Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology HL/OL

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Claypigeon wrote: »
    I don't think you need to know; the agar is kind of a bland color naturally as far as I know and then (I'm guessing you're doing the Yeast expt) the yeasts manifest as pinkish patches/blobs within the agar after a while!

aye pink colonies is what they are.

tomorrow's make or break for me. i need an A2 in order to be one step closer to my points. a few Rosary's tonight me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

celtic723 wrote: »
    a few Rosary's tonight me thinks.

Or, you know, you could just study instead of wasting your time. One will help you tomorrow, one will not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭piggies

ive been studying since 4 i had to give up......still haven't covered the senses, skeleton, viruses, defense system OR the experiments!

haven't revised human repro. either..........

early start 2mro :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

aye pink colonies is what they are.

tomorrow's make or break for me. i need an A2 in order to be one step closer to my points. a few Rosary's tonight me thinks.

lol

Any pointers on what you yourself are focusing on?

I took some time to go over the yeast expt, the anatomy of the heart, immoblisation of enzymes (let me test myself here, erm, sodium alginate and calcium chloride?), application of immobilisation, read over predator/prey stuff in Ecology.

At a loss so as to what to do next.

Now that I read the above post, what should I know from Human Repro?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I'm not looking forward to this... I could potentially get an A but it really depends on how bad the paper is.

• Advertisement

lol

Any pointers on what you yourself are focusing on?

I took some time to go over the yeast expt, the anatomy of the heart, immoblisation of enzymes (let me test myself here, erm, sodium alginate and calcium chloride?), application of immobilisation, read over predator/prey stuff in Ecology.

At a loss so as to what to do next.

Now that I read the above post, what should I know from Human Repro?

i'm banking on my knowledge of the experiments to get me full marks there.

Yeast Exp
    Immobilisation one
    Nutrient Agar

chapters:

Reproduction
    Viruses
    Vegetative Propagation
    Blood
    Heart
    Breathing
    Respiration
    Photoshynthesis
    Genetic Engineering
    DNA and RNA
    Variation And Evolution
    plus the usual unit one ****e.

should be alright but i hope i get my A2.

and to the poster who questioned the legitimacy of God, YOUR a fool..

i'm banking on my knowledge of the experiments to get me full marks there.

Yeast Exp
    Immobilisation one
    Nutrient Agar

chapters:

Reproduction
    Viruses
    Vegetative Propagation
    Blood
    Heart
    Breathing
    Respiration
    Photoshynthesis
    Genetic Engineering
    DNA and RNA
    Variation And Evolution
    plus the usual unit one ****e.

should be alright but i hope i get my A2.

and to the poster who questioned the legitimacy of God, YOUR a fool..

By "nutrient agar" which expt do you mean?

Thanks for that list I'll check it with my own and see.

What's that about the legitimacy of God? :S

edit: Just read that post; to be fair if you think saying prayers will make you know things you don't know you're asking a bit much o;
    I'm not Christian but I still think you're expecting a lot to get an A2 with the Rosary being said :P

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

any ideas on what i should glance over would help me thanks

By "nutrient agar" which expt do you mean?

Thanks for that list I'll check it with my own and see.

What's that about the legitimacy of God? :S

starch agar or skimmed milk.

someone questioned his legitimacy. ****

trust me it helps alot. it has done so far.

has anyone learned the senses - the eye the ear etc.?

it's never come up...im praying it doesn't tho!

• Advertisement

starch agar or skimmed milk.

someone questioned his legitimacy. ****

Must look at that one don't remember it at all.

On that "God" note, people don't have to be Christian nor Atheist to post here so there's no need to take up a fight because someone pointed out saying a prayer won't get you an A2 in the LC O:

piggies wrote: »
    has anyone learned the senses - the eye the ear etc.?

it's never come up...im praying it doesn't tho!

look over it cant see it popping up although after the Ruraíocht coming up in the Stair ne Gaeilge for Irish you can't trust that exam board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

FOr some reason I am dreading this, im doing HL and got 61% in the mocks, but in my head I am constantly feeling that I am going to fail, as I havnt really done that much studying. Well im off to bed, to get up at 6 and do more study.

I only got 56% but did no study prior to the morning it was on and skipped loads of stuff, I find it easy but it's just sooo boring |:

Celtic I can't find this skimmed milk one you're on about, checked my revision book expt contents and no sign, what's the "proper" title?

good luck to everyone tomorrow here's to hoping it's straightforward and very A'able.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Purple Funk

Someone who questions the legitimacy of God is a fool? I think not.

