Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC Punchestown 28/06/09

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I will be emailing them tommorow. We regretfully opted for the park and ride and it was a bloody nightmare. Posted about it in other thread.

I wrote a long detailed letter of complaint to MCD today so will let you know their response.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭emtroche

+1

Thats why i stopped going to oxegen. They've been gettin away with whatever they feel like for far too long. It wasnt too long ago when there was a warning on boards to say nothing about the almighty MCD.

I try and avoid them now. It has to be something exceptional for them to be seeing my money. ACDC fits the bill on that one.

I live about 3 miles from Slane and i always buzz into the village for gigs and i have to say the situation there has been deteriorating ever since them f**kers took over. No respect for the punters and no respect for the residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Kildare Council are holding a meeting with MCD on Monday regarding this gig. If you have eyewitness evidence, or better yet pictures, of what happened I would urge you to send them to secretar@kildarecoco.ie or customercare@kildarecoco.ie, or any of the councillors listed here.

Kildare Council and MCD have had complaints about the organisation of events at Punchestown before. Things are getting worse not better.

Keep your emails factual, simple, profanity-free, and limited to your personal experience.

Thanks for letting us know this. I looked on the website and it looks like Spike Nolan who is on the kildare strategic arts management company his email is here whoever they are, may be someone to email. Of course mailing other councillors would also help.

This kind of cr*p can't be allowed to continue until people die. If you think this is me being overdramatic, well others on here have alluded to a potential disaster which could easily have happened. I and my friends who were there noted that it was practically pitch dark when people were leaving, on uneven ground which was wet and with 80,000 people all wanting to leave at the same time? Madness.

Try emailing Kildare co co, or suing all involved in the small claims court and / or contacting the event insurers and letting them know of exactly what happened. This kind of cr*p has to stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dingbat

jebus58 wrote: »
    I keep reading about the apparent lack of stewards and gardai at the event, which is rubbish. All were wearing high-vis jackets which glared at you in the darkness, there were hundreds of them about the venue, saying that none were to be found is ridiculous.

Secondly there were two exits, not one as also mentioned several times.
    Yes the situation with the buses after the concert was anything but pleasant but the comparison with hillsborough is moronic and shows a complete neglect of context.

At hillsborough the fans all piled into a CAGE hearing the roar of the crowd as a goal was almost scored. the people at the front had no way out, nobody at the back had any idea of the situation as still more people crammed in. how can this be compared to people queuing for a bus at 1 in the morning?

"i don't know how anyone wasn't seriously hurt" is a frequently recurring statement here, well it's glaringly obvious that nobody was seriously hurt because bar crowd violence or some form of motor accident there was no chance for anybody to be serioulsy hurt.

also how can you blame stewards for not chasing people who jump fences. these people (and if you haven't already guessed i'm a steward who was there) were there from 10am till 2.30am, that's a long day in anybody's language, and we are not allowed to nor do we want to use force at any stage or else we'd be finding ourselves in a whole other mess. do you want us to rugby tackle each idiot that thinks he's a hero for jumping a 3ft fence and dancing in front of tired people who've been waiting for hours nd just want to get home.

i felt awful for all those ppl in the queues at the end, it was unfortunate but unavoidable. we stood at the top of the queues and helped to fill the buses when they came, we just had to wait and that was it, the majority of the crowd understood this, some hurled appalling abuse at us nd we just had to smile and take it, though after being on our feet for 15 hours straight another reaction crossed my mind briefly.

the fact is that it was organised as well as it could be, simply put when you join 80,000 people in one location and all want to go home at one time there's going to be a problem with transport, the buses did a great job and everybody had left the grounds by 2am, that's 2 and a half hours which isn't "appalling" or "shocking," even at minor events like a debs it takes a couple hours for all the buses to come, unless mcd employ harry potter to sort things out at future events. i'm really curious as to where all this whining is coming from, concerts always came with huge queues and long journeys home it's part of the package, if you're too delicate then buy the cd, save yourself the "nightmare"
    Hilarious. Honestly, this guy should be at the Dublin Comedy Festival.

I've no doubt you had a long day, but to dismiss people's valid complaints in such a crass manner is, frankly, doing yourself a huge disservice.

