Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugly man is Maddie suspect

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

I don't find them attractive at all

Well thats becuase you probably hang only with the beautiful people.

Amongst normal people they are definitely attractive, even when looking sad ( which is genuine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

asdasd wrote: »
    Well thats becuase you probably hang only with the beautiful people.

Amongst normal people they are definitely attractive, even when looking sad ( which is genuine)

No i just find them normal looking people as i do everyone.I don't think anyone is more beautiful then the next person.
    I have a thing when i like someone and think they are good people they are beautiful people inside and out,but if they are mean people i find them unattractive to look at as well.
    In the case of the mccanns i think they are normal looking as i don't know them.
    But i think that finding is not accurate with looks and honesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

:eek:
    The only part of this weird post i agree with is the bold bit.
    They certainly are not normal.

? my post was simple. I accused the guy who believed that they were not attractive of hanging with the beautiful people, but amongst us normal people they are attractive.

I dont understand any of your post on the other hand. You boldified the part of my post you didnt agree with, and said that was the only part you agreed with.

This thread is getting remedial.

Sorry, let me simplify it for you.

I disagree, they are not attractive & i agree, they certainly are NOT normal.

• Advertisement

Police interviewing known paedophile who stayed near the resort when Maddie was abducted! I hope they find out what happened to her.
    He is dying of cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

shqipshume wrote: »
    Police interviewing known paedophile who stayed near the resort when Maddie was abducted! I hope they find out what happened to her.
    He is dying of cancer.

It's the McCann's private investigators that want to question him I think not the official police. Scarily he really looks like Gail Cooper's photofit (the original ugly man). I pray to God he didn't have anything to do with it. I've always leaned towards the belief that something befell her accidentally in the room, it seems more likely when you read all the evidence....I suppose deep down i'd rather think that than something unimaginable like some abomination of humanity getting their filthy paws on her.

Ann22 wrote: »
    It's the McCann's private investigators that want to question him I think not the official police. Scarily he really looks like Gail Cooper's photofit (the original ugly man). I pray to God he didn't have anything to do with it. I've always leaned towards the belief that something befell her accidentally in the room, it seems more likely when you read all the evidence....I suppose deep down i'd rather think that than something unimaginable like some abomination of humanity getting their filthy paws on her.

No i heard it on news today police are questioning him tonight.
    I know what you mean it very heart breaking to think of something so horrific happening to a child.Makes me sick to my stomach sad:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Sorry, let me simplify it for you.

I disagree, they are not attractive & i agree, they certainly are NOT normal.
    What's not normal about them?

cjbh wrote: »
    i'm extremely suspicious of the McCanns, and have been from the start.
    i don't know how so many people have been suckered by them

there is so much circumstantial evidence against them, i know it wouldn't hold in court, but it's enough to make you think

e.g.
    -Irish man saw Gerry carrying blonde girl towards the beach
    -dogs smelled death on Kate
    -Kate washed Maddie's toys
    -DNA of Maddie in the boot of the car
    -Kate's bible bookmarked on suspicious page
    -their general behaviour
    -lying about a window being forced open
    etc. etc.

the simplest explanation is usually the right one. Maddie woke up, had an accident, parents freaked, disposed the body, got friends to help...IMO simpler than opportunistic paedophile in quiet resort town just happened across the apartment while the parents just happened to be out
    Well one would hope so - the parents thing is far more exciting and scandalous than the boring paedophile thing... :pac:

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    Well one would hope so - the parents thing is far more exciting and scandalous than the boring paedophile thing... :pac:

Paedophiles don't go to these places in organised groups and watch kids and target them for specific reasons at all sure they dont.
    They kidnap children to a buyers actual request or for them selves or groups.Why are people so laid back about that,and think these guys are just opportunistic? They are opportunistic in beginning but after that they become very organised.

What's not normal about them?

Are you being silly?:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

does anyone else thing he looks like Lee Van Cleef?
    http://arcona.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/lee-van-cleef.jpg
    not sure if this has been noted in this thread already...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ann22 wrote: »

The picture of him from 12 years ago looks like Gail Cooper's photofit. I think it is more a case of trying to make the pieces fit. The photo they showed of the guy they are now suspecting is from 1997. They showed more recent pictures of him from the last three years and he did not have the tache or long hair in pics taken a month or so before the kid was taken.

