeah, and I can't say I know of many people (or even any actually) as desribed in the OP... however I do see plenty of little ****ing lowlives on the street where I live, threatening random people - I was threatened with a hammer recently, how delightful. I see plenty of broken glass from cars having their windows smashed. My neighbour's car was robbed recently. It's rare I won't get woken up at night because of fights on the street. There was a stabbing recently - that was fun. The pub across the road, which is now closed, would have kids in their uniforms hanging around all evening waiting for their parents. That wasn't a bit depressing.
    And this is a pretty nice area - it's not an area of deprivation, so eh... the reverse snobs can grow the **** up.

Come on now... Nowhere in Cork is nice. :p

On a serious note though I agree with you, I hate all scumbags equally regardless of class etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

It's shít like this that makes me want to organise a mass exodus to some shítty little town in the middle of nowhere in America or Canada, and live like the ones in Generation X, but on a larger scale. Could basically rule the town, full of sound people who'll help each other out, and yet not be hippies.

*Places on the ExoBus are limited. Potential candidates must undergo tests and procedures to determine if certain necessary character traits are present. This does not affect your statutory rights (nothing does).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

TPD wrote: »
    It's shít like this that makes me want to organise a mass exodus to some shítty little town in the middle of nowhere in America or Canada, and live like the ones in Generation X, but on a larger scale. Could basically rule the town, full of sound people who'll help each other out, and yet not be hippies.

*Places on the ExoBus are limited. Potential candidates must undergo tests and procedures to determine if certain necessary character traits are present. This does not affect your statutory rights (nothing does).

I'll claim ya for your bus ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'll claim ya for your bus ticket.

I'm reading that in a thick Dublin accent and I don't know if its a threat or what :confused:

Well...

*cheeses it*

I really detest people who pounce to point out how someone is being a snob when they're not. The former are usually from sheltered middle-class backgrounds anyway. Some (middle-class) moron recently admonished me for being a snob - we were discussing different jobs and I expressed how I'd hate to be a street-sweeper as it seems like a really tough job, nothing else. That genius decided I was looking down on street-sweepers - I really can't see how I was doing that. No way would he even listen to me trying to explain myself - basically he wanted to see me as a snob. Lots of that sh1t on the other thread. It's sheer idiocy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I really detest people who pounce to point out how someone is being a snob when they're not.

That kind of nonsense is caused by our overly-PC, overly inclusive modern day society.

You're not allowed to consider people scumbags now because they're just people from 'disadvantaged areas' who have 'problems'. People seem to miss the fact that they're just knackerish scumbags who have nothing useful to offer society and don't want to have anything to offer.

I have to deal with these people on a day to day basis in my job and they just f*cking sicken me. Their existence is completely without worth or merit and if the just plain vanished tomorrow morning no one would miss them except for the people who now have less of their nonsense to deal with.

That kind of nonsense is caused by our overly-PC, overly inclusive modern day society.

Fun fact: People had opinions that other people didn't agree with long before the term 'PC' was coined.

Though feel free to blame the boogyman of "PC culture" for people disagreeing with you.

As for what "overly inclusive" is and why it would be a bad thing..... well i'm sure it made sense in your head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

You know the type.
    They have a big brother or uncle who is a detective in the Gardaí, their mother or father is a local politician, their parents own the local shopping centre, all the land around it and half of your town, they go to the nearest private school, they wear designer clothes bought by their mammies.

Wait a minute, you regularly come across people who.
    • Assault, rape, pillage and drunkenly mow people down at will.
    • Run cocaine dealing operations in league with their corrupt detective uncles.
    • Do all this without fear of reprisals as the state is too afraid to touch them due to their family's wealth.
    What part of Mexica did you say you are from?

• Advertisement

I don't think our society is overly PC at all. And yeah, what's the problem with inclusive? Including people would help solve a lot of problems, which are due to marginalisation. I'm not for one second justifying or excusing this behaviour, but it does go some way towards explaining some of it (not all of it though - plenty of scumbags come from very comfortable backgrounds).
    Fun fact: People had opinions that other people didn't agree with long before the term 'PC' was coined.

Though feel free to blame the boogyman of "PC culture" for people disagreeing with you.
    But you'd agree it's reasonable to object to thuggish behaviour though wouldn't you? I mean, I'm not even bringing socio-economic background into it, it's only the people who are effectively yelling "snob!" that are doing that - how classist of them.

