Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to the w*nker who tried to steal my car

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Abigayle wrote: »
    Not being bad like, but I'd say you had too :pac:

ha!
    I had to replace the battery last November, and there is a set of jump leads still behind the driver seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Degsy wrote: »
    Unfortunatly old cars are much easier to steal.
    They tend not to have immobilisers,central locking,alarms or prgrammed keys.
    If you have an old car and no alarm for it,get a length of big,thich chain and secure it to the wheel with a big-old padlock.
    They might be able to cut the chain but that means they'd have to bring a bolt cutters with them and carrying one alone will get them nicked.

Another advantage of the chain is that while professional thieves will no doubt have the tools to deal with it you can be pretty sure some snivelling little 14 year old won't be able to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

ha!
    I had to replace the battery last November, and there is a set of jump leads still behind the driver seat!

Is it a Corolla? those fcukers never die :pac:

Sorry to hear about the job, hope ya get something soon. Wait a minute.. You had jump-leads behind your seat? Good lawd.. give some homeless hens a new gaff dude :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Is it a Corolla? those fcukers never die :pac:

yes it is! over 241,000 on the clock and still going grand!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

dsmythy wrote: »
    Another advantage of the chain is that while professional thieves will no doubt have the tools to deal with it you can be pretty sure some snivelling little 14 year old won't be able to get it.

Dont forget to padlock the chain and place the padlock in a visible place on the steering wheel,somepeople just wind a chain round the wheel and dont lock it..the scumbags know this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Frank how are ya going to go fishing now???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

alan4cult wrote: »
    Shop? Find another job perhaps?

Ah... here's the answer to Irelands problems... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

sorry to hear that OP, you should get yourself one of these ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I had a friend with an old fiesta(a favorite for thief's) his solution was to put a stop on the fuel line under the seat. Won't stop them breaking in but they won't get away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Let your dog sleep in the car a night
    Cheaper alternative to a car alarm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Aww poor OP. I know how you feel. My first car was robbed...an old Civic. It was found burnt out in a field in Darndale and i burst into tears when i seen it...although i soon found out i was crying beside the wrong car as there were 2 others also smouldering beside it and i couldnt tell which was mine.

If i ever get hold of the little boll*xes who did it....:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

SRFC90 wrote: »
    I am so, so sorry.

Don't be, I was expecting this thread to be hijacked with puns a lot earlier tbh.

OT: Diesel goes to show that nobody is safe from these scumbags. Stories like this are ridiculously commonplace and tyre-ing nowadays.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have had door locks broken twice, two windows broken.

no respect for the scum, as the car can be opened with a coat hanger
    its just brute force and ignorance ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

ScumLord wrote: »
    I had a friend with an old fiesta(a favorite for thief's) his solution was to put a stop on the fuel line under the seat.

Interesting idea! Never heard of that before.

Sorry to hear about your car op. Never had mine stolen (touch wood) but had my van broken into, probably looking for tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

With all the older cars staying on the road nowadays, and the many talented out-of-work PIRA volunteers up North, a great business opening exists for ignition-tripped shrapnel devices for car seats.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sorry to hear about the car, frank. It's a pity you didn't catch them in the act so you could go all American History X on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

Go to a scrappie, 20 quid and youll be laughin!

You'll have a different key for the door like me then!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yep wanker scum and no mistake. I fcukin despise these type of scum. Had a car nicked years ago and swore it wouldn't happen to me again. Or at least I would make the monobrowed, bad haired, ovenchiped skinned little pussbags really work for it. Got the lowdown from a guy who used to do it but who fair play and uncommonly turned his life around.