Although it would be better for all involved if he was the guilty one as at least then there would be some closure to this thing. But I have my doubts that it was him, despite his past history.

Does anybody know if Jane Tanner pointed the finger at Murat, or not?

Some reports say she did, but the reporting on this case - specially regarding Murat - was atrocious.

Kess73 wrote: »
    The picture of him from 12 years ago looks like Gail Cooper's photofit. I think it is more a case of trying to make the pieces fit. The photo they showed of the guy they are now suspecting is from 1997. They showed more recent pictures of him from the last three years and he did not have the tache or long hair in pics taken a month or so before the kid was taken.

Although it would be better for all involved if he was the guilty one as at least then there would be some closure to this thing. But I have my doubts that it was him, despite his past history.

I read that Police sources said he had been eliminated because his bank card was used in Lisbon – three hours from Praia da Luz – at the time Madeleine was abducted.
    In all honesty, I'd say there were a fair few paedos about the place at the time. The investigators are meant to be checking another one out at the moment.

There's just too much fingerpointing.

Does anybody know if Jane Tanner pointed the finger at Murat, or not?

Some reports say she did, but the reporting on this case - specially regarding Murat - was atrocious.

Yes she did. She was taken in a police surveillence vehicle where she observed people passing by. She formally identified Murat as being the man she saw 'by the way he walked'.. this was after the original eggman sketch where the face was vague. Later on she helped in the original ugly long haired man sketch-totally different from Murat. (as a matter of interest, David Payne is a dead ringer for Murat).

Extraordinary.

The only thing I can say in her favour is maybe she did see someone, and she *wanted* to believe it was Murat, or was under pressure to say so.

Thats the best scenario. The worst scenario is she didnt see someone and was pointing at Murat to deliberately frame an innocent man.

shqipshume wrote: »
    Paedophiles don't go to these places in organised groups and watch kids and target them for specific reasons at all sure they dont.
    They kidnap children to a buyers actual request or for them selves or groups.Why are people so laid back about that,and think these guys are just opportunistic? They are opportunistic in beginning but after that they become very organised.
    I'm not laidback about it at all - I was just taking the piss out of a particular post.
    Are you being silly?:rolleyes:
    What they did - leaving their children unsupervised - was not normal, but that's not what was being discussed in this instance. People were referring to how they appear - and yes, they appear normal. It's just bizarre to say they don't. They look and act like any youngish couple whom you wouldn't bat an eyelid at if you saw interacting on the street.
    cjbh wrote: »
    they are not criminal masterminds, but they are rich and can afford good lawyers and good PR. they are also attractive people and studies have shown that people are more likely to attribute good qualities (such as honesty) to attractive people than to unattractive people (e.g. Karen Matthews)

people like me are not desperate to see them found guilty, I am just calling it as i see it. We have been duped before by 'victims' keeling to our hearts. It's time to stop being naive.
    How is it "naive" to give them the benefit of the doubt? What's naive is to treat this sorry affair as if it's an episode of Eastenders.
    :eek:
    What was said was "they are attractive to normal people" so that response doesn't make sense at all.
    And yes, in a general sense, they're reasonably attractive. They're hardly unattractive just because they don't look like Brad and Angelina. They're fairly young, fit, healthy, slim, well presented. These tick the attractive box - one doesn't have to fancy them to make them attractive. We're not talking about personal preference anyway.

LOL at how people are determined to depict them as akin to Fred and Rosemary West. Innocent until proven guilty perhaps?

• Advertisement

LOL at how people are determined to depict them as akin to Fred and Rosemary West. Innocent until proven guilty perhaps?

I don't think many folk think they're child murderers at all, no one's saying that. They're a long way from Fred and Rose. They're neglectful parents who have lost a child because of it regardless of what happened...I can't imagine they'll ever have peace of mind again.
    You could read through the official pj files here http://the3arguidos.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=39 so you have a balanced view of the situation. The uk papers are not reliable sources of info.

Ann, people do seem to be itching for them to be guilty of their daughter's murder - and in order to galvanise support for this hatefulness, they start fabricating bullsh1t about how they're sinister and creepy and abnormal... a weird couple like the Wests or Hindley/Brady.

I'm not 100% ruling out the possibility that Madeline's gone because of them - I can't, seeing as I don't have all the facts - but until there's solid proof, best not to make such serious allegations. It has been well publicised how fake allegations destroy lives. And I still find it utterly mindblowing that they left their children sleeping alone - it was an outrageous thing to do - doesn't mean they killed her though...

