Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

This is my first year going aswell, there's about 10+ of us going.. all in or around 18.
    Can't wait to see Regina Spektor (L) and Camera Obscura aswell as all the typical acts.

My ticket came on Friday by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

its just too expansive for what you get,a total and utter rip off...benicassim for 160euro,now thats value for money...

250 for the 4 day camping including booking fee for oxegen while you can get to benicassim for the same price?? with good weather and a far better vibe and lack of 16 year olds falling around the place on their first weekend away from mammy and daddy and no scumbags asking for a smoke everywhere you go i think i know which one i would rather...i have been to oxegen 4 times so i know what im talking about.until you go to a european festival or even some of the better english ones and see how a festival should be run i feel sorry for you having to put up with the crap presented to you by oxegen...

all festivals should really take a leaf out of rock wretcher's book and have free public transport once you have the ticket!!from where i live it usually costs around 50return for a bus to oxegen and then the price of drink that you bring into oxegen with ya usually comes to around 100euro and then the price of everything in there is crazy!!and with going abroad to a festival it feels like a holiday so thats a big plus aswell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

I was going to go to Rockwertcher in Belgium, which is the best value for a European festival imo, but decided against it, maybe next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Can't wait for Oxegen! Especially Pendulum, Bloc party, Calvin Harris, The Airborne toxic event, friendly fires, God is an astronaut and crystal castles. Fantastic line up IMO.

Quick question for those that have previously attended, how much cash is needed to be brought roughly, factoring in food, drink, fags etc? Just trying to get my finances in order =P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

First time to oxegen....

Got tix to camp in tangerine fields because everyone I'm going with is staying there too. Can anyone who has stayed there before comment on whether its worth it....showers, toilets & campsite..are they better.. I'm no kid and don't really like camping!

PS. How about a 'festival survival guide' type stickie on the forum?

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    First time to oxegen....

Got tix to camp in tangerine fields because everyone I'm going with is staying there too. Can anyone who has stayed there before comment on whether its worth it....showers, toilets & campsite..are they better.. I'm no kid and don't really like camping!

Tangerine Fields is totally worth it. It's in the 'green' campsite which has portaloos and those flushable portacabin types jobbies. It has plenty of hot showers although you will still have to queue for them. There are no knackers!!! There's a much more chilled out atmosphere.

If there is a group of you going and staying in separate tents, mail tangerine field with all your reference numbers/booking name and they will put all of the tents beside each other. Last year, we had about 14 tents booked and they put them in a circle so we had our own little 'village'.

Kersmash wrote: »
    Can't wait for Oxegen! Especially Pendulum, Bloc party, Calvin Harris, The Airborne toxic event, friendly fires, God is an astronaut and crystal castles. Fantastic line up IMO.

Quick question for those that have previously attended, how much cash is needed to be brought roughly, factoring in food, drink, fags etc? Just trying to get my finances in order =P

It really does depend on how much you drink eat etc, I know that sounds odd but for example, I've never bought a drink at oxegen!!!

I bring my drink with me and bring a kids sippy beaker for my vodka and lucozade - they won't take these off you. Then food wise, on the green campsite last year there was a crepe van, this rocked! the dearest pancake was €10 and had bacon, eggs, cheese and allsorts on it, the boys ate on of these for brekkie each morning and then got chips or whatever in the arena so not too much spent on food either.

If you think you'll be buying pints all day then you will obviously need alot more cash and if you're the hungry type bear in mind it will cost you more than your local chippie for a burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭xcarriex

Does anyone know whats the story with parking, a load of us a driving up, do u need to buy a parking ticket?? I love me grub too much to not have a dinner, so i can be found down in the West Wicklow fuelling up on food yum yum :)

I know eating is cheating but sometimes it just needs to be done!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Havnt got my tickets yet... But in no rush!!

Thought the tickets would have sold out quick but not this year anyways!! Recession? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Can anyone tell me definitively if Doves are not clashing with Elbow?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

PS. How about a 'festival survival guide' type stickie on the forum?

there is one of these ever year, it won't be stickied. i'd rather if it was contained within the main festival threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 crystal castle

Best line up of any festival - beats EP in 07.

Blur,
    NIN,
    Mogwai,
    2 Many Djs,
    Mars Volta,
    Deadmau5,
    Aeroplane,
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs,
    Doves,
    Tv on The Radio,
    Crystal Castles,
    Tiga,
    Boysnoize,
    Digitalism,
    Florance and the Machine,
    OCS,
    Manic Street Preachers,
    Hudson Mohawke,
    Villagers,
    Friendly Fires.

