Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling brawlers of Balbriggan

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

BVB wrote: »
    It only takes one generation to teach the next how to respect the law of the land but most of them choose to ignore it and have there own law .I used to live in a town down the country and the whole town hated the travellers. They can't be all wrong

I live in Balbriggan. I would say that now the whole town will hate them like I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Blame the British .

Out!!! Out!!! Out!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Until you meet every single traveller, you can't make judgement calls on all of them like that. Even if the community has problems, there are plenty of wonderful people who are travellers. I've met a number of them.

Sure wait for the traveller weddings . There great craic . 100's of travellers turn up and not just from Ireland. Its so peaceful . I can be blessed that i dont work in the Bar business where now I can leave when the scum arrive rather then facing the insults and filthy barks that come from there mouths. The best thing is when you want them to leave . What part of ''the bar is closed'' do they not understand

Dudess wrote: »
    Until you meet every single traveller, you can't make judgement calls on all of them like that. Even if the community has problems, there are plenty of wonderful people who are travellers. I've met a number of them.

I agree but a very small minority are nice and where I lived there was 7 diffrent families . But all the same agenda . They dont show respect so I dont give them respect

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 'Scar' Mcdonagh

I dont even know what that means:confused:

Neither do I boss, I can't read the big words.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'd be interested to know how Brian ( Who I think is in Galway and seems to be a bit of a traveler expert) can explain how the poor travellers in Doughiska with the 08 Audi a4's and nice new Range Rover get free housing ?
    Are you entitled to housing in a halting site if you can afford such luxury cars ? I think if would be nice for the fraud squad to pay them a visit ..
    Poor travelers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

In fairness, I really have my doubts travellers - or the majority of them - are loaded. Yes, there are issues within their community but all these bull**** generalisations don't help anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'll admit I have a major problem with travellers..but it's not that they may commit more crime than settled folk , it's the simple fact that their entire 'culture' is paid for by the taxpayer.

Fair enough if they want to be recognised as a seperate culture or group but if you don't accept the rules or try to integrate into society then you can't expect the benefits of it either.

I have the same opinion of people who were on the dole in the boom times to by the way (settled life long dolers that is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I'd be interested to know how Brian ( Who I think is in Galway and seems to be a bit of a traveler expert) can explain how the poor travellers in Doughiska with the 08 Audi a4's and nice new Range Rover get free housing ?
    Are you entitled to housing in a halting site if you can afford such luxury cars ? I think if would be nice for the fraud squad to pay them a visit ..
    Poor travelers.

Why don't you ring the ****ing guards and have them find out instead of whinging about travellers online so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Shouldn't the thread title be "Brawling Travellers of Balbriggan". It's an isolated incident, it's not as though there are a band of brawlers based in Balbriggan who will travel to brawl, no matter what the cause or the distance. Or maybe there are.

CALL RENTABRAWL TODAY TO HAVE A BRAWL IN YOUR TOWN!

HAVE BRAWLING SKILLS, WILL TRAVEL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Jaysus!
    I'm not banned yet.
    Brill. Great to see what every one sees nowadays.

The days of the 'knacks' pulling up to the dole shop in their '09 4x4's & collecting their 'entitlements' is no longer acceptable!:mad::mad::mad:

Make no mistake, they're only crimimal gangs nowadays & just deserve the same regard as the mobs in limerick.

Advertisement