OK my 2 cents. The chain and padlock as said before is a good plan. Locking wheel nuts(good quality) are another if you have decent alloys. It slows the scum down and that's all you're after. Hidden fuel cutoff and separate fuel pump cutoff another link in the chain. Then the alarm. Most are crap, or more to the point are badly or obviously fitted and some make it actually easier to jump start the car. One bunch of "pro" propeller heads were actually bypassing the cars internal key immobiliser by supergluing the master key to the steering column. Sure sign darwin got it wrong.:rolleyes: Fit an alarm but put the alarm control box somewhere hard to get at. Word to the wise, behind the dashboard is not hard to get at and where 99% of alarm fitters put it. Behind a rear panel that requires 15 mins with screwdrivers is a far better bet. Fit a second small 12 volt backup battery beside it. That way popping the bonnet does them no good. Get a second high volume siren and fit it inside the car. Deafen the scum. Fit the main siren in one of the wings under the plastic splashguards not under the bonnet where again 99% are fitted. Get a siren with its own built in backup battery so even if they do get to the wires and cut them it's still going off. Fit a secondary time delayed immobiliser so that even if they ahve the keys the car shuts down after half a mile. There are a few other tricks too. If you have a civic like Snow-Monkey said popping the bonnet is too easy, so re route the bonnet release through the other side of the bulkhead. again that slows the scum down. There are other things you can do too. The plan is to slow them down. Confuse the scum. Most have no brains and are easily confused. Slow them down enough that it's too much bther to keep going or they will be disturbed by someone. The people who say "if they want it, sure they'll get it" are defeatist IMHO. Yes it's true to some degree, but these guys are not advisers on "gone in 60 seconds". You can slow them down to the point where you stop them.

Ok some of this stuff is pricey. The alarm for a start, but even there you can get a clifford level alarm on ebay for not as much as you think. Viper and a load of others are all owned by the same crowd. Ebay for internal sirens and backup batteries too.. Lets say you have a "junker" but fcukit it's your junker, so fit the fuel pump cutoff and a second ignition cutoff. Throw in the dirty great padlock and chain like Degsy suggested. That lot will cost you buttons and is worth it in the long run. If you have something nicer and you don;t go the whole hog and protect it then I really don't know. If your stereo costs more than the price of your security I think your priorities are skewed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Cripes Wibbsy. When you decide to post in a thread, you really do commit to it, doncha?

/post essay

:pac:

Good points, as per usual ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Feck off:p I thought ladies like the long ones anyway. Now that's an AH response.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Wibbs wrote: »
    Feck off

Less of that please.

:D
    I have waited so so long to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Rebelheart wrote: »
    That is pathetic. A 1994 car. It's the car robbers equivalent of beating up a poor elderly lady rather than robbing a bank.

i think scumbags just take any car for joyriding, most new cars have immobilisers and alarms and the like, if you just wanted any auld car to go 'buzzin' up the fields youd take something old so you dont have to deal with all that

Less of that please.
    :D
    I have waited so so long to do that.
    See if you walk in to ask for a valuation on your Casio, you are fcuked. Big time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

See if you walk in to ask for a valuation on your Casio, you are fcuked. Big time.

Casio?
    Clearly you haven't been stephened yet.
    I have a fricking sundial made by pushing a pencil clean through my wrist.
    The kids outside the local shop call me jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭PeterLT

walked out to the car this morning, to find the lock broken, and a load of wires pulled out of the ignition, in an attempt to hotwire it.

F*CKING SCUMBAGS

Car is fit for scrap now as it was a 94, and will prob cost more to fix that what the car is worth. This is just great, first i lost a job, now, no car

Sorry to hear that... But I don't think it will be expensive to fix everyting. If the ignition lock is still working all you have to do is connect the wires.

You can learn from that and try somehow to prevent it from happening again, there were some good tips from Wibbs.

This is interesting link:

http://www.fhm.lt/ilgapirsciu-nuotykiai-4945.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Tough break. Ya auto be locking up your car better in future though man!. I think it is my civic duty however to offer condolenses. Terrible thing to happen to anyone. Just scumbags trying to Impreza their mates no doubt. I'm sure you're findin' it hard to Focus on anythin else so heres to hoping to can a aford to get it repaired!

I am so, so sorry.

Give it a brake sharpshoo.....

Holy ****. That wasn't sharpy????1?1?

OMFG!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Degsy wrote: »
    Dont forget to padlock the chain and place the padlock in a visible place on the steering wheel,somepeople just wind a chain round the wheel and dont lock it..the scumbags know this.

Spot on! Big chain and lock is a good deterrant.

OP: Considering you're unemployed, you have some time on your hands. Why not buy a Haynes manual and try fix it yourself?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thread of the day. Someone has a twisted sense of humour. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

hi frankcarty sorry to hear about the car i work in the moter trade and im very handy with fixing cars. id would be happy to fit the parts for free if you buy them anything that can help you out in these hard time,s if you want pm me i have great contact,s in the scrap yards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

lol

Advertisement