Thats only sh'te I really like, there other good stuff there. For people who says its a poor line up- what kinda elusive music do you listen to? There is something for everyone, i won't get to see half of these I want to but still...FU~K

EDIT - I'd have paid the 200+ snots just to see NINI, Blur and the Mars Volta....rest is just extra and a little oi oi oi always helps.
    dillpickle wrote: »
    i love oxegen couldn't face it last year because '07 was so feckin miserable...i know you're meant to have a mud fight roll around in it and make the most of it all but only so much mud i can take...but the thing that really turned me off it was the amount of what looked like 14 year old wandering round off there faces...the line up is seriously tempting me this year...but what do ye think the average age of people will be?? hate sounding like an old fart (i'm only 22) but dunno if i can stick a weekend with teams of 15 year old girls puking up their fat frogs next to my tent:mad:
    well I'm 27 and the youngest of my very very large group of friends who will be there - aged up to about 37 I think

In saying that we're going to the green campsite which we did last year too - definitely worth it if you can stretch to it but it's sold out for this year already I think

I'm at the higher end of the scale myself but last year was the first year I went in years as mates sold me tickets on the cheap and I had a blast. Way better than electric picnic is which too much full of **** for its own good. Used to be deadly but standard of crowd has dropped. People who think they are too good for oxegen but haven't the musical creedence to pull it of....should be at slane the f**kers, hey....any oxegen won me back over again. Campsite and all was sound. Even some of our mates, 26-27 are on about coming down for the saturday.

xcarriex wrote: »
    Does anyone know whats the story with parking, a load of us a driving up, do u need to buy a parking ticket??

you need to go to your local ticketmaster with 4 camping tickets and they will give you a free parking ticket. If you don't have 4 tickets you have to pay for a parking ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Ticket arrived in the post today! Officially very excited now :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fiddlesticks7

Any one know about getting a job at oxegen i contacted them like 3 times but no reply :(

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Any one know about getting a job at oxegen i contacted them like 3 times but no reply :(

Try masterchef, they do all backstage catering and i know a few people who've worked for them at oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

First time to oxegen....

I was half temped to get tix for there this year, trying to get sleep in either of the main campsites just doesn't happen with people making noise all night. But then one of my friends told me what they did last year, they drove down in their van, set up tent in the red campsite and had all the craic there, but slept in the van :D, nice and quiet, dry and all that! So that what I'm going to do this year!

Anyways, great lineup this year, must be 11 bands that I'd happly pay to see seperately so well worth it, I just got to bring more beer this time (running dry is no fun:D), and lets hope we get good weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Best lineup Ive seen for an Irish festival ever.
    Hope the weather holds up!

• Advertisement

Cool, and also can the tickets be re-used i just know WW3 will break out over who gets the frss tickets, if its the case you can only use the tickets once, i will have to be sure i get in there first haha :)

Thanks!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Should be good this year. Last year was great.

Plenty of good acts to wander about, but I'm holding out for Blur, Squeeze, NiN & Doves

Must go about getting my ticket now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Mr.S wrote: »
    When you've a thing like Oxegen going on, its obviously going to draw a teenage crowd so that can't be helped. Try the green campsite mabye, if you don't like the "general population". Though i didn't find it that bad last year, everyone around us (on the campsite) was easlly 18+.

+1

No dicks about :)

Thats so lame!! seen as though i found it out i am entitled to get first parking ticket haha,

Also do they like put the reg on or anything, cause we have a roster in motion, i dont mind driving up and then back home on saturday/sunday so long as i aint driving Monday!

Arrive Alive People!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Looking forward to it now, still have to get my ticket though.

Only drawback is 2 Many DJs and Deadmau5 clashing!

Also has anyone ever witnessed this redbull academy stage thing,

Florence and the Machine are playing and i love these guys, but is this just a stage to go see the act or what, the description on the website is a bit strange goes into detail about classes u can take!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 whatdahack

woow oxegen;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lel

is anyone else in the same boat? :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

has anyonr got any idea where you get the thursday passes. According to the oxegen site, those who have 3 day tickets can get an extra thursday pass for just 20 quid making it same price. ive got 2 3 day tickets and want to go the extra day. they ain't on ticketmaster's site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Jello wrote: »
    Looking forward to it now, still have to get my ticket though.

Only drawback is 2 Many DJs and Deadmau5 clashing!

How do you know they clash?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement