Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DJ SC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

DJ SC wrote: »

Nice, everything sitting grand but a little more level on the vocal I think 2-3dB maybe!

cheers mate

got another new thing ive been working on
    https://soundcloud.com/pathogendnb/pathogen-searching-wip

Nice flow. Probably do with a touch of filtering on the Huhoo's just to get the repetition out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

cheers mate

got another new thing ive been working on
    https://soundcloud.com/pathogendnb/pathogen-searching-wip

I'm sold on anything that has a Reese-esque bassline. Having said that I'd agree with Waffles in the vocal. It almost sounds too crisp and clean to sit with the feel of the track. Adding a bit of dirt or noise might work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭ravendude

https://soundcloud.com/user-753162920/zannah

Any feedback much appreciated :) Bits of tape emulation here and there on this one for a hint of retro, hopefully not overdone

Tracks has a good 70s disco feel to it in the beginning. Snare might be a bit high in the mix and personally I'd prefer a sharper sound to the snare.
    Very nice bassline and has a nice funky element to it.
    I'm not gone on those keys with the kind of offset delay, for me it just throws the whole track off. The straightforward keys that come in after work much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭ravendude

mordeith wrote: »
    I'm not gone on those keys with the kind of offset delay, for me it just throws the whole track off. The straightforward keys that come in after work much better.
    Do you mean the arpeggio style keys that first comes in around 49seconds in? If so there there is a texture effect on it I was a bit unsure about, maybe it does unsettle it, - it is actually nice mark 1 rhodes keys underneath and might work better on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Here’s a live chilled acid house kinda jam I did a while back while really tired hence the title!

The TR-8 will be leaving the nest and getting replaced by the TR-8S this week.

I will be building the MIDIbox SEQ V4+ sequencer soon which will allow much better live looping of MIDI, and you can check out the prototype here:

I’m also building a 4x Sega Mega Drive Synth called MIDIbox Quad Genesis:

I'm not 100% sure what's going on above but Sega sounds in a synth... yes please!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

I'm not 100% sure what's going on above but Sega sounds in a synth... yes please!

I’m not 100% sure myself! :pac:
    It’s a complex FM synth. He’s basically ripping patches/ instruments from old chiptunes allowing him to play them on the keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭NS77

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

NS77 wrote: »

This is very good man, love all the retro synth sounds and drums. Its very late 70s early 80s. What did you use to make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭NS77

keithkk16 wrote: »
    This is very good man, love all the retro synth sounds and drums. Its very late 70s early 80s. What did you use to make it?

Thanks for the feedback!

It's all done in Ableton... plenty of drum samples (no loops, apart from the percussion in the break), the bassline was done using the Steinberg Model-E VST and most of the other synths are the TAL-U-No-LX VST.

Listening back now, I need to sort out some of the drum sounds, tone down the splashy reverb and pop a glue compressor on the drum buss :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mark C

Retated topic
    I have a Roland drum machine that i want to use in my tracks, how do I connect it up?
    I have a mac with logic and the audio interface is an apogee quartet. Im aware that if the machine had midi it would solve the problem, but is there a way to just run the sound in as an audio file?
    Cheers

Mark C wrote: »
    Retated topic
    I have a Roland drum machine that i want to use in my tracks, how do I connect it up?
    I have a mac with logic and the audio interface is an apogee quartet. Im aware that if the machine had midi it would solve the problem, but is there a way to just run the sound in as an audio file?
    Cheers

Well there must be some sort of audio out on the Roland. More than likely a 1/4" jack. Looks like the Quartet has combo XLR/1/4" inputs so you should just be able to run directly into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Finally got round to finishing this :)

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Finally got round to finishing this :)

Is the video you own? Nicely shot and suits the track well. Track itself is a nice early club tune. Sounds well polished and nicely produced overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Is the video you own? Nicely shot and suits the track well. Track itself is a nice early club tune. Sounds well polished and nicely produced overall.
    Thanks Mordeith, appreciate it :)

I done up the video myself, I'm signed up to a site where they have loads of different videos that you can use for your own productions. The video itself is about 9 different shots that I tied all in.

Overall I'm well pleased with how it came out.

• Advertisement

I made a techno thing 128bpm
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/bunatee

keithkk16 wrote: »
    I made a techno thing 128bpm
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/bunatee

Toe tapping goodness. When all the elements are together it flows very well. Some nice percussion programming. The only thing I don't like personally is that guiro sound that plays at 0.31 and a few other places.
    What kind of automation have you at the start of the main melody loops. Is a combo of volume and filter? Works well in any event.

Toe tapping goodness. When all the elements are together it flows very well. Some nice percussion programming. The only thing I don't like personally is that guiro sound that plays at 0.31 and a few other places.
    What kind of automation have you at the start of the main melody loops. Is a combo of volume and filter? Works well in any event.

Thanks Mordeith. I was going for some Alien like sounds with the guiro thing :P
    Yeah the start is a combination of a filter on the main synth and then cutting out the low eq on some of the pad/drones like a filter so they all rise at the same time at the start then all come together when the hi hats come in. I hope that made sense:rolleyes:

Pretty sweet bit more length and a tad less distortion on the kick imo. Second listen think it might be the distortion on the hats actually, something not sitting right there, can't put my finger on it.

Small tweaks though and your there!

Suitably discordant! I thought the overdrive crackle on the dub bass was a bit too much when it comes in but it adds to the track when it's all working together.

https://soundcloud.com/subbed/carousel

Finally managed to get something finished

https://soundcloud.com/subbed/carousel

Finally managed to get something finished

Tis a banger! Hoping it would get more trancier there towards the end with slightly more length. Nice touch on the outro though! That vox is setting the tone for a much more quieter chilled out breakdown there.

Tis a banger! Hoping it would get more trancier there towards the end with slightly more length. Nice touch on the outro though! That vox is setting the tone for a much more quieter chilled out breakdown there.

Yeah, I gave up trying to come with a better melody after the break!
    Probably right about the break itself as well. Should have maybe extended it with a longer pad section.

• Advertisement

Sorry no track, but the forum has seen better days...

Any of you see the new FabFilter Pro Q3. The stuff they've added to it is really quite incredible.
    I plan on getting probably in the New Year but its rendering a few other plug-ins I use useless.

Advertisement