Ann, people do seem to be itching for them to be guilty of their daughter's murder - and in order to galvanise support for this hatefulness, they start fabricating bullsh1t about how they're sinister and creepy and abnormal... a weird couple like the Wests or Hindley/Brady.
    I'm not 100% ruling out the possibility that Madeline's gone because of them - I can't, seeing as I don't have all the facts - but until there's solid proof, best not to make such serious allegations. It has been well publicised how fake allegations destroy lives. And I still find it utterly mindblowing that they left their children sleeping alone - it was an outrageous thing to do - doesn't mean they killed her though...

I don't pay any heed to extreme theories..No way would I accuse them of harming her themselves...at the most I believe it was an accident. I really don't want to believe someone took her...if she was mine I'd never get over it:(.
    A girl I work with has just returned from Salou. She was playing on the beach with her little 3yr old girl..when she noticed a man sitting on a bench nearby. He was playing with himself up the leg of his shorts. This girl is really attractive, she thought he was watching her...but when she got up to go, her little one ran off...the creep's head turned like lightning after her. It was her he was leering at. Can you believe it? The wee blonde thing was there in her wee vest. What a creep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

No way the McCanns had anything to do with the dissappearance of Madeline, of course they are guilty of leaving their children alone, but Kate looks terrible now the strain and guilt must be killing her inside, only for the twins I would say she wouldn't be able to keep going. I think people take a dislike to them because they are both Doctors classed as well off and that irks your daily sun/star readers in the UK and here!

No way the McCanns had anything to do with the dissappearance of Madeline
    We can't make that statement unequivocally either, but yeah, such speculation was rife over the dingo/baby killing which resulted in the mother being jailed - she was a Seventh Day Adventist, and thus, a "cult" member so she must have been "weird". There were similar murmurings in relation to Sarah Payne's family, because they were kinda hippy-ish. When Philip Cairns disappeared there were murmurings about his mother being so religious and his religion books being missing from his recovered bag.
    Some people can be so vile.

I remember the crap that went around about the Cairns family-load of b*llox. My friend saw the Payne family when they were in Orlando. They were on some trip at the same time. They appeared to be very protective of the children, keeping them very close. Denise Bulger is the same.. she said her 14 yr old wasn't allowed out of their garden unless she was by his side.
    It still baffles me how the McCanns could leave the twins behind in Luz and travel the world within days of it happening - I'd never let them out of my sight, they'd be in the bed with me at night 'til puberty.... and I couldn't fathom why they had those happy family photos published in all the papers-what if Maddie was somewhere and could see them all getting on without her..that's what I'd be thinking. The Christian side of me feels it's wrong to condemn them as they have been punished enough but the other side feels that they know she's gone, have maybe laid her to rest somewhere privately and the way they're dealing with their remorse is to ensure some good comes out of it regarding laws like the Amber Alert system. The police over there clearly believe the child came to her end in the room and all the evidence appears to point that way.

What was said was "they are attractive to normal people" so that response doesn't make sense at all.
    And yes, in a general sense, they're reasonably attractive. They're hardly unattractive just because they don't look like Brad and Angelina. They're fairly young, fit, healthy, slim, well presented. These tick the attractive box - one doesn't have to fancy them to make them attractive. ?

She looks like skeletor......with botox'd lips.:eek:
    He looks like.....the abductor TBH.

but yeah, such speculation was rife over the dingo/baby killing which resulted in the mother being jailed

One example.

Baby P's mother was guilty of neglect. Mostly children are harmed by parents, foster parents, or authorities in loco parentis. Particularly priests. The dingo story probably seemed unlikely at the time.
    I think people take a dislike to them because they are both Doctors classed as well off and that irks your daily sun/star readers in the UK and here!

The class bias works the other way. The idea is that these middle class types could not be guilty of harming their kids. Were that a cheap resort, and the scenario the same, the parents would seem more suspect to the better educated.

Certainly there would an arrest for neglect.

I'm not laidback about it at all - I was just taking the piss out of a particular post.

No Dudess i was joining in your sarcasm lol ;):D

• Advertisement

I agree negligent but not murderers>
    What baffles me is there is loads of parents who do that abroad even at home and they also need to wake up and cop on that you cant do that with your children even at your own home.

Advertisement