Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(23 years on)Search for Philip Cairns to continue for third day

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Jesus1222

markesmith wrote: »
    In before the lock :eek:

That's quickly becoming very, very old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

There seems to be this impression that there are no serial killers in Ireland but thats a joke,its an extremely lax judicial system and poor police service that allows these people to operate,Mark Nash is a case in point,a complete nutcase of the highest order who butchered his ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend,then made his way to butcher two mentally ill women in grangegornman,the crime was originally pinned on some harmless drug addict who ended up killing himself,what we dont know about killers like this is shocking,how are we to know they didnt carve up more victims

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Latchy wrote: »
    The guy who murdered that school girl in Yorkshire , Leslie ???? in 1975 , was only caught last year .DNA on her body caught him

lesley molseed?

an innocent man, who was of low intelligence, went to prison for that and died a year later after being exonerated:(

as for whether there was a suspect in the Cairns' case. if there was it was never stated publicially. i remember the now retired detective on the case saying, his team interviewed every know sex offender at the time, who lived in the aera, and they were able account for their movements. of course someone could be giving one of them a false alibi.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    There seems to be this impression that there are no serial killers in Ireland but thats a joke,its an extremely lax judicial system and poor police service that allows these people to operate,Mark Nash is a case in point,a complete nutcase of the highest order who butchered his ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend,then made his way to butcher two mentally ill women in grangegornman,the crime was originally pinned on some harmless drug addict who ended up killing himself,what we dont know about killers like this is shocking,how are we to know they didnt carve up more victims

i thought he killed the two women first then killed the couple in Ballintubber several months later .
    i remember he was he was a defiant little fecker going to court too.
    although, he cried like a baby when he was denied his wish to be transferred to a prison in england.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

lesley molseed?

an innocent man, who was of low intelligence, went to prison for that and died a year later after being exonerated:(
    Yes . Found this article on the web about that case .Here
    as for whether there was a suspect in the Cairns' case. if there was it was never stated publicially. i remember the now retired detective on the case saying, his team interviewed every know sex offender at the time, who lived in the aera, and they were able account for their movements. of course someone could be giving one of them a false alibi.
    I never heard of anybody being a suspect in that case
    i thought he killed the two women first then killed the couple in Ballintubber several months later .
    i remember he was he was a defiant little fecker going to court too.
    although, he cried like a baby when he was denied his wish to be transferred to a prison in england.
    Perhaps he felt the cons in England would have given him a much easier time than the ones in Ireland ? I dont know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I feel as though I've infiltrated a meeting of the Secret 7 here.
    LOL :D

Nah seriously, while discussion of this case is fair enough within reason, I get builttospill's point too - sometimes discussion and speculation on such matters can get out of hand and the "I wonder did the parents have anything to do with it" brigade start throwing out their off-the-wall ideas in a desperate bid for some scandal.

The discussion here generally seems reasoned enough though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Dudess wrote: »
    LOL :D

Nah seriously, while discussion of this case is fair enough within reason, I get builttospill's point too - sometimes discussion and speculation on such matters can get out of hand and the "I wonder did the parents have anything to do with it" brigade start throwing out their off-the-wall ideas in a desperate bid for some scandal.

The discussion here generally seems reasoned enough though.

I doubt anyone will ever say that about this case.And if they did they should be banned and post deleted.Because we are only talking about what we do know and speculating on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

It never crossed my mind in this case that they had anything to do with it..not for one minute. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Such a terrible tradegy.

I don't think the dig will bring up anything to be honest. It was all before my time but I went to the same school he went to so I grew up with teachers talking about their experiences of it all.

Must be horrific for the parents to have to go through.

Think we may possibly know each other.
    shqipshume wrote: »
    Really that must have been very hard thing to be around.Was there volunteer searches with the residents.I dont remember.

Yeah, I remember hearing from teachers (same as techno-allah) about how there were searches all over, in attics and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Jesus1222 wrote: »
    That's quickly becoming very, very old.

Funny, it was the first time I said it. But well said on your part. Care for a Malteser?

On another note, I always thought that the theory that he fell into a river, and his friends ran away and denied everything, to be a plausible one. The schoolbag was found on the day the students 'voluntarily' went into school to answer questions.

Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Funny, it was the first time I said it. But well said on your part. Care for a Malteser?

On another note, I always thought that the theory that he fell into a river, and his friends ran away and denied everything, to be a plausible one. The schoolbag was found on the day the students 'voluntarily' went into school to answer questions.

Just a thought.

Far fetched! And if friends ran away eventually guilt would overcome them and i doubt they would have picked up his bag in such a sceanario also the missing school books.No person could live with that not even if scared,I am sure police told them if some accident happened not to be afraid to come forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Magic8

Just a thought.

If he fell into a river, surely his body would have surfaced somewhere at some point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

With human remians being found yesterday and considering the location - hopefully one of the big mysteries are resolved. Perhaps Philip kearns or Annie McCarrick.

Advertisement