You honestly think that the lighting was good enough for people to safely navigate their way out? Was it acceptable that the stewards ignored the queuing pens and allowed a massive body of people build up at one end of the Dublin Bus queue? Was it acceptable that this got so bad that the Gardai (the few that were there) had to ask us, who were being crushed in the crowd, if there were children in there and could we please get them out? My God, if you don't see how somebody could have been seriously hurt then you obviously have a similarly low regard for the health and safety for the concertgoers as MCD most definitely do.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jtac

I was at Slane and AC/DC and i can definetly say they were the most unorganised events I have ever been to.I thought Slane was bad with having to walk 3 miles to the gig+back for a bus,no tickets or bag checks and I wont even go into the dangerous 2 hour forest walk.But AC/DC really took the biscuit!

We got on a Dublin Bus around 4,not sure how long it took to get there(was too busy talking!)but we had to get off the bus and walk the rest of the way,apparantly around 6 miles,if not more,took over 2 hours.The only guards I came across on that long walk were just a bit before we got to Puncestown and they were directing traffic.When we finally got to punchestown people were openly drinking cans etc and guards walked right by them without so much as blinking.Luckily the que to get in wasnt too bad,bags and tickets were checked this time and off we went.We were tired,hungry and cold after the walk so some of us went off to get food,others merchandise.The Merchandise stall were sold out of nearly everything by this time,it took about 40 minutes to get an overpriced burger+chips and I had to leave my friends in the que at one point because it got too overcrowded,could barely breathe we were so squashed.everything was grand then after that,enjoyed The answer and AC/DC were amazing,theres nothing you can do about the rain and as for fights/drunken idiots etc well Id expect that at these kind of events.

Then came the time to leave,we stayed till the very end of the fireworks and made our way out and I remember thinking "jesus its very dark in here"!found it hard to see where we were going.made our way to the exit anyway and got in the dublin bus que.again im sketchy with times because of talking etc but in the hour/hour+a half we were in the que it barely moved!We were standing right beside/in front of the barriers(most people had turned to face the barriers as everyone wanted to see what was happening with the buses.Every now and then a group would be let through from the que but there seemed to be lots of other people getting on the buses too and they were coming from a different direction.At one point i said this to a steward and he said yes theres another way in to the buses to teh right.not at one point was anyone told that there was another way to the buses and people,including myself were getting pretty pissed off at seeing people who hadnt even being queing getting on buses.I saw plenty of people jump the barriers and make a run for it,some managed to get through,others were caught by stewards+guards(one was a young teenager and the stewards seemed to be fairly rough with him and an older fella that was with him ran down to help him and they both got taken off by the guards!)

There wasnt many stewards keeping an eye on the que,maybe 3/4 but they were all doing anything but their job,chatting amongst themselves+to people in the que including chatting up girls,letting people use their loudspeaker to sing and they certainly wernt holding up the barrier(the barriers were not secure,they kept tipping over,so much so my oh+myself were holding up the ones we were at so people wouldnt run if the fell)To be honest we were waiting for something to happen,we said it a few times while we were queing that its only a matter of time before people get so pissed off and run.and they did.I think a few people ran first knocking some barrier and because all the stewards/guards were being kept busy everyone decided to go for it.I dont get scared by much but this was fxxking scary,like i said i was at the front of the barrier and when they toppled them there were thousands of people running+pushing towards me,i didnt know if I should stop or go or what,so I ran and just hoped I wouldnt be hurt.Once we stopped running i said to my oh+friends "thats how things like hillsbourough happen" and kept thinking oif all the families I had seen earlier with young children and I just hoped everyone was alright.

We got lucky with getting a bus home thankfully,we must have been on one within 15 minutes(we walked up near the back to find an empty one)and it wasnt overcrowded when pulling off.got back to Dublin around 2.30.I felt so soorry for the thousands that we saw waiting on buses before we left punchestown,I know it was partly their own fault for breaking down the barriers but If MCD and Dublin bus had of been more organised they wouldnt have had to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jtac

Sorry for the bad spelling etc.....its late,and I'm tired!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeyNT

+1

Punchestown and Slane are definitely off the radar for me from here on. I'd consider O2, RDS or Croke Park or London but NEVER in some remote back of the beyonds, impossible to access, difficult to contain field organised by profiteering cowboys who cut corners at the expense of crowd safety and satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Stradbally was really well organised last year - great venue. Traffic control was in place - and police & steward presence was much more noticable.... I'd go back there for an event even though it is a little futher from the Big Shmoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭MikeyNT

Hmmm, interesting, the Mod removed his comment suggesting everybody complaining on this thread should move over to the Drama forum...

