Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Park today...huge fight..what a dodgy place

Options
  • 02-06-2009 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

So i went into the park around 6 today to chill out and read,i went by the gate to find a bench but it was pretty busy so walked in a bit more.the place was full of junkies,winos drinking and scobes in vest tops and baseball hats so said id walk over to the far side by the band stand thing and there a slope on the green,that was then packed with africans and turkish looking lads.there was a game of soccer going on and there was a big huge fight with all the foreign lads...looked like refugee wars.!!Take care when in the park,its like a magnet for the worst kinds of people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

nothing changes it has been like that for generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Take care when in the park,its like a magnet for the worst kinds of people

Where were you today again? :D :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

i was at the park for peace and quiet.not to be watching my back from junkies,winos,scobes and refugee riots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

The park you say...hmmm...I'm going to add that to the list of dodgy places in Limerick along with

Thomand
    Ballynanty
    Caherdavin (after dark)
    The City Centre (after dark)
    The Train Station (at all times of the day)
    Moyross
    South Hill
    The Island Field
    St. Mary's Park
    O'Malley Park
    Weston
    Castletroy (after dark)
    Garryowen

and now...

The Park (newly added to list)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Which park? People's park or AQP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Peoples Park I think.

a park in the middle of the day.it was the peoples park it was crazy must have been 15 of them involved in that fight for 5min.seemed to calm down after that alot of them legged it out the small gate onto joseph street i think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The park you say...hmmm...I'm going to add that to the list of dodgy places in Limerick along with

Thomand
    Ballynanty
    Caherdavin (after dark)
    Moyross
    South Hill
    The Island Field
    St. Mary's Park
    O'Malley Park
    Weston
    Castletroy (after dark)
    Garryowen

and now...

Thomond and Ballynanty are fine during the day. Never had a problem in the city centre, Caherdavin or Castletroy after dark either.

Somebody stabbed in the head with a screwdriver in Caherdavin.

Castletroy is tinker town when the sun goes down.

I haven't had trouble in Moyross either. Doesn't mean I stroll in there after dark dancing around the place with my iPod while using my mobile phone as a torch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Thomand
    Ballynanty
    Caherdavin (after dark)
    Moyross
    South Hill
    The Island Field
    St. Mary's Park
    O'Malley Park
    Weston
    Castletroy (after dark)
    Garryowen

and now...

Ok man you do know that O'Malley Park is part of Southill.

• Advertisement

YFlyer wrote: »
    Ok man you do know that O'Malley Park is part of Southill.

Yes, but it's a particularly rough part. It deserved a special mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The train station? thats fine. they rip you off, but its not dodgy

Its bad enough we have are home grown scrotes in the park but now we are refugees kicking the crap out of each other while decent people are trying to relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

How about a list of places that are safe?

*Do your best :pac:

avoid the far side of the park any way because that is like a refugee ghetto on a hot day very bad vibe over there the last 2 times i was there,huge gangs of them around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I visit the park regularly.
    In fact I was there for an hour or so Bank Holiday Monday. A wide diversity of people, young and old, families, hippies, Goths, kids etc. No trouble. Generally it's safe there especially in the morning. Limerick is always dodgy when the sun comes out as lots of drunks about. I'm sure the Gardai will be busy tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

RonMexico wrote: »
    How about a list of places that are safe?

*Do your best :pac:

Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭sioda

Thomand
    Ballynanty
    Caherdavin (after dark)
    Moyross
    South Hill
    The Island Field
    St. Mary's Park
    O'Malley Park
    Weston
    Castletroy (after dark)
    Garryowen

and now...

Thomand I take it you mean thomondgate no probs day or night personally

Balla like any estate depends on where you go again would not fear it night or day

Caherdavin I mean come on except for the old cratloe road which is a tiny part of it its grand

Lived in and just walked through the city centre again not exactly a war zone

THE TRAIN STATION seriously over charging crap time tables and highly overpriced baggage claim are the biggest threats

I could go on but with the exception of Southill which gain depends on the time and how stupid you are the areas mentioned are not that bad

I'm telling you, Caherdavin is dodgy at night. Moyross scum usually inhabit the place at night.

Also, I'm not actually talking specifically about the Train Station I'm talking about the the are surrounding it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

I'm telling you, Caherdavin is dodgy at night. Moyross scum usually inhabit the place at night.

Also, I'm not actually talking specifically about the Train Station I'm talking about the the are surrounding it as well.
    Isn't the city centre surrounding the train station?
    Seriously al places are dodgey at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

.there was a game of soccer going on and there was a big huge fight with all the foreign lads...looked like refugee wars

So was the goal allowed or what?

actually what is the story with the amount of refugees in limerick,there is tons of them.should they not just stopped from coming in?instead of wasting money on putting them up in centres walk up henry st its like ghetto now

but anyway i hope they put up cctv in the park to keep it safe for people and maybe have park wardens on during the summmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Thomondgate is far from ok day or night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

How do you know it was refugees in the park?
    actually what is the story with the amount of refugees in limerick,there is tons of them.should they not just stopped from coming in?instead of wasting money on putting them up in centres walk up henry st its like ghetto now

Thinly veiled racism, IMO.

well the 2 groups that were fighting were all african and middle eastern looking i some how doubt they were all legal.acting around a park looking shady and fighting would give me an impression of bad people.yes i am against law breaking immigrants.id hope they would have more respect in our country.however there was plenty of local scum so that was another problem

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

How do you know it was refugees in the park?

Thinly veiled racism, IMO.

well the 2 groups that were fighting were all african and middle eastern looking i some how doubt they were all legal.acting around a park looking shady and fighting would give me an impression of bad people.yes i am against law breaking immigrants

The comments made come nowhere near racism, veiled or blatant. I would agree with Irish Vamp in that we have enough home grown scum in this city, the last thing we need is a similar element coming from other countries.

The majority of people who move from other countries to Ireland are just regular people trying to get a new start in life, and who add to this country through their culture and past experiences. But there is a minority who are as bad as the local scum, and personally I think anyone who comes to another country and acts like scum should be sent packing, regardless of their creed, colour or country of origin. The local scum we cannot do this to as this is their country of origin, but the local scum should get prison time that matches their crimes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yes, but it's a particularly rough part. It deserved a special mention.

And Carew Park is the posh part of Southill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Delphi91 wrote: »

that's from
    Sunday February 02 2003

yeah right... how deep were you digging to find sth negative about Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

::
    Its bad enough we have are home grown scrotes in the park but now we are refugees kicking the crap out of each other while decent people are trying to relax

I must be ancient.Have very fond memories of The Peoples Park;Boherbuoy band playing,sunshine,flowers,a waterfount,reading paper,transistor for the match,generally lazing about in peace while children played and there was a Park Keeper ,on watch.But I am long out of Limerick,and from the posts I guess it has spawned many no go areas.Sad

Advertisement