Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand off at Caseys halting site...yet again people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

I heard in work today that there was trouble down at the locke bar over the weekend. They were not allowed in and they started chucking the chairs outside into the river. Is that true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

As i said no doubt their scum but surely most pubs would spot them a mile away,they must be sick of getting refused so would they not stick drinking in their compound.i was doing some googling i see one of them use to get an irish sports grant for boxing...more waste of money on scum

Are they the same Caseys that killed a barman in limerick couple of years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Are they the same Caseys that killed a barman in limerick couple of years back?

an unrelated family, with the saem surname but form the same area as far as i know.
    i could be wrong.

Check out this link everyone the scumbags even have housing committees set up for them,while us normal folk have to rent or buy or your parents have to work hard

http://www.limerickcity.ie/Housing/TravellerAccommodationProgramme2008-2013/Thefile,9932,en.pdf
    and our casey friends make the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

We had a few grace our door tonight, they didn't get in as we had it locked and moved on without kicking it in as they did last Sunday week ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 times'a'wastin

I have to drive past the Casey's house on the Old Cork road a lot and they are always causing trouble, i dont know how many times they have pulled out in front of me causing me to slam the breaks and then they start sticking their fingers up at me as if im the wrong. They park all over the road and just dont care.

They act like they own the place and like we owe them something. I do find them intimidating and wouldnt like to get on the wrong side of them

jmccoy wrote: »
    We had a few grace our door tonight, they didn't get in as we had it locked and moved on without kicking it in as they did last Sunday week ago.

Tough work i bet,Jmccoy what do you do if they walk into the pub?are the guards helpful?

so where did the caseys did up going for this funeral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I have to drive past the Casey's house on the Old Cork road a lot and they are always causing trouble, i dont know how many times they have pulled out in front of me causing me to slam the breaks and then they start sticking their fingers up at me as if im the wrong. They park all over the road and just dont care.

Next time that happens, don't even give a thought to the brakes. If travellers are stupid enough to jump in front of traffic, its no harm if they eventually learn the outcomes of such activity.

God knows the bastards have enough money to pay out compo anyway! :)

Tough work i bet,Jmccoy what do you do if they walk into the pub?are the guards helpful?

so where did the caseys did up going for this funeral?

If its one or two refuse, if more walk out or hide. :eek:

To be honest, the guards are very slow to respond to reports of violence, they usually turn up after the fact to clean up.

If its one or two refuse, if more walk out or hide. :eek:

To be honest, the guards are very slow to respond to reports of violence, they usually turn up after the fact to clean up.

If there was huge gangs of them on the move like say over a funeral would the guards on be keeping an eye on them where their going?like if they told pubs close then they wouldnt be called to trouble later with them?How do they go from pub to pub in taxi's or drink driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Ok sorry it just sounded that way,well it seems he was not able to reason with them and i doubt he was an angel himself

Im sure your right, far from an angel..

Stab*City wrote: »
    Im sure your right, far from an angel..

And you mean?just saying going on what the people from the area have nothing good to say about them can you understand why people would think that.if you can confirm different that would be good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

irishvamp90 - are you doing an investigative piece for some newspaper or gathering intelligence for a vigalente group, cause all these questions about their motives,how they go about,how they get into places, makes it sound like it :D

-the fact is pubs let each other know when they are around and shut their doors. it's usually events like funderals which cause them to come out in big numbers.
    -in small no's they usually dont cause trouble and some pubs let them in (even those with bouncers). and in small no's they go away if asked usually.
    -those unlucky enough to be caught out by a large group of them (they come in, in 2's and 3's), usually ring the cops. my experience is the cops respond pretty quickly and it helps if you know a detective on duty.
    -how they go about is probably on foot. limerick is a small city. and they probably don't go about all together which is why you hear about them in various bars.
    -people have nothing good to say about them because they are louts who live off the social welfare system, are involved in drug dealing and intimidation, think they are above the law, and cause trouble when and where they see fit (not just in pubs).
    -they are associated with one of the major crime families in Limerick
    -rumours are, and they are only rumours is some of them are rats, hence suspended or very lenient sentances when convicted

That's all I have to say about them.