Why the change of heart?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

I and my friends who were there noted that it was practically pitch dark when people were leaving, on uneven ground which was wet and with 80,000 people all wanting to leave at the same time? Madness.

I thought that was crazy aswell, one person to fall could have caused a pile up, some serious injuries could have occured. That was walking to the blue car park. I can only remember one light on the walk, and one at either end. May have been more though, but not by much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Carolanne2x4

I was at the gig last Sunday and I have never heard so much complaining in my life!! we got on of the first few shuttle buses from dublin and it took us about 40 mins to get there and were one the first couple hundred there to get into the pit (well worth it!!)
    Fair enough we had to wait a couple hours to get into the venue but if thats the price u pay to get into the pit so be it! We we're wrecked from the night before having only slept two hours but that was our own doin!
    SO getttin into the grounds at 4 was ok, then to wait another couple hours for the blizzards, who while no disrespect to them are an okish band have no relevent connection to ac/dc whatsoever , still didnt kill the buzz for we knew in a few hours we'd be completely rockin it out! The answer we're quite good really got the crowd goin, wont mind seeing them at metallica now!
    We stayed til the very end and it was kinda scary being dragged through a crowd trippin over bottles and shoes and stuff being hauled by one of my mates , they're definetly could be better lighting but who cares, was wrecked but still buzzin from the night , amount of ppl givin out to garda stewards even chipper workers was shockin, what did u expect that everyone would just skip out and onto a bus home, cop on!! its completely irrational to blame guards stewards or bus drivers for what happened. Whilst MCD could have done a better job organising it they cant predict what kinda gob****es will be there to ruin the whole thing. like were right at the barriers when they were torn down and legged it towards the nearest bus, i went cause i didnt want to lose my mates but would have beeen happy to stay there enjoying the buzz from people althought were tired from the long day. once we got into the bus took us bout hour and half to get back to dublin, which i thought with the level of traffic and knobs running down the ballymore eustace rd was very good, raped burger king and slept like a baby for the night!!
    i'll never forget it!! and wouldnt let a few hours of queeing up ruin the best concert i've ever seen in my life so far!
    Some people just need to grow a pair IMO .
    Angus You Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

MikeyNT wrote: »
    Hmmm, interesting, the Mod removed his comment suggesting everybody complaining on this thread should move over to the Drama forum...

Why the change of heart?

I removed the post, the mod you're referring to is not a mod of this forum.

EDIT: Keep this on-topic people, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I was down in Punchestown on the first bus that left, and managed to get out of the event quickly enough. I can understand other's complaints though. I have lived it before.

My biggest gripe is the venue itself. It is needlessly far away, it is just a mucky field, and it is naturally under resourced in terms of lavatory facilities, and so on. It was possible to accomodate everybody in the confines of Croke Park, which (although impossible given the date) should hav been looked into when AC/DC Tour Manager came looking to fill another date, or MCD approached the bands management with another date.

Marley Park, Slane, and Puncehstown are some of the ****tiest venues in the World. Unless its a three day festival, there is NO reason to bring fans to them for one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I was at the gig last Sunday and I have never heard so much complaining in my life!! we got on of the first few shuttle buses from dublin and it took us about 40 mins to get there and were one the first couple hundred there to get into the pit (well worth it!!)
    Fair enough we had to wait a couple hours to get into the venue but if thats the price u pay to get into the pit so be it! We we're wrecked from the night before having only slept two hours but that was our own doin!
    SO getttin into the grounds at 4 was ok, then to wait another couple hours for the blizzards, who while no disrespect to them are an okish band have no relevent connection to ac/dc whatsoever , still didnt kill the buzz for we knew in a few hours we'd be completely rockin it out! The answer we're quite good really got the crowd goin, wont mind seeing them at metallica now!
    We stayed til the very end and it was kinda scary being dragged through a crowd trippin over bottles and shoes and stuff being hauled by one of my mates , they're definetly could be better lighting but who cares, was wrecked but still buzzin from the night , amount of ppl givin out to garda stewards even chipper workers was shockin, what did u expect that everyone would just skip out and onto a bus home, cop on!! its completely irrational to blame guards stewards or bus drivers for what happened. Whilst MCD could have done a better job organising it they cant predict what kinda gob****es will be there to ruin the whole thing. like were right at the barriers when they were torn down and legged it towards the nearest bus, i went cause i didnt want to lose my mates but would have beeen happy to stay there enjoying the buzz from people althought were tired from the long day. once we got into the bus took us bout hour and half to get back to dublin, which i thought with the level of traffic and knobs running down the ballymore eustace rd was very good, raped burger king and slept like a baby for the night!!
    i'll never forget it!! and wouldnt let a few hours of queeing up ruin the best concert i've ever seen in my life so far!
    Some people just need to grow a pair IMO .
    Angus You Rock

