Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameStop - Game Only €5 When You Trade Another Game

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Oh, so maybe thats why they wouldnt take TR:L off me? It is the classic version. To the people who traded in TR:L, was it the normal or classic version?

Few more titles to look at if you can, NFS: Carbon, Guitar Hero 3, Splinter Cell Double Agent, The Darkness, Rock Band.

NFS: Carbon - Not on list
    Guitar Hero 3 - Not on list
    Splinter Cell DA - Not on list
    Darkness - Not on list
    Rock band - Not on list

I noticed above that Dez warlock traded Splinter cell so it maybe that this list is a waste of time or just not the correct list for this offer. Might be worth ringing a local gamestop before 9 and asking them direct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Anyone know if I could swap Mario Galaxy for Resident Evil 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Well so far I've traded CSI Hard Evidence and Splinter Cell for the 360 and Telly Addicts for the Wii. Check those against the list and see.

Well so far I've traded CSI Hard Evidence and Splinter Cell for the 360 and Telly Addicts for the Wii. Check those against the list and see.

I'm assuming you traded those game as part of the €5 offer, right?
    No CSI or Splintercell or Telly Addicts on this list. I guess its safe to say that the list is bogus for this purpose then. Consider it binned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Is the following on the list:
    PS3:
    Lost plannet
    The orange box
    Fifa 08

xbox 360:
    Fifa 06: road to world cup
    2006 fifa world cup

thanks mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

xbox 360:
    2006 fifa world cup

I mentioned earlier that there is no market for old sports games so I'd say there a no no. sorry.

Is the following on the list:
    PS3:
    Lost plannet
    The orange box
    Fifa 08

xbox 360:
    2006 fifa world cup

thanks mate!

The list I have seems to have no relevance to the offer in question mate so it cant be relied but anyway the xbox titles arent on it... only fifa on the list is fifa 09.

of the ps3 games only orange box is on the list. The others arent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

kendragon wrote: »
    I was given a print out from one of the lads working at my local Gamestop.
    Is Dark Sector for PS3 on the list ? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

printout? any chance of scanning it and showing us it?

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    printout? any chance of scanning it and showing us it?

There isn't any point. Its been proven in previous posts to have no relevance to the €5 offer in gamestop so it may as well be a random list of games for all the use it is here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Dcent enough collection there for the Wii. Made the mistake of getting Ninjabread Man for my son> it's awful. Will nring it back tomorrow and swap for something else. No more Heroes is part of the Wii choice

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Dcent enough collection there for the Wii. Made the mistake of getting Ninjabread Man for my son> it's awful. Will nring it back tomorrow and swap for something else. No more Heroes is part of the Wii choice

Just to let you know, if you have a HMV close to you, they were doing No More Heroes for either €11.99 or €10.99 if I remember correctly, so not too much more than the 5 euro!

Just to let you know that Both Kane and Lynch: Dead men and Lost for the Ps3 are accepted in this offer. I picked up Kane and Lynch for 9.99 pre-owned in Xtra-vision and traded it for Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe.
    I could have gotten 'Lost' in xtra-vision for another tenner and would have gotten a third game free as per their current offer on the pre-owned stuff but I didn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know if they will take these games?

XBOX 360:

Kameo
    Sega Super Stars Tennis

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have a couple of Xbox 360 games I wouldn't mind getting rid of.. but most of them (actually, all of them) are probably too old to be accepted:

- Def Jam Icon
    - Tenchu Z
    - PGR3
    - Dead Rising
    - Forza 2
    - Tom Clancy's GRAW
    - Table Tennis
    - Viva Pinata: Party Animals
    - Condemed
    - Perfect Dark Zero
    - Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
    - Dark Sector

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Dead Rising is a great game.
    I had a pretty hard time finding a second-hand copy of it, eventually found one in Gamestop in Drogheda in February. Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

basquille wrote: »
    Have a couple of Xbox 360 games I wouldn't mind getting rid of.. but most of them (actually, all of them) are probably too old to be accepted:

- Def Jam Icon
    - Tenchu Z
    - PGR3
    - Dead Rising
    - Forza 2
    - Tom Clancy's GRAW
    - Table Tennis
    - Viva Pinata: Party Animals
    - Condemed

- Perfect Dark Zero
    - Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
    - Dark Sector

The ones I highlighted are the games that you can get for €5

Swizz wrote: »
    The ones I highlighted are the games that you can get for €5
    Do you mean games I can get for a €5 (with a trade-in) or they'll accept these as trade-in against a €5 game?

Popped a message to a friend of mine (manager of Gamestop) in Sligo who said to bring them all in.. so I'll see what happens on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

Traded in Crackdown and got Burnout Paradise for a fiver with this deal in Rathmines.

Think i got the last copy, was well worth it.

jcrowbar wrote: »
    Traded in Crackdown and got Burnout Paradise for a fiver with this deal in Rathmines.

Think i got the last copy, was well worth it.
    Could never trade in my copy of Crackdown.. I that game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Does anyway know if Mass Effect can be traded in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

basquille wrote: »
    Do you mean games I can get for a €5 (with a trade-in) or they'll accept these as trade-in against a €5 game?

Popped a message to a friend of mine (manager of Gamestop) in Sligo who said to bring them all in.. so I'll see what happens on Saturday.

Yeah there in GamsStop for a fiver if you trade in a game. Not sure if you can get a game for a fiver if you trade them in.

Lemme know how you get on will ya?

Swizz wrote: »
    Lemme know how you get on will ya?
    Will do Swizz.

Probably won't get in til Saturday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

/subscribes to this thread.
    Let us know how it goes, basquille.... :)

Surprised Crackdown is on the list of tradeable games, considering I've seen it in some places for €7.95. So theoretically, you can get decent games like Fable 2, Red Alert 3 etc. for €13.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mcw92

just when in 2day.
    traded in oblivion on the ps3(normal edition), and i got dead space for a fiver. good deal if i think so.
    (they were only taking 7euro for oblivion outside of the deal)
    also they had mercenairies 2 and battlefield bad company and smackdown vs raw 2009 special edition, all on the ps3. thats all i can remember.
    also he said nearly all games were apart from old sports ones.
    he had a list of games, but as oblivion wasny oin it he just scanned it in and it worked.
    maybe that list that was going around was the same, and has only some of the games that can be traded in on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i got rid of no more heroes for Battlion Wars 2 for the 5 euro, good deal i think because its a rare wii game and i thought no more heroes was lame enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MrLeonardo

That's the Saint's Row 2: Gun Pack and not the standard ed.

Advertisement