Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst thing about this recession

Options
  • 07-05-2009 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

Is all the jealousy it has brought out in people towards other people who have money.
    Its not their fault they were sensible with their money and job choice.

Also its not the banks fault that you have a €400K mortgage that you're finding hard to pay back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Doing well eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Another Recession thread:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Stephen will be disappointed to see another recession thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Is all the jealousy it has brought out in people towards other people who have money.
    Its not their fault they were sensible with their money and job choice.
    ... trumped only by the sneering at people who have lost everything and the assumption it's because they weren't sensible, when it could happen to anyone.
    Job choice? By your logic, anyone who didn't go for a public sector position wasn't being sensible...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Hey you let's fight post about the recession!

Them's fightin recession talk!

And now we have 1000000 threads on this. You know what sucks? You do. And me for posting and this elevating this.

I'm cold and hungry and bored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The worst thing about the recession is that it was allowed to happen. Bogger developers with their bogger associates who were not educated and used to money were allowed to run the place. Simple people who should never have been afforded entire 'Boom Pies' when a slice was good enough for them. When will you people learn that democracy just doesn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dear OP,

What recession?

Yours in denial,

AnonoBoy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

mike65 wrote: »
    Doing well eh? ;)

No just not doing **** and bitching about it like its not my fault

Dudess wrote: »
    ... trumped only by the sneering at people who have lost everything and the assumption it's because they weren't sensible, when it could happen to anyone.
    Job choice? By your logic, anyone who didn't go for a public sector position wasn't being sensible...

I wasn't saying it like that, i'm not in public sector but everyone seems to be against public workers like its their fault

No just not doing **** and bitching about it like its not my fault
    How would it be someone's fault if they weren't taking the piss during the boom years but are still ****ed now because they've been laid off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭flanzer

Cry me a river

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Also its not the banks fault that you have a €400K mortgage that you're finding hard to pay back

Eh yes it is. I'd compare what the banks do to an adult giving a child poison and telling them it's sweets. When the child gets sick it's somehow suddenly the childs fault for liking sweets?

Most adults really don't have a clue when it comes to basic economics and furthermore it's not their fault either. Western society doesn't educate people on the financial matters that apply to their life deliberately so they'll just fall into the trap like everyone else and then spend the rest of their lives working like a virtual slave to get out of it. There should be mandatory classes in school to teach people how to manage money .... but of course that'd never happen because government and the banks would rather keep us in the dark from day one.

How would it be someone's fault if they weren't taking the piss during the boom years but are still ****ed now because they've been laid off?

Save money and cut the sh1t once the sh1t hits the fan

(Financially secure here btw)

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    Eh yes it is. I'd compare what the banks do to an adult giving a child poison and telling them it's sweets. When the child gets sick it's somehow suddenly the childs fault for liking sweets?

Most adults really don't have a clue when it comes to basic economics and furthermore it's not their fault either. Western society doesn't educate people on the financial matters that apply to their life deliberately so they'll just fall into the trap like everyone else and then spend the rest of their lives working like a virtual slave to get out of it. There should be mandatory classes in school to teach people how to manage money .... but of course that'd never happen because government and the banks would rather keep us in the dark from day one.

If you can't firgure out,
    "Don't spend more than you have and save a little for a rainy day"
    Then theres no hope for you

(Financially secure here btw)

Have ya got a euro for the bus?
    I lost me job and have no money, its the governments fault, no wait its the banks fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

The worst thing about this recession is it didn't come sooner.

Could've avoided a few hundred thousand immigrants coming in and increasing the current problem.

If you can't firgure out,
    "Don't spend more than you have and save a little for a rainy day"
    Then theres no hope for you

You say that but I can understand that for a person who entered the workforce at the begining of the goodtimes that they might presume it'd always be that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭el_tiddlero

money is an imaginary concept. it makes little difference to the state of your soul if you are rich as can be, or balls-deep in debt.
    Realise the actuality of your inner power, see the world as it really is. Don't believe these false imaginings that the fools want you to gobble up like turkeys in time for christmas mass.
    Fight the dream power of the oppressors. They have no gums.

also, anyone got a lend of a fiver?

You say that but I can understand that for a person who entered the workforce at the begining of the goodtimes that they might presume it'd always be that way.

So its their fault for presuming

• Advertisement

Save money and cut the sh1t once the sh1t hits the fan
    So if a father of three children (all under working age) earning a moderate wage which is the household's only income, with a modest mortgage and little or no debts and even some savings is laid off... he has no reason to complain or worry when the jobs market is as bad as it is? Sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

was poor before it, during it , and after it. meh! Screw ye if ye can't afford your 2 holidays a year and another 42" LCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭bladespin

So if a father of three children (all under working age) earning a moderate wage which is the household's only income, with a modest mortgage and little or no debts and even some savings is laid off... he has no reason to complain or worry when the jobs market is bad as it is? Sure...

Looking at some recent posts (38k on the dole) they might actually be better off.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055543315&highlight=38k

Worst thing about the recession seems to be the amount of people talking it up instead of doing something about it.

Have ya got a euro for the bus?
    I lost me job and have no money, its the governments fault, no wait its the banks fault
    Well actually, a good deal of it is for those who weren't fools with money during the good times. Are you saying if that was the case for you (I'm fairly confident it isn't and you're in permanent employment) you'd still say "Ah I must not complain. Even though it's not my fault, it... is"?

ewj1978 wrote: »
    was poor before it, during it , and after it. meh! Screw ye if ye can't afford your 2 holidays a year and another 42" LCD.
    Oh yes, because of course, if a person loses their job, their main concern is not being able to afford two holidays a year and another 42" LCD.

So if a father of three children (all under working age) earning a moderate wage which is the household's only income, with a modest mortgage and little or no debts and even some savings is laid off... he has no reason to complain or worry when the jobs market is as bad as it is? Sure...

Well maybe he does a little, but he has no right to be all cun.ty to people who still have jobs or money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Oh yes, because of course, if a person loses their job, their main concern is not being able to afford two holidays a year and another 42" LCD.

no. they'd be worried about paying for their overpriced house's massive mortgage.

some public sector nub actually came out with not being able to afford his summer holiday abroad...poor him

Well actually, a good deal of it is for those who weren't fools with money during the good times. Are you saying if that was the case for you (I'm fairly confident it isn't and you're in permanent employment) you'd still say "Ah I must not complain. Even though it's not my fault, it... is"?

I'm not in permanent employment, and i don't get what you're trying to say :o

What I mean is: would you not be pissed off and upset if you lost your job?
    ewj1978 wrote: »
    no. they'd be worried about paying for their overpriced house's massive mortgage.
    :confused: Or... maybe they wouldn't? Why this assumption that everyone who loses their job and is freaked about it is someone who was a muppet with money during the boom?

• Advertisement

I agree but what about the last ten years when they did blow money on that sorta sh1t, i betcha that money would come in handy now if they had saved it

Advertisement