Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered AITI Tax Qualification Info and Questions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Best of luck tomorrow all.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SligoL

How did everyone/anyone find today's APT exam? I was pleasantly surprised in the sense that I hope I managed to make a decent stab at it. Q3, the wordy one, looked dreadful I didn't even read it through, so did the other 4. Having moments of doubt where I wonder did I mis-interpret anything badly enough to have answered a Q wrong e.g. Residency etc but hopefully not. All am aiming for is 50% obviously! Glad some of the more complex issues didn't come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

SligoL wrote: »
    How did everyone/anyone find today's APT exam? I was pleasantly surprised in the sense that I hope I managed to make a decent stab at it. Q3, the wordy one, looked dreadful I didn't even read it through, so did the other 4. Having moments of doubt where I wonder did I mis-interpret anything badly enough to have answered a Q wrong e.g. Residency etc but hopefully not. All am aiming for is 50% obviously! Glad some of the more complex issues didn't come up!

For the first time ever doing these exams I was finished with a few minutes to spare. It seemed like the part two stuff was very topical. No trusts surprised me. One done and over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Szewinska

I went with the wordy one. Hmmm seems like a few didnt. Was a bit more scope for waffle which made me side with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭trg

Hi folks, got on quiet badly in the ABT home assignment & after yesterday I feel it will take a miracle to pass.

If I repeat in Aug I'm stuck with the same home assignment so I have no real desire to do so. If I pass the other 3 I would be more inclined to give it a go alright due to having more time to focus on it.

If I fail in say AIT is it possible to elect to repeat that in August but not repeat ABT until May 15? Or is one obliged to sit them all together?

• Advertisement

I'm open to correction but I thought if you have to repeat in August, the exam is 100% of the grade?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭dustyrip

How did people find the Part 3's last week?

I was sitting Income and Corporation. Income went ok but I thought the Corporation Tax paper was really hard and a lot different to previous exam years.

dustyrip wrote: »
    How did people find the Part 3's last week?

I was sitting Income and Corporation. Income went ok but I thought the Corporation Tax paper was really hard and a lot different to previous exam years.

I found the opposite!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 coolaboola14

Anyone know what time are Part 2 results out next Wednesday (June 11th)?

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Anyone know what time are Part 2 results out next Wednesday (June 11th)?

About 7:40am apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Numero

Well i'm so annoyed. Had 2 to resit. One was a disaster so knew i failed but I flew through the other. Extremely confident I passed. Well apparently not. Failed both.
    What I cant get my head around is I got nearly identical marks in both, despite not even finishing one exam and being very sure of the other. (Though result says otherwise doesn't it). Anyway these exams are starting to wear me down.
    Hope you all got on better than me.

The marks seem a bit odd alright. I would have bet any money that Personal was my worst and CAT the best... Turns out it was the exact opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Has anyone ever appealed successfully before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Hi. I'm just wondering are there any law graduates competing for this qualification? If so, how do they compare to undergraduate law exams? I've just finished my degree and I want to earn a professional qualification. However, both the solicitor and barrister routes are not for me. There are a number of reasons for this but the main one is my age. I'm 30. Of course it's never too late to start/change your career, but I don't want to spend the next few years chasing down a training contract or living on scraps at the Bar. I feel that the CTA qualification is something I can get my teeth into, qualify in good time, and move forward with my career. Saying that, I'm not considering it just because I'm not becoming a lawyer. Tax law was perhaps my favourite subject in college last year, and I earned my best grades at it. So I find the material interesting and it's an area I can see myself working in. Anyway, some advice form law grads would be hugely appreciated, or indeed any useful advice from anyone. Thanks.

Hi. I'm just wondering are there any law graduates competing for this qualification? If so, how do they compare to undergraduate law exams? I've just finished my degree and I want to earn a professional qualification. However, both the solicitor and barrister routes are not for me. There are a number of reasons for this but the main one is my age. I'm 30. Of course it's never too late to start/change your career, but I don't want to spend the next few years chasing down a training contract or living on scraps at the Bar. I feel that the CTA qualification is something I can get my teeth into, qualify in good time, and move forward with my career. Saying that, I'm not considering it just because I'm not becoming a lawyer. Tax law was perhaps my favourite subject in college last year, and I earned my best grades at it. So I find the material interesting and it's an area I can see myself working in. Anyway, some advice form law grads would be hugely appreciated, or indeed any useful advice from anyone. Thanks.

My background - I'm a law grad and have just passed the Part 2s. Only thing is I did my degree a good few years ago now (2003) so my knowledge of college exams is a bit sketchy. Currently working in a Big 4 firm.

I thought the Part 1s were handy enough. Got very good marks in them. Exempt from the law one which was nice.

Part 2s were definitely tougher but quite manageable. Slightly easier than college exams if I remember correctly.

Part 3s next year. I hear the step up is quite big and they're meant to be very challenging. We'll see.

Is there public access to past papers on the AITI website? If not, send me a PM and I can forward you some if you want to see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 coolaboola14

Did anyone go to the Part 2 briefing in Dublin yesterday? Any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 boogie G child

I'm tabbing my VAT act at the moment, can you write words from the headings in italics on tabs or just words from the bolded chapter headings?

Terrified of it being taken off me in the exam - Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Re Capital gains tax part 1- are the MCQ's results published before the main exam?

Dealerz wrote: »
    Re Capital gains tax part 1- are the MCQ's results published before the main exam?

Yes. Usually 5/6 weeks beforehand if I remember correctly.

I'm tabbing my VAT act at the moment, can you write words from the headings in italics on tabs or just words from the bolded chapter headings?

Terrified of it being taken off me in the exam - Thanks!

I tabbed from both (whichever was most useful to me). Am pretty sure that's acceptable although my leg. wasn't checked. Also be sure to tab the leaflets, they're invaluable in the exam if you get stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 boogie G child

I tabbed from both (whichever was most useful to me). Am pretty sure that's acceptable although my leg. wasn't checked. Also be sure to tab the leaflets, they're invaluable in the exam if you get stuck.

Thanks for that, very helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 snapcracklepop

best of luck wednesday guys

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Anneb158

Likewise, I cannot sleep last couple of nights, just dreading having to study again for August, have no idea if I have passed PT or PATAE, will be worried if I not get BT and Indirect as think I have gotten them. Best Luck to all

Best of luck everyone! Starting to obsess about them now also and becoming less confident by the day. Even had a sneaky look earlier "in case they were up early"! As if!

I sat Income and Corporation for the third time in May. Still annoyed over the Corporation Tax paper.

Haven't a clue what way they will be marked. Just want to know at this stage, and ruin my life again for another few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 snapcracklepop

My nerves are spent.

What time are the results 8 or 9am?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Anneb158

when I did part 1 and 2 they were up at 7.30 am, but on website it tells us by 9am

I have a feeling I'll be checking them constantly from the early hours of the morning.....I have definitely gotten the CA results pre 8am the last 2 years for Part 2 and Part 3.

• Advertisement

:D

Advertisement