Dismissing peoples genuine comments - ie 'some people need to grow a pair' - about very serious safety concerns is not on. It's great that you had a great time, I also had a blast. Difference is I've been to enough gigs to know when our (ie you and me and the rest of the concert goers) safety is being ignored by the organizers (if they can even be called that).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

with reference to acdc slane the following docs from kildare county council

I am at work and have not read them yet but was mailed them for free from kildare co co on request.

First doc is the granting of licence the second is the detailed permission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Sounds like some people had a breeze getting out of the car parks, others had a nightmare. I had a ticket to Oasis at Slane but I sold it a few weeks before the concert as I lost interest in going. I had a little regret about doing so but after hearing the horror stories about the over crowding, transport etc, it makes me glad I didn't go.

I also considered getting an AC/DC ticket when they released that last batch just before the concert but it sounds like the organisation of the event really spoiled it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Carolanne2x4

Dismissing peoples genuine comments - ie '' - about very serious safety concerns is not on. It's great that you had a great time, I also had a blast. Difference is I've been to enough gigs to know when our (ie you and me and the rest of the concert goers) safety is being ignored by the organizers (if they can even be called that).
    Mine is also a genuine comment, them people shouldn't have been walking down that road and its there own fault for doing so, they weren't children and shouldn't be told that it was dangerous, and walking in the middle of the road didn't make it much better IMO
    "some people need to grow a pair" reffered to people complaining about the crowd, what else did they expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Mine is also a genuine comment, them people shouldn't have been walking down that road and its there own fault for doing so, they weren't children and shouldn't be told that it was dangerous, and walking in the middle of the road didn't make it much better IMO
    "some people need to grow a pair" reffered to people complaining about the crowd, what else did they expect?

Sorry but I have been to numerous concerts spanning over 20 years including two outings in Slane.

I accept you have to queue and wait especially with the numbers involved. I expect that processes are in place to allow that queuing to occur in an orderly and safe fashion. I expect the staff who are there to ensure people exit the venue safely are trained and operate in a professional manner. I expect this as part of the fee I pay to the promoter to attend this event.

I do not expect to be herded with no supervision along a badly lit field to an area where people are supposed to guess what way the queue was working and because the barriers had already been breached and had two points where people were queuing. I expect that people at the top of the queue should be the ones getting onto the empty buses, which was not the case at all. I don't expect to be put in a situation where a potentially disastrous crush occurs and the queue collapses. I don't expect to be put in a position where I have to go out onto the bus lane between moving buses whose drivers are distracted by the chaos going on around them.

I find it interesting that on the whole the people saying it wasn't bad, its to be expected or we should "grow a pair" have very few posts to their names on this site (with the exception of those others trolling this thread). Makes you wonder where they are posting to from and what their real agendas are.

