Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Homerbailon

Hey guys

Here is a new track made by me, It's a techno with a acid line bass, I'm not a professional, but I'd like to get some feedback to keep improving in this field

Check it in my soundcloud

soundcloud rubenh - untitled_2

thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Hey guys

Here is a new track made by me, It's a techno with a acid line bass, I'm not a professional, but I'd like to get some feedback to keep improving in this field

Check it in my soundcloud

soundcloud rubenh - untitled_2

thanks a million

Old skool techno kick there. Acid line is nice althoug it's a bit clean sounding for my own personal taste. I think the mix could do with a bit of work. After the drop at 3.37 the acid line overly dominates the track and the kick the some of the percussion like the clap sound a bit far back if you know what I mean.
    Solid enough overall.

Great sound and some solid production. Quite JMJ sounding in places which is no bad thing. I'm not gone on the vocal at 3.51 to be honest. Just doesn't sit right for me. Maybe if it had a high-pass filter on it?
    Apart from that really nice. Nice tight kick and arepeggiation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

mordeith wrote: »
    Great sound and some solid production. Quite JMJ sounding in places which is no bad thing. I'm not gone on the vocal at 3.51 to be honest. Just doesn't sit right for me. Maybe if it had a high-pass filter on it?
    Apart from that really nice. Nice tight kick and arepeggiation.

sound! had a bit of hassle with that alright, whenever i high passed it it vanished :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Lovely start to the track. The snare and hats could do with some eq to bring them out in the mix. Some nice lower end sounds in there but perhaps the arrangement is a bit disjointed at times. Like there is a rally nice section from approx 1.20 - 1.40 but then that bassline just drops in and feels slightly out of time with the kick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Lovely start to the track. The snare and hats could do with some eq to bring them out in the mix. Some nice lower end sounds in there but perhaps the arrangement is a bit disjointed at times. Like there is a rally nice section from approx 1.20 - 1.40 but then that bassline just drops in and feels slightly out of time with the kick.

Cheers, will work on it. I just put it up as i appear to be the king of messing about and not finishing tracks.

Nice one!

slight rework, still working on it though

https://soundcloud.com/violenceontv/hidden-1

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Something newish from myself, It's a bit different to what I'd usually do. Techno style on this one kind of. https://soundcloud.com/sleepsound2/sleepsound-dipped-in

Cheers, will work on it. I just put it up as i appear to be the king of messing about and not finishing tracks.

Nice one!

slight rework, still working on it though

https://soundcloud.com/violenceontv/hidden-1

Sounding a bit sharper alright.

• Advertisement

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Something newish from myself, It's a bit different to what I'd usually do. Techno style on this one kind of. https://soundcloud.com/sleepsound2/sleepsound-dipped-in

It's a bit of a grower. I love the vocal. Really adds a bit of depth. My only suggestion would be maybe add a touch of reverb to the bassline with the wet mix low, just to to fatten it up a bit. I'm only saying this as it is something I'd try if I was making the track. It may not be suitable.

It's a bit of a grower. I love the vocal. Really adds a bit of depth. My only suggestion would be maybe add a touch of reverb to the bassline with the wet mix low, just to to fatten it up a bit. I'm only saying this as it is something I'd try if I was making the track. It may not be suitable.

Bring in the vocal a bit earlier maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ling-zing

**Edit,re-jiged the arrangement a bit**

long time lurker,

its a track,done all with u-he new hive vst,for the monthly One Synth Challenge on kvr

https://soundcloud.com/ere2learn/ere2learn-circles-sc-edit-deux

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Wondered if I could get some feedback on a recent master for a track coming out soon on an EP. I need feedback on the actual sound of the master rather than the track itself, though comments are appreciated of course!

https://soundcloud.com/geisha-1/project-machine/s-bpuHL

If anything, I think it needs a touch more bottom end, to make it a bit chunkier. I mean, its there, but it might need just a smidgen more.

Cheers!

ling-zing wrote: »
    **Edit,re-jiged the arrangement a bit**

long time lurker,

its a track,done all with u-he new hive vst,for the monthly One Synth Challenge on kvr

https://soundcloud.com/ere2learn/ere2learn-circles-sc-edit-deux

Yeah, decent track. Nice bassline. I've done one or two of the OSC in the past. It's always the percussion that sounds weakest when you have to generate them from a soft synth.

