Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to the w*nker who tried to steal my car

Options
  • 13-05-2009 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

walked out to the car this morning, to find the lock broken, and a load of wires pulled out of the ignition, in an attempt to hotwire it.

F*CKING SCUMBAGS

Car is fit for scrap now as it was a 94, and will prob cost more to fix that what the car is worth. This is just great, first i lost a job, now, no car
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

That sucks..

sorry to hear it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Hard Luck lad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Sorry to hear about your car.

If it was me I'd leave it exactly as it is and see what happens. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

walked out to the car this morning, to find the lock broken, and a load of wires pulled out of the ignition, in an attempt to hotwire it.

F*CKING SCUMBAGS

Car is fit for scrap now as it was a 94, and will prob cost more to fix that what the car is worth. This is just great, first job lost, now, no car

I feel your pain.
    Something similar happened to me twice this year.

My car's nothing special either, which makes it all the more baffling.

Not a nice feeling.
    Were the guards helpful?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well now that you have no job, where ya planning on driving to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Probably won't cost a whole pile to fix to be honest. These people are your friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Shop? Find another job perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Sorry to hear that.

Can you claim anything from your insurance company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

To Summerhill Spares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Check how much itd cost to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Its a sign from god telling you your new career is to become a mechanic firstly by fixing your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Job interviews?
    tech77 wrote:
    Were the guards helpful?

They came out in a half hour, still waiting on guys to try and take finger prints. I doubt they will get anybody for it, and if they do, what will they get only a slap on the wrist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

F*CKING SCUMBAGS

Car is fit for scrap now as it was a 94, and will prob cost more to fix that what the car is worth. This is just great, first i lost a job, now, no car

That is pathetic. A 1994 car. It's the car robbers equivalent of beating up a poor elderly lady rather than robbing a bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I doubt they will get anybody for it, and if they do, what will they get only a slap on the wrist

They would have to kill somebody with it first then get a suspended slap on the wrist. Sorry to hear about the car - that sucks.

happened to my husband years ago but the battery in the car was dead so they couldn't get it out of the drive way! the guards came, took a piece from inside the car and said they'd be back in touch, never heard from them again and then when my husb tried to get the piece of car back, they knew nothing about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Scumbags love old cars for some reason. I was getting back to my car parked at the back of DCU in Santry a few months back, only to find 6-7 scumbags around it, some pulling the door handles, others sitting on the car or having a look around. A gang of 15-18 year olds.

Guess I got off lucky, managed to get into the car and drive off, with just insults being thrown at me. Another 30 minutes and I wouldn't have it anymore... And it's a '96 micra for god's sake!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm not a doctor, but they should have the wires pulled out of thier spine :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Saibh wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that.

Can you claim anything from your insurance company?

Claiming anything for that on a 94 isnt worth the money tbh. Bloody insurance companies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Unfortunatly old cars are much easier to steal.
    They tend not to have immobilisers,central locking,alarms or prgrammed keys.
    If you have an old car and no alarm for it,get a length of big,thich chain and secure it to the wheel with a big-old padlock.
    They might be able to cut the chain but that means they'd have to bring a bolt cutters with them and carrying one alone will get them nicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Car is fit for scrap now as it was a 94, and will prob cost more to fix that what the car is worth.

That's perfect, you can use it to learn car mechanics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

SV wrote: »
    That sucks..

sorry to hear it :/

Lulz. 10/10 for sig aptness :pac: Pity hes potless though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭chrisp2281

You shoudl put some horrible stuff on the underneath the door handles for them if they come back. I suggest dog sh*t :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

well the reason they went after my car, as its a 1994, no alarm. The bonnet was open so they must have had a bit of trouble trying to start it. I live in a fairly quiet estate, never see too many scumbags around, just the odd one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ePS1teP9G0
    2:07 into the video, this is how i feel:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The bonnet was open so they must have had a bit of trouble trying to start it
    Not being bad like, but I'd say you had too :pac:

Take it as a sign.. the universe was telling you to let it die with dignity. Or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

netman wrote: »
    Scumbags love old cars for some reason.

hmmm

take any old car you can put a carrot in it and the door opens like some sort of magic...

Exaggeration slighty but any car pre 97 and some further up the scale are all easy to open if looked...

Take the honda civic.... even if its locked you can pry the driver's side indicator stick a coat hanger in hock the bonnet pull pull it thus opening the bonnet disconnect the batty from there you can break the window bend the door back... figure out the alarm if it has one.... and from there break the steering lock, and of you go... welll more or less

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Tough break. Ya auto be locking up your car better in future though man!. I think it is my civic duty however to offer condolenses. Terrible thing to happen to anyone. Just scumbags trying to Impreza their mates no doubt. I'm sure you're findin' it hard to Focus on anythin else so heres to hoping to can a aford to get it repaired!

I am so, so sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Maybe we shouldn't turn this thread into the Haynes guide to breaking into old cars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

javaboy wrote: »
    Maybe we shouldn't turn this thread into the Haynes guide to breaking into old cars.

I thaught it was common knowledge :confused:

I've never ever broken into car i just knew people who have :(

Advertisement