I'll tell you what I expect. I expect to go to a concert, enjoy myself and be able to go home without feeling that my safety is in danger. The first time that I ever felt my safety was in danger was last Sunday night exiting Punchestown after the concert ended. I would prefer that no one else has that experience at a concert especially one performed by one of the best rock bands in the world. AC/DC were brilliant on the night and I will cherish that memory along with Guns n Roses at Slane in 1992, Neil Young at Slane in 1993, U2 in Koln in 1993, Metallica 1992 in the Point, Iron Maiden, Faith No More, Bodycount and numerous others. MCD need to pull their socks up and ensure their customers, us are allowed exit their events in a safe manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dingbat

You're missing the point entirely. If that's what you think people are really complaining about then you need to start re-reading this thread. "Them people" were walking because there was gridlock all the way back to the Naas road. Reason? Non-existing or non-enforced traffic plan. That's a by-the-by, however. I find it very interesting that you seem to have made no reference to the very real dangers experienced when leaving the venue. Whatever else about anything to do with a gig - frustration with queues for beer/food, frustration with a long wait for a bus home, etc.. - being in physical danger because of the organisers' complete disregard for public safety is an utterly unacceptable situation which must be tolerated no longer. Your willingness to seemingly gloss over such a thing is one reason why such promoters are still in business here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dubdoyle

I Didnt Read all the last 48 Pages of Comments but I do Feel for the People who where Let down yet again by Poor Orginisation from the Comments I have Read
    I just Want to Say I Drove to Nass with My 9yr Old Son and Brother in law and His Son and a Mate...
    We Parked in Nass about 5pm We Experienced No Traffic on the Journey from the Northside Taking the Dunboyne/Sallins/Nass Route and Walked the 3km to the Gig....

My Son Had Waited Since Christmas Morning to see this Gig He is a Huge AC/DC Fan (Only 9 & The Room is Like a Shrine to Angus) And Would have Put a Lot of People to Shame in the Crowd as he was Singing away word for Word to nearly Every Song

Yes It Rained and We werent Prepared, Bloody Soaked to the Skin and Cold.. We Managed to get a Spot about Half way just to the Right of Centre and we had a grat View.. Well My Son Did as he Spent the Entire Gig Short of 3 Songs on My Shoulders..

I have Been to Gigs My Entire Life and Have seen Most of the Acts that are Worth Seeing that Have Played these Shores, But I Have to Say that even through the Rain and the Rest of the Crap Orginisation that was Surrounding this Gig, That AC/DC Played to Me Must be One of the Best Gigs to ever Grace any Stage in this Island

From the Minute they Came on the Stage to the Very last Note from That Black SG they had 80,000 People in the Palm of there Hands....

My Son Will remember the Gig for the rest of His Life no Doubt, as it was his First and He Might Not get to see them again

But to Not Loose Sight of the Gig it'self There are Few Bands In My Opinion with Half the Combined age of the Boys that could Not Only Play that Well but have the Stamina and Power to keep a Crowd of that Size Going for 2 Hours....

It Was one of the best Gigs I have Seen....

We waited untill the Very End and Queued to leave and Walked the 3km Back to The car and we were Back on the Northside by 1.20am....

A Great Experience and One that Will stay With me forever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Yours was a genuine comment, but you seem to be implying that other people's comments are not genuine because they had a different view than you? No-one complained about "the crowd", just the way the crowd was handled and occasional d!ckhead member of it who plants his foot in your head.

You're right though, some people do need to grow a pair. MCD for one, the next time Matt Cooper's researcher gives them a call.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

dubdoyle wrote: »
    I Didnt Read all the last 48 Pages of Comments but I do Feel for the People who where Let down yet again by Poor Orginisation from the Comments I have Read
    I just Want to Say I Drove to Nass with My 9yr Old Son and Brother in law and His Son and a Mate...
    We Parked in Nass about 5pm We Experienced No Traffic on the Journey from the Northside Taking the Dunboyne/Sallins/Nass Route and Walked the 3km to the Gig....

My Son Had Waited Since Christmas Morning to see this Gig He is a Huge AC/DC Fan (Only 9 & The Room is Like a Shrine to Angus) And Would have Put a Lot of People to Shame in the Crowd as he was Singing away word for Word to nearly Every Song

Yes It Rained and We werent Prepared, Bloody Soaked to the Skin and Cold.. We Managed to get a Spot about Half way just to the Right of Centre and we had a grat View.. Well My Son Did as he Spent the Entire Gig Short of 3 Songs on My Shoulders..

I have Been to Gigs My Entire Life and Have seen Most of the Acts that are Worth Seeing that Have Played these Shores, But I Have to Say that even through the Rain and the Rest of the Crap Orginisation that was Surrounding this Gig, That AC/DC Played to Me Must be One of the Best Gigs to ever Grace any Stage in this Island

From the Minute they Came on the Stage to the Very last Note from That Black SG they had 80,000 People in the Palm of there Hands....