But you'd agree it's reasonable to object to thuggish behaviour though wouldn't you? I mean, I'm not even bringing socio-economic background into it, it's only the people who are effectively yelling "snob!" that are doing that - how classist of them.

not really my point though.

People who blame <insert item here> on society being too PC are really just saying
    "HURRR I'm right and people who disagree with me are stupid because of PC-ness, thank god i'm so clever and not-PC", basically instantly justifying their position and dismissing the other without having to think too hard about it.

it's very basic "Us and Them" bullshit and frankly, fuck that noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

me i hate all that pc crap absolute nonsense - ill have my opinion on whatever. i am not saying i am correct or politically correct on my opinion but they are my opinions based on the situations i have come across in my life.. so therefore be it these threads or my conversations with people noone can say or have a right to say what i say i wrong or i am a bad person because of it until you have filled my shoes and met the people or had the conversations that i have my opinions about...

i work in a public counter and meet many people of varying nationalities and personalities and most people now are rude abrupt abusive dismisive and quite agressive bout things not everyone there are great people out there make you laugh cry and think bout stuff but people need to get over themselves abit and be more plesant to each other.

its nice to be nice - please and thank you and basic manners would be nice too...

shezzie wrote: »
    me i hate all that pc crap absolute nonsense - ill have my opinion on whatever. i am not saying i am correct or politically correct on my opinion but they are my opinions based on the situations i have come across in my life.. so therefore be it these threads or my conversations with people noone can say or have a right to say what i say i wrong or i am a bad person because of it until you have filled my shoes and met the people or had the conversations that i have my opinions about...

i work in a public counter and meet many people of varying nationalities and personalities and most people now are rude abrupt abusive dismisive and quite agressive bout things not everyone there are great people out there make you laugh cry and think bout stuff but people need to get over themselves abit and be more plesant to each other.

its nice to be nice - please and thank you and basic manners would be nice too...

I hear ye! You should try manning the emergency services some night, you would not believe the rudeness, and abuse the staff have to put up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Dumbledore wrote: »
    I would disagree with this. I would much rather be in a club with a load of D4 heads because I don't feel threatened by them, while I have been beaten up by skangers in clubs before.
    I am not sure if the OP was being sarcastic but I never hear of D4 heads committing serious crime(rape, bus-station assaults as mentioned etc), I used to work in the 4 courts and there were never any rich people in there for anything other than misdemeanours like driving offences. In fact it was always tracksuit-wearing men wit hearings and tattoos who were on trial, hardly the D4 stereotype.
    Overall I think teh country would be much better if everyone was a D4 head than a skanger. D4> knacks in my opinion, and btw Im not from D4 I am just using it as a descriptive term that everybody can relate to.

Terry was talking about the ass holes, not the nice D4s. I mates with plenty of the type, so i know they're not all cúnts.
    I have had far more trouble from rich ass holes, than from poor ass holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Sean@boards.ie

We need a thread for the good people of this island.

You see them all the time.
    You may live in a city and see them every day, or you may live in a county town and only spot them at the weekend, but they are always there.

You know the type.

Then you see them out on the town and they flaunt all of society's rules.
    The fall out of pubs completely **** faced, piss on the nearest car, attempt to rape some chick because she happens to be walking down the road in a tracksuit and they know that uncle Garda will believe them over the tracksuit girl.
    They gang up on the lone guy at the bus stop, kick the crap out of him when he tries to defen himself and then run home to <insert authority figure here> when the victim is hospitalised. They end up in court, but the judge takes their side because they went to the same creche 50 years apart.

They get into all the top places in your local town/city and throw things at you if you look a little out of place there. It's ok though, because one of their parent's owns the place.

They are given a BMW for their 17th birthday. They then run over someone, but it's ok becuase that person had pyjamas on so they were obviously a pov on the dole and therefor do not count as human. It doesn't matter that everything is paid for by mummy and doddy. Just as long as the dole herd get out of the way.
    Detective uncle George will hoide the evidence.
    He will also turn a blind eye to the coke dealing and will sometimes act as a supplier with coke he has taken from povs.
    God bless him.
    God bless the good people of this island too.
    They deserve our praise for being such upstanding citizens.

So in summary you hate scumbags and would like to point out they can come from all walks of life.

Well done. I and many others probably agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

<3 terry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Someone get "The Citizen" on the blower,he'll sort out this.

Where the fcuk is he??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Where the fcuk is he??

Sorting things out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Where the fcuk is he??

He's no spiderman. He's never on time for outbreaks of scum and generally relies on stumbling across ground zeros.

Advertisement