Sorry some of my family have had some problems with them because a few members of this family got a free house beside them and its bringing alot of problems.i'll stop

Mate, I'm sorry to hear that and I didn't mean to offend you. hence the smiley. I hope they get it sorted. Start by complaining to the council, the cops and your local TD or councillor. 3 families where I live were moved out over anti-social behaviour, all mainly due to talking to my local councillor after receiving a petition from residents, local business's, parish priest etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Jeez this thread is a free for all, I was banned off another forum for referring to them with the P word!! I saw a couple of them in the cresent today... they were just so appauling I had to say it to someone... Not advocating violence or anything but is there anyway to administer chemical castration??

Well any of the comments I made on this thread regarding this group were facts I observed myself over years of dealing with these "people". And at least 1 person in this thread has an ongoing problem with them.

They're not travellers they're subhuman and the sooner they are treated that way the better.

I was always sceptical of the travelling community until I was in an environment where I had to mingle with them as part of my job and all I can say is that it is a minority like the Caseys that gives them a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

ye all seem to recognise these lads when ye see them, how come lads? what seperates these vermin as standing out from ure average scumbag waa?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I was always sceptical of the travelling community until I was in an environment where I had to mingle with them as part of my job and all I can say is that it is a minority like the Caseys that gives them a bad name.

You are right there I think. Also, furthermore, it is certain individuals within the Caseys setup that are responsible.

The only hope of addressing the traveller issue boils down to two things:
    1. An end to discrimination towards travellers in the settled community (you seem to understand this already mccoy:)).
    2. An end to the 'different' approach taken by the authorities to traveller community criminality. Full rigours of the law I say for those who step outside it. No exceptions.

There needs to be evident leadership in both communities to drive these. Structures are clear in the settled community but I think Pavee Point could do more in terms of building unity and consensus within the travelling community against criminality and push self-policing. Self-policing requires the decent travellers confronting the drugdealing, hostelrysmashing, houseburgling element and saying that it is not OK and there will be no omertá to protect them.

There is a chicken/egg problem there yes, but no point being defeatist either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I doubt that very much, they are all tarred with the one brush for good reason.

They're not travellers they're subhuman and the sooner they are treated that way the better.

What job did you have to mingle with travellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ohknee

Sorry some of my family have had some problems with them because a few members of this family got a free house beside them and its bringing alot of problems.i'll stop

.This crowd have a network throughout Munster with members in Tralee and Cork city.But it seems they have the numbers in Limerick which allows them to shall we say "enhance their reputation".

What job did you have to mingle with travellers?

Bar trade.

You can't discriminate against people on the grounds of memebership of the travelling community, you must serve them unless they have / have known to have caused trouble. I have discovered that this law is in place for good reason.

Bar trade.

You can't discriminate against people on the grounds of memebership of the travelling community, you must serve them unless they have / have known to have caused trouble. I have discovered that this law is in place for good reason.

That law sounds like its against bar staff??Did you see one of them got a write up in this weeks leader for sport,must be regeneration p.r

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Bar trade.

Why is this law in place for a very good reason?

I too work in a bar for the last 10 years in the city. I have never once served a traveller that i didnt know and i never will (i lie i did once by accident, with in 5 mins there were 5 of them in there, at this point i closed the outside door and served the few i had inside. Luckily there was only a small bit of hassle with them). There are ways and means of legally refusing them should you wich to do so.

I live 50 yards from the casey site. 90 % of them are scum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

That law sounds like its against bar staff??Did you see one of them got a write up in this weeks leader for sport,must be regeneration p.r

Several of them are very good boxers in fairness and train very very hard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I used to work in Champers Off Licence by Catheral Place a few years back. The Caseys were always coming in, they didn't cause much trouble, but they did go about kicking down the door one night after 11 when we were closed when we wouldn't open up to serve them.