Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to the w*nker who tried to steal my car

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dont really see anything funny in this thread or any reason it would be thread of the day, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Thargor wrote: »
    Dont really see anything funny in this thread or any reason it would be thread of the day, ah well.

It's selected at random I think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

javaboy wrote: »
    It's selected at random I think.

Yeah it's completely random (well as random as a computer can be), still find it funny when threads like this get it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Degsy wrote: »
    Unfortunatly old cars are much easier to steal.
    They tend not to have immobilisers,central locking,alarms or prgrammed keys.
    If you have an old car and no alarm for it,get a length of big,thich chain and secure it to the wheel with a big-old padlock.
    They might be able to cut the chain but that means they'd have to bring a bolt cutters with them and carrying one alone will get them nicked.

old cars have pretty crappy steering wheels... you can cut through that foamy steering wheel ( depending at which part its locked at ) and get away easily...

or pull the wheel itself off and drive with a vice grips attached.

Either way, if you know what your doing, any car can be stolen... the OP's car thiefs clearly didn't. Just wasting your time it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Car is fit for scrap now as it was a 94, and will prob cost more to fix that what the car is worth. This is just great, first i lost a job, now, no car

Sorry to hear it mate, but it won't actually cost that much, same thing happened to me last year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thargor wrote: »

Thread of the day is not selected solely for its comical value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Rics

Sorry to hear about the car OP.
    I think we are already seeing a rise in petty crimes and it will increase further as well. So many seem to begging in Dublin City centre compared even to a few months ago. I can barely go outside for a smoke without being asked for something. I know many of these people have hard lives and I accept that. I am just trying to point out the increase in these types of activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Rebelheart wrote: »
    That is pathetic. A 1994 car. It's the car robbers equivalent of beating up a poor elderly lady rather than robbing a bank.

Amazingly it's usually easier to beat up an old lady instead of robbing a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

3 words ...

second hand parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Tea Spoon

Car thieves are the absolute scum of the earth whether they be stealing a brand new motor or a cheap old banger.

Point is this though - I reckon everyone who owns a car has a duty to make sure it is secure and as awkward to take as possible. If they want it then they will have it but why make life easy for them? Furthermore there are the people who will be injured or worse killed should a stolen car hit them. I don't car about the car thief but sadly they don't car about taking someone elses life with them and have a totally absent regard for anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

ITS EASY and cheap to fit a hidden battery switch.IF THEY TRY TO ROB IT car wont start.They like old cars cos they are easy to rob.IF THEY see a big chain and padlock on the steering wheel they wont even try.OR JUST take out ,the ignition fuse.ITS YOUR duty to make it hard to rob your car.MOST new cars have immobiisers ,alarms etc.I WOUlD NOT call the garda for a 94 car,the chances are some 16 year old kids stole it.IF I HAD a car id put a chain on the front gate after 11.30pm.HOW much time do you think the gardai or gonna spend looking 4 a 94 model car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Very opportunistic out of the second poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭boardinwork

walked out to the car this morning, to find the lock broken, and a load of wires pulled out of the ignition, in an attempt to hotwire it.

F*CKING SCUMBAGS

Car is fit for scrap now as it was a 94, and will prob cost more to fix that what the car is worth. This is just great, first i lost a job, now, no car

My mate's motorbike was robbed about 6 months ago. He got a call the other day off a cop who had found it. The rotter who took it had being using a spoon for the last 6 months to start it up! The cop dropped my mate to Blanchardstown to pick it up and handed him a spoon :pac: What a legend :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

bit of an update:D

guards took prints yesterday, so after that i could enter the car. one of the scumbags was smart enough to leave his lighter on the driver seat:rolleyes: defo not mine, i dont smoke, and none of my mates that smoke have been in the car in ages. It shouldnt cost too much to fix, i think its just the wires that were cut, the steering lock wasn't broken. The lock on the driver side is working as well, cant see the part where the key goes in, so not sure if that is working. A relative is going to have a look at it tomorrow night, il let ye know how i get on. Thanks of the advice, il defo get a chain and lock!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Costly measure is to get a remote bollard at the entrance to your driveway. A determined bastard will plow through your wall instead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭worded

I heard of someone who glued razor blades under his car stereo years ago.

One morn he opened his car and there was blood every where, the thief had beaten the sh1t out of his car for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i wish to god someone would steal my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

gamer wrote: »
    ITS EASY and cheap to fit a hidden battery switch.IF THEY TRY TO ROB IT car wont start.They like old cars cos they are easy to rob.IF THEY see a big chain and padlock on the steering wheel they wont even try.OR JUST take out ,the ignition fuse.ITS YOUR duty to make it hard to rob your car.MOST new cars have immobiisers ,alarms etc.I WOUlD NOT call the garda for a 94 car,the chances are some 16 year old kids stole it.IF I HAD a car id put a chain on the front gate after 11.30pm.HOW much time do you think the gardai or gonna spend looking 4 a 94 model car?

i agree - my mates civic has it as he wont spend the few quid for better locks - its a mule of a car so quite literally fitted the switch within 10 minutes, hidden in a nice spot and believe me - most anyone wouldn't cop it.

what make was the car if you don't mind me asking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,980 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I noticed an interesting feature on my Grand Cherokee. It only came with 1 smart key so I went to the hardware store to get a copy. You can get into the car and get the AC going, but if you start the engine it will cut off after 2 seconds - apparently, this is because the engine isnt getting some kind of signal from the key.

How easy is that to hotwire id like to know?

Also I cant believe this isnt posted yet. Apparently this is Wibbs' car.

edit: did some googling and apparently its Jeep's own Sentry Key system. Hard to crack without one of the smart keys on you. \o/

Advertisement