My Son Will remember the Gig for the rest of His Life no Doubt, as it was his First and He Might Not get to see them again

But to Not Loose Sight of the Gig it'self There are Few Bands In My Opinion with Half the Combined age of the Boys that could Not Only Play that Well but have the Stamina and Power to keep a Crowd of that Size Going for 2 Hours....

It Was one of the best Gigs I have Seen....

We waited untill the Very End and Queued to leave and Walked the 3km Back to The car and we were Back on the Northside by 1.20am....

A Great Experience and One that Will stay With me forever

Yes it was a truely awesome show,despite being cold and wet the rain made it even better.
    Epic Epic show that will live with me forever.
    Imagine how much better the night would have been if Lizzy played :)

The only other gigs as good in my opinion were U2 in Slane or Queen in Slane,Nirvana in the point was excellent too.
    Looking at U2s new stage and videos from Barcelona i reckon it will be up there with ACDC.
    Two very different bands that know how to put on a live show but for now i cant get the ACDC show out of my head and ive gone to many many gigs.
    Although the rest of the day was a disaster im proud that one of the greatest gigs ever in this country was held in my County :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

It was a great gig - one of the best I've been to. Metallica in Donington '95 was just as good, but far better organised and a full days entertainment (slayer, slash, therapy and a few others played too) - can't even remember traffic or getting in/out being an issue at all. One of the best gigs (as simple as it was) was Pearl Jam in The Point two years ago - they were great... at the end of the day its mostly about the music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ds1

Hi Guys,
    I got a reply from Kildare CoCo as I complained to them re MCD/buses etc. (and copied boardpleanala too).
    Also copied were 13 other people who had complained.
    I'd suggest we get a few more complaints in!!! (Even though this "debriefing" is set for Monday!)

Reply I recieved

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to acknowledge receipt of your email in relation to the AC/DC
    concert held on the 28th June 2009 and note the complaints contained
    therein.

Please be advised we are examining your submission and have forwarded
    same to MCD for their information and attention also. The
    complaints/issues you have raised will form part of discussions at the
    de-brief meeting with MCD that are taking place on Monday the 6th July
    2009. The Planning Authority will also have regard to these matters when
    assessing future event licence applications.

Thank you for taking the time to email us in this regard.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX,
    Administrative Officer,
    Planning & Economic Development

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Emailed the county council myself a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

ds1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I got a reply from Kildare CoCo as I complained to them re MCD/buses etc. (and copied boardpleanala too).
    Also copied were 13 other people who had complained.
    I'd suggest we get a few more complaints in!!! (Even though this "debriefing" is set for Monday!)

Reply I recieved

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to acknowledge receipt of your email in relation to the AC/DC
    concert held on the 28th June 2009 and note the complaints contained
    therein.

Please be advised we are examining your submission and have forwarded
    same to MCD for their information and attention also. The
    complaints/issues you have raised will form part of discussions at the
    de-brief meeting with MCD that are taking place on Monday the 6th July
    2009. The Planning Authority will also have regard to these matters when
    assessing future event licence applications.

Thank you for taking the time to email us in this regard.

Yours sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX,
    Administrative Officer,
    Planning & Economic Development

Ya I got the very same one, word for word.
    Please copy your complaints to concertsafetyinireland@gmail.com as I'm going to compile all mails into one large letter. AC/DC were class but if it was any other band playing last Sunday I'm sure alot more people would be on this forum. If you think the gig was great and that we are all a bunch of wingers that fair enough but I'm going to stick with this case because no one should get away with what happened last Sunday in Punchestown.

If anyones got a photo of last Sunday night leaving or entering the gig please post it ASAP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 robmill

ac dc just f***n awesome , angus wot more can i say LEGEND, same sh*te with the buss going in walked from the n7 and same prob coming out queud for 3 hours got back to city west at 4am was it worth it? i think so just to see angus his solo was unbeleivable

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Opinion piece in the Sunday Tribune about last weekend.

http://www.tribune.ie/news/editorial-opinion/article/2009/jul/05/ferdia-macanna/

• Advertisement

Advertisement