There are those who are worried about failing Biology. The course is huge, but the exam itself really is quite easy due to the way in which questions are asked. In fact, I think Biology is one of the subjects to get an A1 in if you have a sufficient teacher. However, we all know how rare those are.:rolleyes:

For helpful advice, look at what has been tipped to come up by users here or elsewhere. Preferably use your own notes or something with all the key points in a concentrated area. Looking at a chapter in the textbook makes it seem huge and intimidating when all you need is a few points of information.

The majority of you know a lot more than you think you do, I'm sure you'll be fine.

hormones in the menstrual cycle are the main thing in repro system and the diagrams of the male and female repro systems.

Someone who questions the legitimacy of God is a fool? I think not.

There are those who are worried about failing Biology. The course is huge, but the exam itself really is quite easy due to the way in which questions are asked. In fact, I think Biology is one of the subjects to get an A1 in if you have a sufficient teacher. However, we all know how rare those are.:rolleyes:

For helpful advice, look at what has been tipped to come up by users here or elsewhere. Preferably use your own notes or something with all the key points in a concentrated area. Looking at a chapter in the textbook makes it seem huge and intimidating when all you need is a few points of information.

The majority of you know a lot more than you think you do, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Yeah I'm reading over the revision book, an old ReviseWise one and it's quite good.

The point about questioning God as you phrase it is quite funny actually since any "proper" Christian should be pas the point where they're unquestioningly begging for things.
    hormones in the menstrual cycle are the main thing in repro system and the diagrams of the male and female repro systems.

Thanks! Just to label them I take it?

you've been asked to draw them aswell so I'd know both!

Yeah I'm reading over the revision book, an old ReviseWise one and it's quite good.

The point about questioning God as you phrase it is quite funny actually since any "proper" Christian should be pas the point where they're unquestioningly begging for things.

Thanks! Just to label them I take it?

i'm not begging i'm merely asking for all the help i can get. if someone offerered you the chance to learn a chapter a minute and never forget it i'm sure you'd go back for more.

on the note of them revise wise books they leave out alot of important stuff and include alot of crap so your best bet is use it with the book.

• Advertisement

you've been asked to draw them aswell so I'd know both!

Ah damn okay thanks... I can see it now, me drawing the male genitals. Just:

teh bellend
    v
    8==D
    ^
    family jewels.

Sad part, it won't even turn out to just that standard.

Time for bed, I nid sleepz
    i'm not begging i'm merely asking for all the help i can get. if someone offerered you the chance to learn a chapter a minute and never forget it i'm sure you'd go back for more.

on the note of them revise wise books they leave out alot of important stuff and include alot of crap so your best bet is use it with the book.

You think "someone" is going to offer you the power to learn off entire chapters? |: I must be dreaming already!

everytime i study or practice drawing the male my dad just happens to walk in haha he must think like that lad in superbad!

yes im off to bed too nitey nite to everyone and good luck 2mro!

ps dont forget the role of ATP :p

Ah damn okay thanks... I can see it now, me drawing the male genitals. Just:

teh bellend
    v
    8==D
    ^
    family jewels.

Sad part, it won't even turn out to just that standard.

Time for bed, I nid sleepz

You think "someone" is going to offer you the power to learn off entire chapters? |: I must be dreaming already!

you know what i'm getting at maybe not the best example but you get my drift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

you know what i'm getting at maybe not the best example but you get my drift.

To drop or not?

I got 35 percent in my higher level mock and I don't know much I've improved since. I definately know photo and respiration better cos I got grinds in them.

I can't deicide weather to sit the honours paper or not?

To drop or not?

I got 35 percent in my higher level mock and I don't know much I've improved since. I definately know photo and respiration better cos I got grinds in them.

I can't deicide weather to sit the honours paper or not?

decide in the morning. see how you feel when you go into the exam room and if your bricking it and want to drop just drop. in my honest opinion to anyone in the same mindset you've come to far to do that.

I have no problem with people praying to whatever deity they want, but because someone does not share your belief does not entitle you to call them a fool.

Good luck with the study, however.

I have no problem with people praying to whatever deity they want, but because someone does not share your belief does not entitle you to call them a fool.

Good luck with the study, however.

was merely a stab at him in a light hearted way. you heathens don't share the same humour as the believers. :):D

Fair enough. Long as it's well intended. :pac:

Fair enough. Long as it's well intended. :pac:

all the best tomorrow. wish you well. im off to bed my mind needs a rest from all this mental anguish.

• Advertisement

As am I. You take care.

Advertisement