Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hiding from the Evil Sun

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

What I should do is buy a f*cktonne of mirrors, leave them out at night, and let the sun's evil magic backfire on itself come the dawn.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Sarky wrote: »
    What I should do is buy a f*cktonne of mirrors, leave them out at night, and let the sun's evil magic backfire on itself come the dawn.
    Tried that, it didn't work. Roasted a couple of seagulls by accident though.

I'm not fond of seagulls either. Good show.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Tasted fine with a little tabasco sauce on them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If everyone put mirrors on their roof, would it help stop global warming? We should investigate...

• Advertisement

More to the point, if we all put mirrors on our roofs, could we focus the reflected energy to immolate our enemies?

Absolutely! With a targeting geo-synchronous orbiting satellite which could beam the heat wherever I needed - take that Golden Eye!

Ban ME from the Nocturnal forum will you?!

I mean, um, yeah, take that Goldeneye.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The sun is a curse on this planet. My trip to Amsterdam was ruined by "good" weather. My pasty Irish skin almost burst into flames while I wandered around The dampkring for two hours trying to find my way back to the zoo. Then I got just as lost in Brugge I was drinking like a fish and the top shelf hash I brought with me from Amsterdam just put me in a hoop meaning I saw none of Brugge.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ChasingDreams

It wasn't sunny today, thank God! I refuse to go outside when it's sunny. However, since I'm going on a holiday to California on Friday, the sun might be a bit hard to avoid. :(

• Advertisement

It wasn't sunny today, thank God! I refuse to go outside when it's sunny. However, since I'm going on a holiday to California on Friday, the sun might be a bit hard to avoid. :(
    Well you should have a great time in the hotel room then.

Well you should have a great time in the hotel room then.

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

oxegen...... Im gonna have to sit in my tent til it gets cloudy :S
    ah well! :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    oxegen...... Im gonna have to sit in my tent til it gets cloudy :S
    ah well! :P
    By the looks of it, you won't be spending much time in the tent! :rolleyes:

Looks like we're going to have The Plague of Mudbabies all over again!

Welcome, Ms. ChasingDreams.

By the looks of it, you won't be spending much time in the tent! :rolleyes:

Looks like we're going to have The Plague of Mudbabies all over again!

Welcome, Ms. ChasingDreams.

Why thank you, Mr. randylonghorn :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

screw all of you the sun over here is horrid i nearly have a new lair of skin for the factor 6billion i have to wear stupid bastard of a carpet light that it is...... the sky is a carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm off to Spain.

Hmmm.

Aviators, check.

Sunscreen, check.

Aw yeah. :cool:

Should keep me relatively safe from the perfidious orb of unholy light.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'm off to Spain.

Hmmm.

Aviators, check.

Sunscreen, check.

Aw yeah. :cool:

Should keep me relatively safe from the perfidious orb of unholy light.
    Have you considered bringing some clothes too?

Isn't one Spunóg enough in any forum? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Hmmm. Might be worth a look. Ah sure I can pack in the morn.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Whats with the sudden Flancer ball today in Dublin city? Nearly killed the poor DooM. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Whats with the sudden Flancer ball today in Dublin city? Nearly killed the poor DooM. :(

Aww poor Doomy. Tis grey out here in Maynooth. the sun has not attacked here today

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

trowelled wrote: »
    Aww poor Doomy. Tis grey out here in Maynooth. the sun has not attacked here today

Yeah I am back in Celbridge and our friends the clouds have sorted out the flancer ball for me. :)

The flancer ball is trying to fry me! I need a better hideout.

I was in Cork at the weekend - they told us it'd be "bad" weather (as in cloudy and rainy - perfect if you ask me), but I ended up getting sunburnt :mad:

I had a word with Thor and he made sure it was cloudy and colder the following day...

Advertisement