Wondered if I could get some feedback on a recent master for a track coming out soon on an EP. I need feedback on the actual sound of the master rather than the track itself, though comments are appreciated of course!

https://soundcloud.com/geisha-1/project-machine/s-bpuHL

If anything, I think it needs a touch more bottom end, to make it a bit chunkier. I mean, its there, but it might need just a smidgen more.

Cheers!

On first listen it does seem a bit top heavy in the higher frequencies, bordering on harsh in places. I'll have another listen on a different setup and let you know later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭ling-zing

Yeah, decent track. Nice bassline. I've done one or two of the OSC in the past. It's always the percussion that sounds weakest when you have to generate them from a soft synth.

yeah percussion can be tricky alright,some of the guys over there have great sound design ability for them

On first listen it does seem a bit top heavy in the higher frequencies, bordering on harsh in places. I'll have another listen on a different setup and let you know later on.

OK, yeah it was EQ-ed very bright and the mid was very muddy in the mix so that was brought out too.

OK, yeah it was EQ-ed very bright and the mid was very muddy in the mix so that was brought out too.

On second listen it's really only around 4.15 - 4.20 (high pitch organ sound) that seems overly bright.
    Regarding the bottom end I would agree with you that it needs more beef.

On second listen it's really only around 4.15 - 4.20 (high pitch organ sound) that seems overly bright.
    Regarding the bottom end I would agree with you that it needs more beef.

Cool, thanks. It needs a few other things too I reckon. Less reverb on the side channel drums, a bit more mid-tidying up as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Freedom Square

Hey guys, I've been producing for roughly 7 years now, I make all my own drum loops which is a rare thing these days, I also design most of my own sounds and effects.

I got into deep house with elements of acid and techno about a year ago having spent some time doing experimental stuff before that. Deep house is what I was searching for as to me deep house is experimental music with a 4/4 beat. It's electronic music for connoisseurs and it hasn't been commercially poisoned like other genres just yet.

I'm have real trouble getting heard as I don't DJ myself so I'm grateful for any feedback (without hi-jacking the thread) in PM here or on soundcloud. I'm also looking to connect with other producers or DJs that would like to play my tracks or have me ghost produce for them or anyone in my area (Letterkenny) that would like lessons in the nitty gritty of music production rather than the commonly accepted method of using loops.

Here is a link to my soundcloud where you will find most of my best work.

www[DOT]soundcloud[DOT]com/freedomsquare

My standout tracks are "Polarity" which is a harmonic progressive house tune. I actually recorded the vocals from O2 customer service. Who said call centres were useless?

I have a track called "Spin" which was my first venture into the more groovey genre of deep house.

I have a track called "Das Kino" which has actually been released and has influences of German Techno over a tech-house beat.

I have one called "Perspective" which has an old-school progressive vibe to it.

I got really carried away bashing the drums with "In My Mind". Sort of deep tribal techno.

Finally there is a track called "Wire In" which actually got a like from Rui Da Silva himself which I was chuffed about. It's a slow soulful tune.

I have many more tracks that are also on soundcloud and many that aren't. There have been many times that I thought my career was about to begin, such as my first release and gaining a favourite from somebody as high up as Rui Da Silva, but still it seems that my music is made for myself and a small group of friends, so if you like the music any support or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and I really look forward to talking to you and hearing your music or mixes.

Marc.

Hey guys, I've been producing for roughly 7 years now, I make all my own drum loops which is a rare thing these days, I also design most of my own sounds and effects.

I got into deep house with elements of acid and techno about a year ago having spent some time doing experimental stuff before that. Deep house is what I was searching for as to me deep house is experimental music with a 4/4 beat. It's electronic music for connoisseurs and it hasn't been commercially poisoned like other genres just yet.

I'm have real trouble getting heard as I don't DJ myself so I'm grateful for any feedback (without hi-jacking the thread) in PM here or on soundcloud. I'm also looking to connect with other producers or DJs that would like to play my tracks or have me ghost produce for them or anyone in my area (Letterkenny) that would like lessons in the nitty gritty of music production rather than the commonly accepted method of using loops.

Marc.

"I make all my own drum loops which is a rare thing these days, I also design most of my own sounds and effects."

I'd say most of the lads on here and myself do the same thing.

Well Marc all I can say is we're all on the same boat when it comes to trying to get or music heard, it's not easy. The best thing to do in my opinion and what I have done is get out to gigs and meet people that have a similar taste to yourself ask questions make friends, tell them you also make music, it takes time but everything does, nothings gonna happen overnight. I use to live in Belfast and it was great for gigs and meeting people but now I'm like yourself living in Donegal and it is probably one of the worst places for music unless you're mad into pub folk music or Irish music, there's nothing happening here with Electronic music. Even in a town the size of Letterkenny people would rather pay 15 or 20 euro to get there picture taken with some soap star than pay to see a great Dj or band. Letterkenny badly needs something for us Electronic heads.

