Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollyoaks [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ditto, hes a terrible actor and just a horrible character too.

Is Gilly coming back? He was the one redeeming factor to Rhys.

Yes Gilly is coming back - he will be staying around as he and Steph finally get together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Hannah and Jamie, jesus nuff to make me want to weep tears of sh1t.

Shes braindead and hes a greasy surfer looking dope. He looks like a lad could do with a wash. Wish they both got stabbed by blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Hannah and Jamie, jesus nuff to make me want to weep tears of sh1t.

Shes braindead and hes a greasy surfer looking dope. He looks like a lad could do with a wash. Wish they both got stabbed by blue.

It's sad, really. Because I used to really like her.

I loved her with Justin :( I wish she'd left with him.

Yea I used to like her aswell. Its recently that I dont like her. Not because of the eating disorder or anything, her character just got very boring very fast.

I agree i liked her also with Justin and it would have make sense for her to leave with him or have him return for her

• Advertisement

Just one other thing about Hannah, is it just me, or was she out of hospital pretty quick?

Before she was in there for months, and was left out, a lot healthier, although still a bit...shakey.

This time, she was in hospital for about 3 weeks, was caught on film hiding her food (I think), and was let out a few days after that. She was barely able to stand under her own strength at the beach, and then a week later, she is back completely to normal :confused:

Am I missing something?!!
    Or was it just really bad writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

^I think you're right... It all seemed very rushed... and I thought the same thing about her hiding the food while being recorded, but no one else ever mentioned it...

Hollyoaks showrunner Paul Marquess has replaced three of the soap's leading producers in a bid to streamline the programme's creative process, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

Marquess, who joined the show last month following Lucy Allan's short stint at the top, took the decision to restructure the top-tier hierarchy at the soap in a bid to create a more effective production team.

Henry Swindell, Caroline Roby and Rachel Hall have all been released from their contracts with show makers Lime Pictures in Liverpool as the position of 'producer' has now been made redundant. Instead, a more streamlined approach has been adopted.

Former head of Hollyoaks' production and ex-Coronation Street producer Trina Fraser returns to the soap as line producer, while once-EastEnders and The Bill story editor Claire Fryer assumes the role of Hollyoaks' series editor.

Speaking exclusively to DS, Marquess said: "I'm delighted that Claire has joined the team as series editor and that Trina has returned to Hollyoaks as my line producer. The editorial changes to the team mark the beginning of the show's reinvigoration and I'm confident that the three of us will form a focused team that can drive Hollyoaks to new heights."

A Hollyoaks source this morning said: "There really is a buzz about the place now. We've a fresh direction and Paul's certainly the man for the job. He's a breath of fresh air and we've every confidence in him."

The changes to the teen soap's production lineup have taken immediate effect and episodes under the new team will begin airing from the middle of the year.

Was watching some backstage footage on the website and Jorgie Porter (Theresa) and Suzanne Hall (Suzanne) were playing a valentine's game, when Suzanne hinted that there may be some snogging going on between her and Darren on the show soon...
    That would be interesting...

Sheree Murphy is returning to the world of soap.
    The mother-of-three is joining the cast of rival soap Hollyoaks, playing the long-lost biological mother of teen Anita Roy (Saira Choudhry).

• Advertisement

Whats the history between Tony and Teresa??

Whats the history between Tony and Teresa??

They slept together. Dunno if it happened more than once or not, but he obviously still has a soft spot for her...

EXTREME SPOILER ALERT

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a207495/hollyoaks-producer-axes-11-more.html

:eek:
    There's one or two on that list that have left me absolutely gobsmacked, although my favourites are still safe for now, which is some comfort...
    I'm particularly shocked about
    Zak and Newt being axed as they're both really popular amongst fans... Kris leaving is big too, but he's leaving by choice...

There is rumours that Mal dies his health gets worse and he asks Kris to help him die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Word on the street is yes... :D
    Oh he is back in all his glory..mmmmmm

Alex Carter is coming back to Hollyoaks as Lee Hunter

Former Footballers' Wives actress Phina Oruche has joined the cast of Hollyoaks.

The 37-year-old - who played WAG Liberty Baker in the fifth and final series of the ITV football drama - will portray the mother of the soap's new four-member mixed race family.

Oruche's screen husband and their two children will arrive in the fictional Chester suburb towards the middle of the year and, according to producer Paul Marquess, are expected to "bring glitz, glamour and great stories" to the programme.

A show source told DS: "Paul has a clear ambition for Hollyoaks - to make it as it's ever been. He really rated Phina during her time on Footbalers' Wives, so knew she was right for the job of heading up the new clan."

Earlier this month, Marquess - who created Footballers' Wives - axed 11 characters from the show and replaced three leading members of the serial's creative team.

In February, ex-Emmerdale star Sheree Murphy joined as Anita Roy's long-lost mother Eva. Further, Marquess has since lured Alex Carter back for an initial six months as Lee Hunter.

Oruche - who finished eighth during the sixth run of ITV1 jungle reality show I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! - is due to begin filming at the soap's home in Liverpool within the next few weeks.

Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks this afternoon announced a raft of new signings as part of the show's overhaul.
    Former The Bill actress Kim Tiddy joins the cast as ex-model and headstrong mother Heidi, the matriarchal figurehead of the soap's new family - the Costellos.
    Heidi's former footballer husband Carl - played by The Chase actor Paul Opacic - arrives at the same time, along with their two children - ladies' man Riley (Rob Norbury) and his younger brother Seth (Miles Higson), who's desperate to prove himself to his parents.
    Meanwhile, as DS exclusively revealed last month, Phina Oruche joins as Gabby Sharpe, who finds herself in the village as she attempts to flee from her husband Phil (Andonis Anthony). Her escape is thrown into jeopardy, however, when she's knocked down and rescued by one of the show's regulars.
    Gabby takes an instant shine to her suitor but as she struggles to cope with her two children Taylor (Shaun Blackstock) and Amber (Lydia Lloyd-Henry), she soon begins to question whether running from her old life was such a good move.
    Ex-Waterloo Road actress Rachel Shenton turns up in Hollyoaks as wannabe glamour model Mitzeee, who's desperate to experience the high life Heidi Costello once had - but just how far will she go in order to secure her dream?
    Finally, Alex Carter's return to the programme as Lee Hunter has been confirmed, as his screen counterpart makes his way back to the village in the hope of making a fresh start.
    Speaking about the hoard of newcomers, series producer Paul Marquess said: "We can't wait for this huge new boost of energy exploding on screen. These exciting new characters join our fantastic core cast. Together they will ensure that 2010 will be a year to remember on Hollyoaks."

Channel 4 has commissioned a third series of Hollyoaks Later, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The late-night E4 spinoff show - which is currently in pre-production at the Liverpool soap's home at Lime Pictures - will this year be headed up by Hollyoaks' new producer Paul Marquess.

Speaking about the project, Marquess said: "This commission is a huge vote of confidence in Hollyoaks from Channel 4. Seamlessly integrated with the 6.30pm shows, Hollyoaks Later 2010 will be the most exciting series so far. Prepare to be blown away."

Storyline details have yet to be confirmed but regular characters slated to be involved include husband and wife duo Mercedes (Jennifer Metcalfe) and Malachy Fisher (Glen Wallace), as well as McQueen cousins (Hollie-Jay Bowes) and Theresa (Jorgie Porter).

Newcomers Carl, Riley and Seth Costello - played by Paul Opacic, Rob Norbury and Miles Higson - will also appear alongside Rachel Shenton, who portrays new wannabe glamour model Mitzeee.

Commissioning editor for Channel 4 Roberto Troni said: "Hollyoaks is a hit with E4 audiences and we always look for opportunities to extend the brand and give fans something extra.

"The Hollyoaks Later spinoff provides a unique opportunity to experiment in a late night slot while staying true to the series. The late-night storylines will be a cocktail of fun, glamour and grown-up drama."

The five hour-long episodes are due to begin filming toward the middle of the year and are expected to transmit on E4 across consecutive weeknights in October.

Hollyoaks' series producer Paul Marquess has announced that he plans to shake up the soap's McQueen family by adding a new member to the clan later this year.

In an interview with Inside Soap, the programme's boss predicted that life will never be the same for the show favourites once the new arrival makes their mark.

Speaking of his plans for the McQueens, Marquess promised: "They're definitely staying! In fact, we're bringing in a new McQueen, who will change the dynamic of the family quite considerably.

"Jacqui in particular will go in a new direction, which is great as I think Claire Cooper is a very good actress."

Meanwhile, Marquess also hinted that fans will be surprised by what is in store for bubbly Cheryl Brady (Bronagh Waugh) and long-standing character Darren Osborne (Ashley Taylor Dawson) over the coming months.

He said: "I love Cheryl. Big things are happening for her - we're bringing in a very nasty man indeed to make her life a misery.

"I think Ashley Taylor Dawson, who plays Darren, is a really strong actor, and by the end of this year we'll see a very different side to his character."

• Advertisement

No no no no no!!

STOP ADDING NEW MCQUEENS!!!

Just get rid of them altogether :mad:

No no no no no!!

STOP ADDING NEW MCQUEENS!!!

Just get rid of them altogether :mad:

Take that back - McQueens kick ass...

Irish actor Emmett Scanlan has been cast as a new bad boy character in Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.

The 30-year-old begins filming with the teen serial next month as Brenden, a sinister new arrival with a dark past.

Scanlan has appeared in a variety of small TV and film parts since 2004, but Hollyoaks will be his first major acting job. His previous credits include appearances on Irish medical drama The Clinic and the 2008 movie Freakdog.

Speaking of his Hollyoaks appointment, Scanlan told the Evening Herald: "I've just booked a leading role in it which starts in May and I'm a bad-ass in it. I play a bad guy with a dark secret who goes by name of Brenden.

"It's a good healthy stint of six to seven months and I can't wait to get started. It's all about new experiences and Hollyoaks has a very impressive history. It's great to be part of it."

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Take that back - McQueens kick ass...

Where on earth are they gonna get another...it'll have to be another never spoken of before long lost relation!!
    I wonder is Teresa's mum coming back & that's who they mean...or maybe it's a new male McQueen..

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Irish actor Emmett Scanlan has been cast as a new bad boy character in Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks.

The 30-year-old begins filming with the teen serial next month as Brenden, a sinister new arrival with a dark past.

Wonder if this is Cheryl's new bad boy?

Theresa is pregnant with Calvins child

Nominations for the 2010 boards.ie Soap Awards is now open... Make sure Hollyoaks gets nominated by casting your nominations in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055907935

God they're really dragging out this Calvin murder storyline!

greenie wrote: »
    Wonder if this is Cheryl's new bad boy?

He is Cheryl's brother I think

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He is Cheryl's brother I think

Ooh didn't know she had family coming..and sounds like he's the complete opposite to her. I do love a northern Irish accent on a man:)

Advertisement