Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameStop - Game Only €5 When You Trade Another Game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

yap make sure you have id on you because the staff are very bad for that
    Make sure you have id for what and what are the staff very bad at? Sorry I dont understand your post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

yap make sure you have id on you because the staff are very bad for that

Don't you mean very good at that?

Went in and they said Saints Row 2 and Battlefield for the xbox arnt in this offer. Got a recepit or something to show that you got them in that offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Went in and they said Saints Row 2 and Battlefield for the xbox arnt in this offer. Got a recepit or something to show that you got them in that offer.

That guy is a notorious liar who has been sitebanned several times. It's all in the spelling ;) He used to be xbox36016 and golfguy and got banned both times and has been known to post fake bargain alerts. He was also lying about the Lost game, they won't take it* so I hope anyone doesn't buy it on his advice.

*I tried this morning with my copy. They have a good range of games available for €5 but most aren't the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

proof here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39287008@N02/3613216103
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39287008@N02/3613216487
    and i am not lieing about this its real maybe they take lost out of the deal because they got to many of them?

• Advertisement

Aright fair enough, its probably gone now since that was like 2 weeks ago according to the date.

yes i no it was 2 weaks ago but did you ask for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Thanks OP... I traded Timeshift on xbox360 and got Red Alert 3 for 5euro. They wouldnt accept Bully in trade for some reason though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

kendragon wrote: »
    Thanks OP... I traded Timeshift on xbox360 and got Red Alert 3 for 5euro. They wouldnt accept Bully in trade for some reason though.

Prob after their 30 euro for games deal in april HMV had bully for 12 or 13 euro and gamestop would give you 30 loads of people went in bought in walked around the corner and traded it in :D they must have bucket loads of Bully now

Prob after their 30 euro for games deal in april HMV had bully for 12 or 13 euro and gamestop would give you 30 loads of people went in bought in walked around the corner and traded it in :D they must have bucket loads of Bully now

Agreed. Guy said that bully was in other offers but not this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mcw92

so is this offer still going or what?
    anyone know when it ends??

I say it ends at the end of June

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fol20

That guy is a notorious liar who has been sitebanned several times. It's all in the spelling ;) He used to be xbox36016 and golfguy and got banned both times and has been known to post fake bargain alerts. He was also lying about the Lost game, they won't take it* so I hope anyone doesn't buy it on his advice.

*I tried this morning with my copy. They have a good range of games available for €5 but most aren't the best.

I went into my local gamestop and they also said saints row 2 isnt in the offer.

Fol20 wrote: »
    I went into my local gamestop and they also said saints row 2 isnt in the offer.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/39287008@N02/3613216487
    link to pic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

does anyone think they will take fantastic 4 rise of the sliver surfer

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Will they accept a trade in for a different console game? For example, I have some PS3 titles, can I exchange these for XBOX360 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Just rang them. Sadly it has to be the same format :-(

So yeah, went up to get Mass Effect and Frontlines, and tried PGR 3 and TR: L, but he said theyre not allowed?! PGR3 is one of the games you can get for the €5 so I presumed it would be ok, and people here said TR:L is accepted. Whats up? Is he bull****ting me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

So yeah, went up to get Mass Effect and Frontlines, and tried PGR 3 and TR: L, but he said theyre not allowed?! PGR3 is one of the games you can get for the €5 so I presumed it would be ok, and people here said TR:L is accepted. Whats up? Is he bull****ting me?

Definately is about Tomb Raider: Legend. I traded mine in on Sunday in Gamestop in the Pavilions, Swords. Tell your branch to ring for confirmation if necessary.
    I'm not at home right now but I will try dig out the receipt if you think it will help?

• Advertisement

Cheers, I may go in tomorrow morning and see if someone else is on, I said to him Are you sure about that now? And he said if the titles name isnt on the sign we cant take it.

Cheers, I may go in tomorrow morning and see if someone else is on, I said to him Are you sure about that now? And he said if the titles name isnt on the sign we cant take it.

I was trading in some games the other day and the manager said there's literally only 10 titles that they won't take so I'd say they might have made a mistake.

I was given a print out from one of the lads working at my local Gamestop.. Its a couple of sheets, each one a different platform, that is supposed to show what games they accept in trade in. It was given to me in the context of the €5 offer but it doesnt say that anywhere on the sheet. Anyone wants to shout me a game name and platform i'll let you know if its here.. might save time going to GS. I cannot guarantee 100% that they will take your game but from looking at some of the games that werent accepted in this thread it seems to correspond.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

How about Need for Speed Pro Street on the PS3?
    Dark Sector on the 360?

**** ill be fair pissed if I go in tomorrow and Frontlines is gone, as ive been looking for that for a while.

A few new games I saw for the offer, all 360, were Bioshock, FEAR, FEAR Files, MX v ATV untamed.
    kendragon wrote: »
    I was given a print out from one of the lads working at my local Gamestop.. Its a couple of sheets, each one a different platform, that is supposed to show what games they accept in trade in. It was given to me in the context of the €5 offer but it doesnt say that anywhere on the sheet. Anyone wants to shout me a game name and platform i'll let you know if its here.. might save time going to GS. I cannot guarantee 100% that they will take your game but from looking at some of the games that werent accepted in this thread it seems to correspond.
    How about for the Xbox 360, Viva Pinata, PGR3, Far Cry Instincts, Gears of War 1, Condemned 1.

dar83 wrote: »
    How about Need for Speed Pro Street on the PS3?
    Dark Sector on the 360?

Dark Sector 360 is not on the list
    NFS Pro street PS3 is not on the list... sorry.

**** ill be fair pissed if I go in tomorrow and Frontlines is gone, as ive been looking for that for a while.

A few new games I saw for the offer, all 360, were Bioshock, FEAR, FEAR Files, MX v ATV untamed.

How about for the Xbox 360, Viva Pinata, PGR3, Far Cry Instincts, Gears of War 1, Condemned 1.

Viva Pinata - not on the list
    PGR3 - not on the list
    Far Cry Instincts - Not on the list

Gears of war - :D on the list but it shows (classic) like that in brackets. Dont know if it makes a difference.

Oh, so maybe thats why they wouldnt take TR:L off me? It is the classic version. To the people who traded in TR:L, was it the normal or classic version?

Few more titles to look at if you can, NFS: Carbon, Guitar Hero 3, Splinter Cell Double Agent, The Darkness, Rock Band.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

It was a classic version of tomb raider legend I traded in for defo

• Advertisement

Oh, so maybe thats why they wouldnt take TR:L off me? It is the classic version. To the people who traded in TR:L, was it the normal or classic version?

Few more titles to look at if you can, NFS: Carbon, Guitar Hero 3, Splinter Cell Double Agent, The Darkness, Rock Band.

They'll definitely take splinter cell as I traded that yesterday.

Advertisement