Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2009 - All discussion, no ticket sales

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

I'm being made go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Id just like to reccomened Little boots to anyone going, and if shes on at a time where thes not much else on, you should go, I think she will be a big act in the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Hi All,

Just wondering what the hot showers are like at Oxygen ?!!!!

Any experiences ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Any one know what bands are on thursday.Last year it was acover band and a silent disco.

gob

Scien wrote: »
    I think i'll head to the Saturday of it this year to see KOL, Bloc Party, Elbow & Doves.

I'd prefer if they showed performance times first though. I'd be like the antichrist if Elbow & Doves clashed after paying to see them both.

looks like elbow will be on before doves, and the O2 stage is right next to the main stage so you'll be grand!

In answer to the OP!!! emmm, no, you can't go to oxegen for the weekend and stay in a hotel ha! get into the festival spirit dude!

• Advertisement

Any one know what bands are on thursday.Last year it was acover band and a silent disco.

gob
    What? Tell me more?

CyberWaste wrote: »
    What? Tell me more?

you don big dj style headphones, choose which dj you wanna dance to and dance your little socks off. You then laugh and giggle as you see others dancing to a totally different beat. Take the headphones off and watch all the loopers dance in silence! it's not to be missed.

This thread is getting me vury excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Yeh, it was closed down on the first night :( is it open over the weekend? I can't remember.. Didn't go to it 2yrs ago so said I'd definately go last year only to discover it wasn't open! Not going down until Friday this year (as opposed to Thurs last year) so dunno if I'll get a chance to head to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Donagh_mc

Oh I can't wait for Oxegen this year. bring it on! :)

Is the silent disco free to get into? And is it just dance they play or is their hip hop, rap, metal etc channels??

• Advertisement

yeh it's free. you pay a deposit on the headphones of a tenner I think and then you get it back on the way out

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

omg AMAZING line up this year...except i can't f***ing go:mad:

is it 17 you have to be?? or 18?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

omg AMAZING line up this year...except i can't f***ing go:mad:

is it 17 you have to be?? or 18?

You could be 12 and still get in to Oxegen. No one will ever be turned away.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Archimedes wrote:
    You could be 12 and still get in to Oxegen. No one will ever be turned away.

Not this year you can't. Or for the past 2 years really.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

Anyone see the countdown timer on the oxegen site? Surely it's well wrong, no? I'm counting 35 days.... and their's is running till 1 in the morning on the Saturday night!

fatgav wrote: »
    Anyone see the countdown timer on the oxegen site? Surely it's well wrong, no? I'm counting 35 days.... and their's is running till 1 in the morning on the Saturday night!

you're right - they're wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

Is anybody still waiting on the delivery of tickets?

yeh sure they're still doing the deposit scheme so probably won't get tickets til 2 weeks before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

yeh sure they're still doing the deposit scheme so probably won't get tickets til 2 weeks before.

Yet they can take the money out 2 months ago. I was told they were being sent out 2 weeks ago.

Yet they can take the money out 2 months ago. I was told they were being sent out 2 weeks ago.

not all of the deposit money has been taken yet.

Makes no difference when you get the tickets as long as they arrive on time!

It clearly says when you purchase tickets online that they may arrive at any time up to 48 hours before the event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Talking aboot Oxegen on boards....noice.

LadyHawke will be a must see for me on Friday, KOL will rock out as always no doubt, The Killers were great in '05 but I dont hold out too much hope this year but theres always the festival 'multiplier' to factor in that always makes a good band sound better.

I'd really luv to see Arcade Fire return...and oh yeah, why are The Presets not playing huh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

theres always the festival 'multiplier' to factor in that always makes a good band sound better.

Alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dillpickle

i love oxegen couldn't face it last year because '07 was so feckin miserable...i know you're meant to have a mud fight roll around in it and make the most of it all but only so much mud i can take...but the thing that really turned me off it was the amount of what looked like 14 year old wandering round off there faces...the line up is seriously tempting me this year...but what do ye think the average age of people will be?? hate sounding like an old fart (i'm only 22) but dunno if i can stick a weekend with teams of 15 year old girls puking up their fat frogs next to my tent:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 xXfeefa!!Xx

Nah not many 14 year olds 2 be honest,i went last year i was 18 and i think we'd be some of the youngest wandering off our faces haha!Cant wait for NIN this year!Was hoping the prodigy or chemical bro's wud play this year again :( was so good!Haha i remember last year a group of us set up our tents in a circle(fairly close like we wernt taking up too much space) and went off to explore after we set up.....came back after about an hour and sum1 set up a tent right in the middle of us haha despite the obvious entrances facing each other!!Didnt have the heart to give out they were too nice and from galway:o haha

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Is the silent disco free to get into? And is it just dance they play or is their hip hop, rap, metal etc channels??

I remember it was cancled last year!I was so anoyed i was lookin forward 2 it so much!It was on the thursday night an i think people were to drunk!

dillpickle wrote: »
    hate sounding like an old fart (i'm only 22) but dunno if i can stick a weekend with teams of 15 year old girls puking up their fat frogs next to my tent:mad:

well I'm 27 and the youngest of my very very large group of friends who will be there - aged up to about 37 I think

In saying that we're going to the green campsite which we did last year too - definitely worth it if you can stretch to it but it's sold out for this year already I think

I remember it was cancled last year!I was so anoyed i was lookin forward 2 it so much!It was on the thursday night an i think people were to drunk!

it was on all weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tarka

Been to the last 3 Oxegens, this year's is the best line-up yet. Was hoping to see NIN/JA play their own concert, but as long as I'm seeing them I won't complain.
    Quite surprised at The Specials low billing. Would have thought they'd be worthy of headlining a tent.

it was on all weekend?

are u serious??so i cud have went....... thought it was just thursday gahhhhh....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

it sure was! I was there bopping away! It closes for about 1-2hours after the last act. We speculated that this could have been to ensure that all of the day trippers had fecked off home.

why has the title been censored? is oxegen a dirty word again?

edit: they obviously fixed their little problem ha!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement