Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugly man is Maddie suspect

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Terry wrote: »
    You want to talk about irony?
    How about the McCanns playing the sympathy card when they were the ones who left their children (let us not forget the others) alone in a strange place while they went on the piss and then looked for sympathy.
    That's irony.

As for the money and power thing, I was going to bring it up, but decided not to. You brought it up, so here's what the deal is.
    Anto and <insert stereotypical working class woman's name> were to leave their children alone, they would have had the other children taken off them already.
    I agree with every word of that - the world is sh1tt1ly unfair. My point though is, does this mean there should be less publicity for Madeleine when her parents have the ability to drum up lots of it? Because that's only punishing Madeleine...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Dudess wrote: »
    I agree with every word of that - the world is sh1tt1ly unfair. My point though is, does this mean there should be less publicity for Madeleine when her parents have the ability to drum up lots of it? Because that's only punishing Madeleine...
    Being brutally honest: She's dead. The publicity is pointless unless the McCanns are charged with negligence.
    That might teach others not to leave their kids alone in order to go on the piss.

As it stands, people will probably still do it and expect the same sympathy the McCanns are getting.

A child is not a toy.
    It's a responsibility and not something you can leave in a room while you sit in a bar with your friends.

Any parent will keep hoping until they've solid proof it's over (even a parent who left the child unsupervised while they went on the piss - in fact the guilt has probably compounded their determination; not that I'm excusing them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

After this amount of time :( she is most likely dead :( and if she isn't god help the poor little thing :(
    Anyone who does anything to a child should be shot or hung bring back death penalty for all the scum :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

So, essentially, we're looking for someone that look like a cross between Frank Zappa, A Blue Peter presenter, Eastern european villain from 'Taken' and The Fonz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    In the six months she was headline news around 3,600,000 African children starved to death and God alone knows how many more were kidnapped or murdered. Not a whisper of one of them on the news.
    What are ye on about?? They have on going TV campaigns. People on the street, massive billboards, people going door to door. Everyone just ignores it because we simply don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Terry wrote: »
    Being brutally honest: She's dead. The publicity is pointless unless the McCanns are charged with negligence.
    That might teach others not to leave their kids alone in order to go on the piss.

As it stands, people will probably still do it and expect the same sympathy the McCanns are getting.

A child is not a toy.
    It's a responsibility and not something you can leave in a room while you sit in a bar with your friends.

To be fair, they are already serving a life sentence for negligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

JæKæ wrote: »
    So, essentially, we're looking for someone that look like a cross between Frank Zappa, A Blue Peter presenter, Eastern european villain from 'Taken' and The Fonz

Suspect 1 looks like a cross between Javier Bardem and Billy Bob Thornton.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I wonder in about 20 years time if there will be a flood of people claiming to be a 20 something Maddie, finally released and ready to go home?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Riddle101

galwayrush wrote: »
    I wonder in about 20 years time if there will be a flood of people claiming to be a 20 something Maddie, finally released and ready to go home?:rolleyes:

20 years is very optimistic, i would say she's long gone by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

galwayrush wrote: »
    They would have to have the same distinctive mark in their eye as Maddie though, that's the one thing that would put a stop to that kind of chancer.

/as well as DNA of course.
    Riddle101 wrote: »
    20 years is very optimistic, i would say she's long gone by now.

Sadly it is looking that way, in an age of forensics coming on in leaps and bounds it is amazing that she disappeared without whoever took her leaving behind a trace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

toiletduck wrote: »
    Actually his ugliness has been upgraded to "very ugly"

He just keeps getting uglier by the hour.

Bet Kiera is reconsidering her "I would" statement....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I honestly cant believe this still gets news time. People go missing every ****ing day of the year and we hear nothing about it. Does anybody give a **** honestly?

Fromvert wrote: »
    I honestly cant believe this still gets news time. People go missing every ****ing day of the year and we hear nothing about it. Does anybody give a **** honestly?

And yet no one minds seeing this celebrities dirty linen or that ones all over the news and papers and magazines. Why should they get more news attention than the normal day person?

Most people with a heart care, i would rather see more coverage and missing people pictures in papers than those loser celeb rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

shqipshume wrote: »
    Most people with a heart care, i would rather see more coverage and missing people pictures in papers than those loser celeb rubbish.

I'm quite cut off in this regard. I don't watch television or buy the newspapers so I really never get exposure to any of this 'loser celeb rubbish' anymore. It's quite liberating tbh. I think when stuff that is supposed to entertain and inform you is also causing you annoyance then it's time to chuck it aside and get your info somewhere else.

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    I'm quite cut off in this regard. I don't watch television or buy the newspapers so I really never get exposure to any of this 'loser celeb rubbish' anymore. It's quite liberating tbh. I think when stuff that is supposed to entertain and inform you is also causing you annoyance then it's time to chuck it aside and get your info somewhere else.

I already don't buy them or watch them reality tv shows,them celeb magazines like ok and vogue etc.. bug the hell out of me :o:D she is so skinny she has put on this amount of weight who cares. I don't care who got divorced from who and who beat who's ass.
    Luckily enough if i do watch the real news stories if any of that other stuff is about to come on i change it over.
    I agree with you completely liberating to not watch them.
    And a child who is still missing is worthy news imo.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Whatever happened,a child has gone missing and most likely dead,and its a tradegy regardless of who her parents are,but as has been said already,she isnt the only child in the world,who has gone missing,or has been kidnapped,or has been raped,or abused,or beaten,or murdered,or sold into slavery,the saddest thing about it is,even though every child is precious,thousands of children,die and experience unthinkable hardship everyday,but when one White English child the daughter of wealthy doctors goes missing and is supposeedly abducted,there is a media circus,a national outcry,every sleazy low down tabloid jumps on the bandwagon and sells them millions of papers,all the lowest common donominator are talking and crying crocadile tears about it,but at the end of the day,whose crying for Dafur or Palestine or the DR on Congo etc,but thats life ,cant be all puppies and rainbows

They didnt kidnap fullstops you know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭mikethemouth

greendom wrote: »
    They'll only "piss off" when they find out what happened to their daughter. Fair play to them in managing to get so much publicity for their case. I'd hope I could manage to do the same if I was in their shoes.

AGREED !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Kate/Gerry McCann, how do you like them apples tapas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I read on another site that this chap who was hanging around was identified and checked out by the Portuguese police. This is a clip from the police report......
    ''the interview with TASMIN MILBURN SILENCE is presented, who saw on two occasions and on several other days, an individual observing the apartment from which MADELEINE disappeared. A photo-fit was created based on the witness' indications . . . diligences were performed which led to the identification of MICHAEL ANTHONY GREEN, who was the target of diverse diligences without incriminatory results, pages 632 to 726 of Volume III, Appendix VI. Beyond this individual, there were other diligences performed at this level, also without useful results for the investigation, as is explained throughout Appendix VI
    Still on Appendix VI, pages 504 and in the following, it was investigated a situation relative to two individuals, NEIL BERRY and RAJINDER BALU (complementary inquests requested in the letter rogatory), specifically relative with the first one, whose information was crossed with the above aforementioned witness, TASMIN SILENCE, namely to what concerns the photo-fit, having this one made clear that it was not that same individual.
    This occurrence was targeted due to an information given by an employee of the resort, pages 504 and 505 of the Appendix VI, where a somewhat peculiar situation was reported, supposedly to do with NEIL BERRY. However, in spite of the diligences done, inclusive in the letter rogatory, nothing was established that connected him to the disappearance of the British child.''

It seems they think this chap hanging around was a Michael Green (embarrassing to be broadcast around the world as an 'ugly' creep) but it says the young one failed to recognise him in a photofit, I don't know if the other witnesses did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Fromvert wrote: »

I don't think about her every second of my day but yes I give a shít. It doesn't affect my life but I think the McCanns deserve some sort of closure. In fact, I hope that they get it as soon as possible, whether they find their daughter or a body.

Yeah they f*cked up but I can't even begin to comprehend how it must feel to lose a child like that. If they stop searching they'll never be able to move on. At what stage do you tell a parent to stop looking for their lost child? ANY parent? They'll keep going while they still feel hope and I don't blame them for it.

If you see another report of it on the news, switch the channel. If it's in your paper tomorrow, turn the page. No one's saying you have to give a shít but let the McCanns deal with this the only way they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

She's more than likely dead... rather hear less of this. It's getting annoying really... bring back jade goody tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

It's actually scary how many adults I see doing the exact same thing. They come in to where I work, leave their kids (once or twice no older than Maddie) into a movie for a few hours while they go off somewhere else.

Do you work in a certain cinema on the Galway outskirts?

I've seen some pretty poor parenting there. Once I saw a woman leave her two young kids in the queue for Batman only to be told by an employee she couldn't send her underage kids into the movie, she went on a big long rant and collared one of our group and said to her kids, "here, these people will look after you" and flounced off. I was fairly shocked; leaving your young children with some random youngsters isn't good decorum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

She's more than likely dead... rather hear less of this. It's getting annoying really

Interesting. That's exactly the kind of thing I'd expect Maddie's killer to say.... hmmm..... very interesting! <adjusts smoking pipe>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

• Registered Users Posts: 54,979 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I have watched my fair bit of the Kate and Gerry and there is just something about them that bugs me. They seem cold and devoid of emotion. I cannot take to them at all.
    Something just does not click!

walshb wrote: »
    I have watched my fair bit of the Kate and Gerry and there is just something about them that bugs me. They seem cold and devoid of emotion. I cannot take to them at all.
    Something just does not click!

They lack the look of desperation you see normally in the parents of missing kids...even soon after it happened. They have sometimes however looked like bereaved parents....there's a difference. I lost my child in Pennys once and nearly lost my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,979 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ann22 wrote: »
    They lack the look of desperation you see normally in the parents of missing kids...even soon after it happened. They have sometimes however looked like bereaved parents....there's a difference. I lost my child in Pennys once and nearly lost my life.

I can only imagine the feeling. It must be a horrible and sick and queasy feeling.
    As for Gerry and Kate, no, they just lack something when I see
    them and then when you factor in the circumstances of how Maddie
    disappeared, I feel less towards them; I cannot help it!

Lindy Chamberlain (whose baby was savaged by a dingo) was pretty much convicted of killing her baby by the public before the truth came to light... one of the factors was her calmness, which was construed as coldness. There's this assumption you'd be hysterical... who knows though? Maybe you'd be so numbed by the shock, you'd be just "frozen"... incapable of showing emotion.

The more hysterical the person is, the more suspicious I'd be tbh...

• Advertisement

I remember that dingo case, but I think she saw the dingo so she knew the baby's fate really, it wasn't a case where the child just vanished - that would drive you silly....and that case where Peter Falconio was murdered in the outback. His girlfriend was under suspicion for her coldness too. Think she was getting fed up with him at the time, rumours she was seeing another fella on the side.
    I agree you can't judge a person's guilt or innocence by their behaviour but there was a lot going on off camera about the McCanns that the police noticed as weird and uncaring.

Advertisement