Well thats my 2 cents anyway man, It's hard work when you really start to think about what you really want out of it. Saying that best of luck out there it's a tough game :)

Ps soundcloud is being a bit of ballbag today, I'll try and get a listen when it's working properly.

"I make all my own drum loops which is a rare thing these days, I also design most of my own sounds and effects."

I'd say most of the lads on here and myself do the same thing.

Well Marc all I can say is we're all on the same boat when it comes to trying to get or music heard, it's not easy. The best thing to do in my opinion and what I have done is get out to gigs and meet people that have a similar taste to yourself ask questions make friends, tell them you also make music, it takes time but everything does, nothings gonna happen overnight. I use to live in Belfast and it was great for gigs and meeting people but now I'm like yourself living in Donegal and it is probably one of the worst places for music unless you're mad into pub folk music or Irish music, there's nothing happening here with Electronic music. Even in a town the size of Letterkenny people would rather pay 15 or 20 euro to get there picture taken with some soap star than pay to see a great Dj or band. Letterkenny badly needs something for us Electronic heads.

Well thats my 2 cents anyway man, It's hard work when you really start to think about what you really want out of it. Saying that best of luck out there it's a tough game :)

Ps soundcloud is being a bit of ballbag today, I'll try and get a listen when it's working properly.

I'm delighted to know that I'm not alone as far as drums go. I reserve a lot of antipathy for the use of loops, mostly because it causes a lot of confusion among beginners who think they are better than they are, or, that more experienced people aren't as good as they are (take your pick). It takes a long time to learn to make a drum loop sound good and it's completely disregarded in certain circles.

You couldn't be more spot on as regards what's happening with music in Donegal. Drunk under-agers are kept very well entertained in Letterkenny lol

The trouble is, like a lot of musicians who make extreme sacrifices for their art, I'm BROKE! I can't afford to go to gigs and meets. I'm caught in a trap right now if the truth be told. I'm losing my drive and gaining disgust as time goes on.

Soundcloud is being a ballbag today alright! Send me your soundcloud and I'll check it out too. Cheers mate.

I'm delighted to know that I'm not alone as far as drums go. I reserve a lot of antipathy for the use of loops, mostly because it causes a lot of confusion among beginners who think they are better than they are, or, that more experienced people aren't as good as they are (take your pick). It takes a long time to learn to make a drum loop sound good and it's completely disregarded in certain circles.

You couldn't be more spot on as regards what's happening with music in Donegal. Drunk under-agers are kept very well entertained in Letterkenny lol

The trouble is, like a lot of musicians who make extreme sacrifices for their art, I'm BROKE! I can't afford to go to gigs and meets. I'm caught in a trap right now if the truth be told. I'm losing my drive and gaining disgust as time goes on.

Soundcloud is being a ballbag today alright! Send me your soundcloud and I'll check it out too. Cheers mate.

Some nice tracks you have on your page. I'd be more into the techno based tracks. The progressive stuff wouldn't be my cup of tea, sounds are good but some tracks have the synths overpowering the drums a bit.

I'm with Keith on this. I don't think I have ever used a loop. Moatly because I want control over how percussion is built in my tracks.
    to me deep house is experimental music with a 4/4 beat. It's electronic music for connoisseurs and it hasn't been commercially poisoned like other genres just yet.
    I can't agree with that personally as once you have a 4/4 beat is ceases to be experimental in the true leftfield sense of the word. A lot of deep house is incredibly boring. People dismiss trance and dubstep but in all genres of dance music there is genuine creative talent.
    I have many more tracks that are also on soundcloud and many that aren't. There have been many times that I thought my career was about to begin, such as my first release and gaining a favourite from somebody as high up as Rui Da Silva, but still it seems that my music is made for myself and a small group of friends, so if you like the music any support or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I would like nothing better than to produce a well received track that might one night get a room full of clubbers dancing :cool:
    However like yourself it's just friends, the guys on this forum and and individuals who might stumble across my Soundcloud that get to hear em. I'm not that bothered as the creation of music is satisfaction enough for me.

