Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who'll Win The Blue Square UK Open?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!. my sky sports 2 is gone:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:, what the point in paying for ntl if this is goin to keep happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Wonder what's wrong with Merv this time.:rolleyes:

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Sorry mate only saw this now.

Yeah it's always online, just use this link for tomorrow
    http://www.justin.tv/uggla

you are a savior for putting that up mate. my sky crapped out on me and i use clicked on that just in time to see the draw

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah Sky Sports went on me too so had to use that link for the draw.

Great performance from Manley, deserved the win in the end and good to see him back on our tellies.

Anyone know what King was moaning about? He really can be a sore loser.

Fourth Round Draw & Order of Play - 1pm Saturday

Board One
    Peter Manley v Mark Webster
    Andy Hamilton v Raymond van Barneveld
    Phil Taylor v Ken Mather
    Mark Walsh v Adrian Lewis

Board Two
    Colin Osborne v Wayne Jones
    Jamie Caven v Jelle Klaasen
    Kevin McDine v Alan Tabern
    Andy Jenkins v Terry Jenkins

Board Three
    Michael Barnard v Andy Smith
    Dennis Priestley v Mark Frost
    Steve Grubb v Kevin Painter
    Wes Newton v Roland Scholten

Board Four
    Gary Welding v Ronnie Baxter
    Alex Roy v Andy Roberts
    Colin Lloyd v Chris Thompson
    Mark Lawrence v Mark Dudbridge

All the board one matches will be shown live. Really hope Webster has a good run in this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

King was moaning to the guy who did the scores in his match.
    Think he was saying that he got some wrong.
    He should have just taken the loss and got on with it.

Some night of shocks. Wade just didnt seem intersted at all.
    Nicholson respone after his loss was pricless he was blaming the crowd and u could see he told them to fcuk off.

I am hoping Barney wins it now. Taylor must be happy with Wade gone .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Im putting my 5er on Lewis, i'd love to see him win one

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah I thought the same. I didn't really like Nicholson before last night but he has definitely gone up in my estimations after that interview. Not many players would do that and it shows the man has a bit of class.

And now he has gone down in my estimations again after telling the crowd to fúck off when he lost last night. Total lack of class there.

just looking at osborne and does anybody else think his throw is the spitting image of John Lowe, hope he beats jones, one a my fave's

He won Double Top, Osbourne through 9-7.

Great win for Webster 9-4 against Manley, he looked very solid. baxter fantastic again with a 9-1 win. Andy Smith through as well and so is Alex Roy in a cracker 9-8 against pub qualifier Andy Roberts.

Fair play to Ken Mather, terrific performance to push Taylor all the way. Taylor averaged 115.5 to win 9-3. Mather can hold his head high after that.

Great win for Jamie Caven 9-6 over Klaase, Caven playing great stuff at the mo. Priestley through 9-8 in an epic against Mark Frost and Lloyd through 9-2 against Thompson.

Walsh against Lewis on now, should be brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

i'd like to see walsh or baxter win it things going the way they are you'd think taylor is picking his opponents:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

What is wrong with Barney.He looks like he has no Interest in Darts at all at the Moment.
    U would have taught with so many big players Gone he would have Fancied winning this.

Taylor coasting through again. Looks odds on to win if u ask me.

Maybe Osborne could cause a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

And now he has gone down in my estimations again after telling the crowd to fúck off when he lost last night. Total lack of class there.

It's not admirable by any matter of means but when the crowd are on his back so much it's hard not to vent some frustration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Yessssss I'm back for the darts, missed it all yesterday. Great to see Osborne doing well, I hope he makes the final, it's all about the money!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Quarter-Final Draw & Order of Play (1pm Sunday)
    Kevin Painter v Alan Tabern
    Colin Osborne v Jamie Caven
    Ronnie Baxter v Terry Jenkins
    Mark Lawrence v Phil Taylor
    http://www.pdc.tv/page/UKOpenDetail/0,,10180~1687925,00.html

Brilliant darts from Osborne, especially that 160 check-out! Hope he does not get Taylor in the semi's!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Just watched Taylor destroy Lawrenson 9-0. The man is a machine. 0.05 below his world record. Brilliant to watch. Who can stop him?

Just watched Taylor destroy Lawrenson 9-0. The man is a machine. 0.05 below his world record. Brilliant to watch. Who can stop him?

Hopefully Osborne in the final!;):D It was 10-0 by the way.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Hopefully Osborne in the final!;):D It was 10-0 by the way.;)

Yeah, sorry. Was hoping Lawrenson would get that leg at the end. His one shot at a double the whole game. I thought he did ok though. Couple of maximums. Fair play to him

Well done Colin Osborne for holding your nerve!:D:D:D

That's at least €130 so far, happy days!!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Holy crap!!:eek: Great 161 check-out by Taylor!

Great match by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

good start from osbourne hope he keeps it up

good start from osbourne hope he keeps it up

Me too mate!;):D

Not looking too good for me now!:( I'm still happy with €130!:)

Taylor starting to motor on now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

First time I saw a streaker not bother to take their clothes off:confused::confused:
    D**khe*d

First time I saw a streaker not bother to take their clothes off:confused::confused:
    D**khe*d

Did I miss something?;)

Thank God he didn't take his clothes off!:eek::mad:

Feck it anyway it's over!:(

He's just too good!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

well dont taylor ,set the bar again .

Taylor just too good but well done to Osbourne on reaching his first final and putting up some sort of a fight. Also well done to Baxter, Painter, Caven, Tabern and Lawrence for gettig to the latter stages that most people wouldn't have expected.

Good tournament overall.

The one thing that stood out to me though is the fact that barney doesn't seem to be enjoying darts at all at the moment has looks like he has given up. The man needs to sort himself out if he is ever going to win anything again.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Agree on Barney, he's playing an exhibition on the 20th here in Laois and if he's in this humour I dunno if I'm bothered going to watch him

Have to say, I enjoyed watching the UK open, some cracking competitive matches, the highlight for me being the Wade v Manley match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭jlx

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Well done Colin Osborne for holding your nerve!:D:D:D

That's at least €130 so far, happy days!!!:D:D:D

drinks are on you then down in the fishing club tonight

Advertisement