I had a listen to some of your tracks there. They are very cleanly produced and some interesting hits and fx contained in some. I didn't listen to any fully through (they are fairly on the longish side, common enough for the deep house tracks I know)

Some nice tracks you have on your page. I'd be more into the techno based tracks. The progressive stuff wouldn't be my cup of tea, sounds are good but some tracks have the synths overpowering the drums a bit.

I hears ya, I've just been doing different styles to explore different techniques. I sorta landed there from trance after it went tits up into EDM and became music for drunk children. I've been getting deeper and darker lately but it's all just exploration, developing all the time.

I've been listening to some of your stuff there, I went straight for your originals and there's some whacky stuff going on in there, Vinewood really stands out, very experimental. All your originals are good.

Man it's irritating how quickly this site logs you out. I have to copy this message, login, go back to this topic and paste this in and then continue writing so that I can quote another message.

I'm with Keith on this. I don't think I have ever used a loop. Moatly because I want control over how percussion is built in my tracks.

I can't agree with that personally as once you have a 4/4 beat is ceases to be experimental in the true leftfield sense of the word. A lot of deep house is incredibly boring. People dismiss trance and dubstep but in all genres of dance music there is genuine creative talent.

I would like nothing better than to produce a well received track that might one night get a room full of clubbers dancing :cool:
    However like yourself it's just friends, the guys on this forum and and individuals who might stumble across my Soundcloud that get to hear em. I'm not that bothered as the creation of music is satisfaction enough for me.

I had a listen to some of your tracks there. They are very cleanly produced and some interesting hits and fx contained in some. I didn't listen to any fully through (they are fairly on the longish side, common enough for the deep house tracks I know)

It's refreshing to hear people say that about the drums becomes I've been ridiculed on another forum quite recently when I tried to get that point across about the drums. I claim that the track doesn't belong to you if you use drum loops because the track is built around something that isn't yours. Then there's the need for control and of course the all important skills and knowledge that drum loops require.

I got into the music through trance but it's gone to hell in a canoe really, even the word gets you funny looks these days unless it's a 15 year old girl who thinks you mean David Guetta.

Well, I agree with you about the 4/4 being decided so it's not completely experimental but generally deep house listeners are more prepared for experimental sounds and melodies. They're not braced for the stereotype like in a lot of other genres of music.

From the first time I heard Paul Van Dyk - For an Angel (which I now am 99% sure was ghost produced) I've wanted to make electronic music, where my friends who were into the music instantly wanted to DJ with it, I wanted to make it. To make a few quid off it would be nice but to have it appreciated is another thing entirely. Anyway, cheers for listening, have you got a link to yours?

I got into the music through trance but it's gone to hell in a canoe really, even the word gets you funny looks these days unless it's a 15 year old girl who thinks you mean David Guetta.
    There sure is a lot of crap out there now. Guetta was actualy good in his early days.
    From the first time I heard Paul Van Dyk - For an Angel (which I now am 99% sure was ghost produced) I've wanted to make electronic music, where my friends who were into the music instantly wanted to DJ with it, I wanted to make it. To make a few quid off it would be nice but to have it appreciated is another thing entirely. Anyway, cheers for listening, have you got a link to yours?

Yeah sure. Have al listen. I wouldn't be happy with the earlier stuff on there at this stage but hopeefully the overall list shows some progression :rolleyes:
    http://www.soundcloud.com/subbed

Lost is a cool tune man, very old school. That vocal sounds like Stevie Nicks, very nice.

Thought I was tripping when Back to Erin came on, very interesting. Sirius too, very old school, nice melody, I can really hear the trance in it. Echo is nice too.

You've got too much to listen to but good work.

• Advertisement

I hears ya, I've just been doing different styles to explore different techniques. I sorta landed there from trance after it went tits up into EDM and became music for drunk children. I've been getting deeper and darker lately but it's all just exploration, developing all the time.

I've been listening to some of your stuff there, I went straight for your originals and there's some whacky stuff going on in there, Vinewood really stands out, very experimental. All your originals are good.

Man it's irritating how quickly this site logs you out. I have to copy this message, login, go back to this topic and paste this in and then continue writing so that I can quote another message.

Yeah things are a bit messed up for new users on here. It use to be grand.

Cheers man these days I'm pretty much producing house and techno and trying to make it slightly experimental but, also making it work on a dancefloor. I'm enjoying it and that's the main thing. Seriously considering deleteing most of the songs on my soundcloud cause most of them are over 3 years old and I just cringe when listening back now.

If you ever hear of any good raves or looking for people to get involved in getting something happening in Donegal give me a shout:)

Advertisement